• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can release a Kanto game and change mostly everything, even
the Pokemon there. There's two ways I can see this happening:

1). Release a game that takes place in the distant past or distant future.

2). Release a game that takes place in an alternate reality.

In both cases, you can make a Kanto with familiar landmarks, but ultimately, introduce new places/characters/mons at will.
If your going to add so much might as well make a new generation

640px-Giovanni_XY_anime.png

Sometimes he sits at his desk backwards, just to mix things up a little.

Those trademarks were registered by a company called Best License, which is the equivalent of a poacher:

Best License is run by Ikuhiro Ueda, who has said publicly that he reviews newspapers and online articles for ideas for new trademark filings, filing up to 50 applications per day. As of January 31, 2017, the JPO database lists 11,247 trademark applications in the name of Best License Company, and an additional 2,656 applications under his personal name. These applications in Japanese and English range from the simple (“WOW”, “NUMBERS”) to the specific (“PHASED ARRAY RADAR”), and cover technical buzzwords (“SMART HYBRID”, “DIGITAL LEARNING”), politics (“BREXIT”) and, of course, include filings for many words and phrases made famous by others, including “PPAP”. Despite this large number of applications, Best License and Ueda have only 7 trademark registrations between them – the vast majority of applications are rejected for non-payment of the application fee.

Trademark squatters such as Ueda hope to earn a profit by selling or licensing the acquired trademark rights to others.

"Game Plus/Minus" isn't even a Pokemon title, anyway.

Thanks
Why would someone go around to trademark things anyways? Seems like a waste of time. I guess they are just being jerks

To make money this is a way to force people to buy tradmatrad from you. And then sue them when they "infringe" on your trademarks.

Sometimes he sits at his desk backwards, just to mix things up a little.

I 'bout done choked on my pizza when I read this.

Those trademarks were registered by a company called Best License, which is the equivalent of a poacher:

"Game Plus/Minus" isn't even a Pokemon title, anyway.

Dang it, here I thought we were on to something.

I hope that the next games are called Pokemon Game Plus and Pokemon Game Minus.

I’d be happy for a Kanto/anywhere revisit or a new region. I just want to play a Pokémon game on my Switch. I’m glad I’m not hoping for anything one way or another, it’ll lead to less disappointment on my part. I already have the console so I guess the decision to buy it is made already.

Last edited:
I personally would rather not return to Kanto. While I know that undoubtedly we will at some point in time, its just not really something I want or need, new regions are way more interesting and fun.

You know what, I think I just have to say, that I don't think Pokemon games will ever be named Plus and Minus because of the negative connotations... ;D
They can associate it with Ice, Cold temperatures(Minus degrees), or electrons
Not all minuses are "bad"

Not bad, but it was a joke on minus being negative by definition. XD
lol
I actually am okay with Plus and Minus as names.
They can associate it with Ice, Cold temperatures(Minus degrees), or electrons
Not all minuses are "bad"
Speaking of temperature, masuda has been talking about temperature alot
Ive been following his twitter since 2016, and he has never talked about temperature this much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom