• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're basically saying that if a building is built or demolished in let's say New York city it stops being New York city. That's silly. Adding or removing landmarks doesn't stop Kanto from being Kanto. That's like saying in BW2 the region you're in isn't Unova because they added new areas and the route just above Castelia city has a town instead of just being a wasteland.....
He's talking about changes to Kanto in excess, not changes to Kanto in general. This means too many alterations to Kanto were made, especially to the point where it is no longer recognizable as Kanto.

Whether we have a complete old kanto with no changes or a modern kanto one million years in the future with a ton of changes, as long as they have the game with a half decent AI and a worthwhile challenge for once that’s all I care about.

I’m more interested how Kanto and story will go. Kanto games previously have had almost no story and character development, it worries me we will get something like USUM with the story telling and it will be over the top or they won’t change anything and it will be mundane.

One thing I've realized about a Kanto revisit right now is that a lot of what is even pointing us toward it being a Kanto revisit is based on the fact that there has been zero promotional material for new pokemon. Nothing, no new pokemon that might be in Kanto, no new forms that might be in Kanto, just absolutely nothing. So the odds that we're going to get Kanto with new pokemon is probably about as equal as the odds that we're going to get a new region at this point.

One thing I've realized about a Kanto revisit right now is that a lot of what is even pointing us toward it being a Kanto revisit is based on the fact that there has been zero promotional material for new pokemon. Nothing, no new pokemon that might be in Kanto, no new forms that might be in Kanto, just absolutely nothing. So the odds that we're going to get Kanto with new pokemon is probably about as equal as the odds that we're going to get a new region at this point.

I think that a lot of people think that it’s Kanto because of USUM leakers/others hinting at a Kanto remake, rather than a lack of any kind of reveal.

I think that it’d be really cool to see a Water Pokemon that’s a fighting type that isn’t Poliwrath, so that was my choice for the poll.

I think that it’d be really cool to see a Water Pokemon that’s a fighting type that isn’t Poliwrath,
110px-647Keldeo-Resolute.png

I think that a lot of people think that it’s Kanto because of USUM leakers/others hinting at a Kanto remake, rather than a lack of any kind of reveal.

I think that it’d be really cool to see a Water Pokemon that’s a fighting type that isn’t Poliwrath, so that was my choice for the poll.
Oh I guess... but I'd personally take that with a grain of salt on its own, because that belief seems to largely be based on it being "too soon," whereas promotional material generally has less bias and we know that merchandise has pretty much been rolling through the Kanto hay and the movie certainly isn't hyping up anything new yet.

I'd like to be wrong, but right now I'm leaning toward the possibility that it's just a regular 3D Kanto with Switch enhanced graphics and maybe a new plot so they can show off more of those dreadful cut scenes.

Oh I guess... but I'd personally take that with a grain of salt on its own, because that belief seems to largely be based on it being "too soon," whereas promotional material generally has less bias and we know that merchandise has pretty much been rolling through the Kanto hay and the movie certainly isn't hyping up anything new yet.

I'd like to be wrong, but right now I'm leaning toward the possibility that it's just a regular 3D Kanto with Switch enhanced graphics and maybe a new plot so they can show off more of those dreadful cut scenes.

You’re definitely right, the merchandise and stuff is a contributing factor to people’s worries and wants. I think that combined with the ‘leaks’ is where most of the hysteria is coming from, but if the leaks weren’t there in the first place, well ...

I think it could go either way, honestly. Like you say, since we don’t know anything, anything could happen.

You’re definitely right, the merchandise and stuff is a contributing factor to people’s worries and wants. I think that combined with the ‘leaks’ is where most of the hysteria is coming from, but if the leaks weren’t there in the first place, well ...

I think it could go either way, honestly. Like you say, since we don’t know anything, anything could happen.
It really could! And one theory I like to entertain is that maybe there's nothing yet because they are saving all the promotion for later! They may have decided not to reveal next-gen pokemon in the movie so they could make the game reveal all the more surprising! =D

And one thing to note there is that it's a new animation studio that is handling the movies- if they had any agreement with the old one to let them tease the next games, that could be gone now with the new studio and so they are more effectively guarding their assets this time to make their reveal, the reveal. We already know how they like to take the surprise away from CoroCoro, TPCi's promotion has gotten pretty stingy with letting anyone else steal their thunder first. That could extend to merchandise too.

So fingers crossed for something new and exciting!

Guys, remember XYZ? Ash says that will go back to Kanto to restart his journey. Sun & Moon series are just vacations, so a Kanto game is possible...

Guys, remember XYZ? Ash says that will go back to Kanto to restart his journey. Sun & Moon series are just vacations, so a Kanto game is possible...
Ash always goes back to Kanto to leave his pokemon with Professor Oak before starting on a new journey, though. He "restarts" with just Pikachu every time since Hoenn.

I recently saw a video about that. To be honest, I originally interpreted Ash as saying that he was going to Kanto to prepare for a new journey that could be anywhere, but it's true that Alola is just a vacation that turned into a school experience.

Oriden said:
if they had any agreement with the old one to let them tease the next games
Such an agreement would benefit everyone, so I don't see why TPCi wouldn't renew it. This isn't about "who gets to reveal it first" (TPCi could still do that) but rather the games fueling interest in the movies and vice-versa. (Also, OLM is still involved with the movie despite another studio helping.)

I think that the movie only focuses on Eevee, Lugia and Zeraora because they're definitely marketable enough, and a brand new Pokemon debuting would make virtually everyone assume that a new generation is approaching, which I doubt is the case. Once the games are revealed, new Pokemon may well appear.

That's interesting to me, mostly because I don't keep up with the anime that much anymore. I don't want to go off topic too much, but this is something I've been pondering. If the games are going back to Kanto, and if it continues the RR story that's teased in the post-game cliffhanger, has there been anything in the anime that might signal this direction? What does Giovanni do anymore, sit on his ass in his office the whole time?

We haven't been back to Kanto for nearly ten years now. Over fourteen, if you don't count HG/SS somewhat shoddy representation of it.

This is what confuses me about people saying 'Kanto, again' - we haven't been back in an awful long time (either 4 or 3 generations, depending on how you look at it) and even when we did in HG/SS, nothing has been done to the area to update or refresh it.
They just released Games with Kanto a few months a ago, the vc releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom