• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would actually like if mythical Pokemon would stop being handed out at Game Stops and such and just have them be part of post-game stories. I know it's unlikely, but it's the only way they'll hold any value to me. The Delta Episode of ORAS is a step in the right direction.

The only way it would go away is if they would no longer need it as a promotional tool. It's true that this holds little effect for the West, as it's just not as big of a deal. For Japan at least, they center an entire movie and set of merchandise around these buggers and promote the hell out of it. There is a great big chunk of their profits that come from this. I'm sure they're also aware of the matter that some see it as unfair that one country gets certain things and others don't. There is nothing they can do to help the matter Pokemon is not as big in other countries as it is for them, but for the pokemon themselves, it is important that they get the same treatment across the board so that it doesn't become imbalanced. I will agree in this arena that it would be a better idea to just have internet events that everyone can get at all times. Apparently, they still think they need the money from promoting other things to increase their profits. If they're that hard up for it, they should really promote Pokemon itself more prevalently.

Look at Zeraora. It exists as a marketing tool for the movie first and foremost.

And again, a new mythical caught in-game would simply be a legendary and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I wish they still did in game events to catch mythicals tbh. Nowadays they just give them out through codes and that’s it. It’s so boring.
I know right, it would be much cooler if you had to solve riddles and overcome trials to be able to catch them, then they would feel really mythical, by just giving them out, they just become regular pokemon for me. You now they could still give them out, I‘m not against it, but why don‘t make it so that the code you receive activates the ingame quest to catch them, that way nobody would loose and people would have much more fun.

I would like the mythical pokemon pokemon be on dlc with areas unknown to be explored

Btw are we just waiting for e3 or is there any significant date to look out for?

Yeah dlc really is the best course of action moving forward when considering mythicals. It's really the only thing that makes sense.

As for announcements there's no specific date to look for. We could very well get something any time between let's say Tuesday (because I doubt we'll get anything tomorrow) and e3. E3 being the easy answer since it's a time when things actually do get announced. So it's not a huge jump to think maybe we'd get something then. As for any other times it's harder to say. Either way I 100% for sure think we'll get something by e3. There's no doubt in my mind at this point. But I've been saying that for a while now lol XP

This is kind of a flawed statement, because scrapped designs don't get totally discarded. A few have made it into canon in a revised form.
But this doesn't mean that Gorochu will be an official Pokemon. If they were to do that, Pichu would have to be taken out of the game completely, as you can't have 4 evolutionary stages. I don't think that GF will ever remove Pokemon.

But this doesn't mean that Gorochu will be an official Pokemon. If they were to do that, Pichu would have to be taken out of the game completely, as you can't have 4 evolutionary stages. I don't think that GF will ever remove Pokemon.
If Gorochu ever materialized, it doesn’t have to be in the form of an evolution to raichu like they originally wanted. They could make it a split evo.

If they really wanted to market Pikachu and a new 'Gorochu', best bet would be a Mega or AshNinja type thing. Gimmick would be ability of Raichu OR Pikachu to both Mega to it.. Wild guess with no factual basis. Would give the Chu line a new form, and Pikachu would suddenly be a truly viable option.

I was wondering if we do get Kanto remakes/reboots/sequels what would be the cover Pokemon for the games? I was speculating maybe Charizard,Venusaur and Blastoise get a new form maybe legendary forms and in one version you can get the Charizard legendary form and the other game you can get the Venusaur Legendary form and in both games you can get the Blastoise legendary form. Also perhaps Pikachu and Eevee are our only two starter options and the two pokemon we can use that can walk with us.

They definitely won’t remove Pokemon, but it would be possible to give Pikachu another evolution and not remove Pichu. They could introduce a new stone or environment that could evolve Pikachu in another way, thereby making a split evolution line, ala Politoed, rather than a four way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom