• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, most of us are expecting Kanto games anyway and "midway between Sun/Moon and Pokken" is vague but somewhat promising.

I'm indifferent to the other games.

Welp, the May 7th and September predictions here are looking a bit too spot on to pass off.

Yeah, I'm blown away. Not to mention a few reliable leakers and Poke-webmasters have already been claiming that we're returning to Kanto. That description of the graphics is almost on par with that Lapras screenshot... the thing about a cross between Gen 7 graphics and Pokken makes me wonder if that means the overworld will be Gen 7 graphics but when you enter into battle, we'll get an arena setup that's similar to Pokken.

interesting they got the date right on the online service, pokemon switch might actually happen at E3...

There are some things missing tho keep in mind. Like them renaming the VC title and the fact that it doesn't seem to have any additional things like discord on the plate. Also pretty sure Nintendo specifically stated that e3 will be 2018 titles only so if Metroid Prime 4 really is 2019 they won't be talking about it. The rumor could very well just be a lucky guess

Yeah, I'm blown away. Not to mention a few reliable leakers and Poke-webmasters have already been claiming that we're returning to Kanto. That description of the graphics is almost on par with that Lapras screenshot... the thing about a cross between Gen 7 graphics and Pokken makes me wonder if that means the overworld will be Gen 7 graphics but when you enter into battle, we'll get an arena setup that's similar to Pokken.

I figure it could be something as simple as using the same models with better rendering- like take a look at Pokemon Go. It uses the same models as Sun and Moon, but with a better, more "realistic" render. Graphics upgrade made easy.

That cloud service thing for Switch online sounds interesting, I wonder how it'll be used in Pokemon Switch.
Thats the only good thing from the online announcment
Paid online is a scam
Nintendo doesn't even need all that extra money, they are ready making bank on the switch and will make even more when smash and pokemon release

Yeah that's the one. Now granted it could have only gotten the Online service info date right, but we shall see. The down side of this is that if it's real then we have to wait until June to hear anything about the Switch game hahaha
I think its fake
It would have been red and green instead of red and blue. Plus that was literally the most predictable date for online info.

I think its fake
It would have been red and green instead of red and blue. Plus that was literally the most predictable date for online info.
Not necessarily, a Blue version was also released in Japan- it's actually the version that our Red and Blue was based on, because the original Red and Green had the weird sprites in it. And it would also make more sense to refer to it as a remake of Red and Blue when referencing Pokemon to an English audience.

That said, I just read through the whole thread attached to that post and it sounds like it was a mashup of leaks and rumors, so there's no knowing what else is legit besides the Switch Online thing.

A few things:

1. Someone on Gamefaqs claims that the press knew what to expect today.
2. The "leaker" from Gamefaqs admitted to stealing the rumor from 4chan. He supposedly verified some of the information via his brother, who works at Best Buy's marketing department.
3. The September release was confirmed in January.

Not that it really matters when the Pokemon tidbit is so minimal.

Not necessarily, a Blue version was also released in Japan- it's actually the version that our Red and Blue was based on, because the original Red and Green had the weird sprites in it. And it would also make more sense to refer to it as a remake of Red and Blue when referencing Pokemon to an English audience.

That said, I just read through the whole thread attached to that post and it sounds like it was a mashup of leaks and rumors, so there's no knowing what else is legit besides the Switch Online thing.
Its not even the 7th in Japan ot Europe
Anyone could have predicted the 7th anyways, Its the first work day of the week after golden week

Some claims on that post seem suspicious to me.
  • "Yoshi Flipped Around" seems like a logical title for what we know about the upcoming Yoshi game (this)-but that was revealed in E3 2017. Are they really showing it off at two E3s?
  • There's a claim that Activision is going to make a Crash amiibo. But Crash was just recently made as a Skylander in Imaginators, which is on the Switch, and Activision has made amiibo/Skylander figures before-they did it in the previous game, Superchargers, with Bowser and DK. So why not make Crash an amiibo then?
  • Luigi is being released as playable DLC for Odyssey-on the very day they make the announcement. As a surprise separate from E3, I can understand, but spending time at an event about upcoming games to talk about something that you can already do?

Is there still a chance the new movie will feature a new Pokemon?

Not to be a contrarian, but:

"Yoshi Flipped Around" seems like a logical title for what we know about the upcoming Yoshi game (this)-but that was revealed in E3 2017. Are they really showing it off at two E3s?
Why not? It doesn't have a title yet and they showcased Breath of the Wild twice.

There's a claim that Activision is going to make a Crash amiibo. But Crash was just recently made as a Skylander in Imaginators, which is on the Switch, and Activision has made amiibo/Skylander figures before-they did it in the previous game, Superchargers, with Bowser and DK. So why not make Crash an amiibo then?
Possibly because no actual Crash game is on a Nintendo system just yet.

Luigi is being released as playable DLC for Odyssey-on the very day they make the announcement. As a surprise separate from E3, I can understand, but spending time at an event about upcoming games to talk about something that you can already do?
I seem to remember that such a thing happened at least once when a Direct was involved. It might have been DLC or an eShop game, but they said something like "go ahead and download it now!", which wasn't a bad pitch.

Pertaining to the online bit.. I honestly think that Pokémon is going to be one of those free to go online games.. I don't remember if i mentioned it here already but if they lock Battling, trading and access to Pokémon Bank and other features like the Global Link then they'll be losing a lot more activity for the Switch games and the main site.
Players that don't want to pay for the service won't be able to complete the Dex assuming there is going to be Different versions and no other way to get those that are unavailable unless they go local which some people keep their Switch as a non hand held console and don't want to bring everywhere. It's not a good plan considering the handheld main series games have always been free to play online once they got the technology and didn't have to rely on link cables for trading and battling. They'll be going a few steps backwards if they set up a pay wall in Pokémon..

Not to be a contrarian, but:

Why not? It doesn't have a title yet and they showcased Breath of the Wild twice.

Possibly because no actual Crash game is on a Nintendo system just yet.

I seem to remember that such a thing happened at least once when a Direct was involved. It might have been DLC or an eShop game, but they said something like "go ahead and download it now!", which wasn't a bad pitch.

We have had crash bandicoot games on the GBA, GCN and the Wii in the past and the switch next month, amiibo is very possible if they really wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom