• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullet Club Master said:
I was speculating maybe Charizard,Venusaur and Blastoise get a new form maybe legendary forms
Their Megas are already pretty much legendary forms, but I don't see Mega Evolution having much of a role.

I'm in favor of Eevee being the starter, the Kanto starters showing up a bit later as in XY, and Mewtwo and Mew being the mascots (without being version-exclusive). Pikachu might get some sort of story, which would be nice to see for a variety of special Pokemon.

Well, page 400. In 17 comments we will reach 8000. Expect an announcement any time soon. If this doesn't make GF release the announcement, I don't know what else will. ;)

Look at Zeraora. It exists as a marketing tool for the movie first and foremost.
It's not like GF only makes new Pokémon solely to use them to earn more money. Real passion and effort goes into the creation of every single Pokémon, including Mythical Pokémon, that's why they are so beloved by fans. I'm sure it's the same with Zeraora. Pokémon are not mere tools to use.

They definitely won’t remove Pokemon, but it would be possible to give Pikachu another evolution and not remove Pichu. They could introduce a new stone or environment that could evolve Pikachu in another way, thereby making a split evolution line, ala Politoed, rather than a four way.
But still, I highly doubt that Gorochu will ever be a real Pokemon. The team said that "balancing issues" were why it was cut.

But still, I highly doubt that Gorochu will ever be a real Pokemon. The team said that "balancing issues" were why it was cut.
I wouldn‘t count it out completely and that balancing phrase was meant for back then with red and green games, i don‘t think this would be a problem today.

Well, not all scrapped ideas are eventually reused.
Man, it sure would be something to see all of the concept art for scrapped or not chosen designs over the years.

Imagine what some of the more recent generations have in scrapped designs .I'd be like a kid in a candy store, lemme tell ya!

But this doesn't mean that Gorochu will be an official Pokemon. If they were to do that, Pichu would have to be taken out of the game completely, as you can't have 4 evolutionary stages. I don't think that GF will ever remove Pokemon.
I agree that the original concept behind Gorochu will never be canonized due to the whole 4 stages thing. However, if this is really just being brought up now of all times, I can't help but wonder if this means something similar to Gorochu will be in the cards soon. Granted, the Raichu evolution Gorochu will never happen, and not all unused designs get revisited, but this could mean that we'll get something big in regards to the next Pikaclone introduced.

I'm not saying this means anything, but the timing couldn't be any more suspicious due to the topic being brought up. I'm cautiously optimistic and am prepared for disappointment!

Balancing issues, I imagine, as in 'Raichu's stats are good enough and doesn't need an evolution'. With a split evolution that problem is solved.

I don't think that Gorochu will make the cut either, especially since we have someone in an interview talking about it, but anything is possible.

Balancing issues, I imagine, as in 'Raichu's stats are good enough and doesn't need an evolution'. With a split evolution that problem is solved.

I don't think that Gorochu will make the cut either, especially since we have someone in an interview talking about it, but anything is possible.
I don't think that they will add any more crossgen evolutions aside from eeveelutions.

Balancing issues in Gen 1 aren't the same as balancing issues in Gen 8. There are multiple ways a Gorochu can be realized if they wanted it: cross-gen evolution, regional variants, or mega evolution (and variants of it).

Balancing issues in Gen 1 aren't the same as balancing issues in Gen 8. There are multiple ways a Gorochu can be realized if they wanted it: cross-gen evolution, regional variants, or mega evolution (and variants of it).
They could also recycle Gorochu's design and make it a Legendary/Mythical ancestor to all of the Pikaclones. C'mon Game Freak, when are you gonna give me a Legendary/Mythical Pikaclone? You know how popular your mascot is and how you make another electric rodent every generation, so why not make a Mythical Pikaclone to market and get it over with? You just know it would sell well!

Raichu already gets a lot of flack for not being a natural evolution. Having Pikachu evolve to something else only makes it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom