• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how the fandom is acting right now and the hype for the game has been insanely high since June of last year, I don't think anything is gonna stop those fans from asking about the Switch game anyways. I've been seeing just as many Japanese fans pester Masuda about Pokemon Switch on Twitter as I have seen Westerners do the same thing. This is why I don't think it'll be impossible for them to at the very least tease the games before this meeting.

It’s like when sun and moon hype was high and they asked masuda about the starter evolutions being real at a QA thing and he said we haven’t shown them yet or something like that when a fan showed him a drawing.

The hype is absolutely huge like you said :)

which rumour is more acurate?
Kanto remakes or gen 8?
if Switch will be Kanto remakes then what about Blastoise and Vensuaur getting extra mega forms like Charizard got in the past?
or maybe even a cross-over with gen 2?

Let's not forget that the event about usum was not meant to happen in May, it was just delayed because Masuda (or Ohmori) was ill, so if they planned the announcement for this week they will not postpone it because of that meeting.

if Switch will be Kanto remakes then what about Blastoise and Vensuaur getting extra mega forms like Charizard got in the past?
or maybe even a cross-over with gen 2?
Charizard did not need a 2nd Mega and the same can be said for Venusaur and Blastoise, especially when only 2 Starter Trios have Megas and not even the Johto Starters have any, I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just really hoping it doesn't.

So it's Kanto remake, Johto remake, Sinnoh remake or new region? A lot of conflicting signals I see. In my opinion, this indicates that nobody knows anything about new games.

So it's Kanto remake, Johto remake, Sinnoh remake or new region? A lot of conflicting signals I see. In my opinion, this indicates that nobody knows anything about new games.
Except that none of the rumors are about Johto or Sinnoh, and the ones about a new region come from sources with no proven track record.

Lucky saves for the switch don’t save to the cart XD GG Nintendo lol
Introducing the newest Pokémon™️! The FIRST Nintendo Switch game that saves right to the cartridge, so you can take your pals and play* on any switch system!

*Additional fees may apply

It’s like when sun and moon hype was high and they asked masuda about the starter evolutions being real at a QA thing and he said we haven’t shown them yet or something like that when a fan showed him a drawing.

The hype is absolutely huge like you said :)
iirc, he said "you guys weren't suppose to know about them yet haha".

Like, I distinctly remember him laughing it off.

Except that none of the rumors are about Johto or Sinnoh, and the ones about a new region come from sources with no proven track record.

VegetableBird - Sinnoh, about Johto I heard something but a long time ago. New region have more sense than Kanto again.

That's not true. We know it will release on the Switch c;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom