• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s becaue he’s getting older ? My grandparents always talk and complain about the weather lol
Goodness, obsession with the weather is legit such an old person thing, my grandmother feels a need to put the weather for the day in the corner of every greeting card she writes. I don't get it. XD

Masuda, man, your age is showing.

So let’s see here, an offical magazine told us that Pokemon switch was gen 8. But now we have a credible leak saying Kanto. This is just weird. Unless we get gen 8 where we travel back to Kanto in the after game or something like that.

So let’s see here, an offical magazine told us that Pokemon switch was gen 8. But now we have a credible leak saying Kanto. This is just weird. Unless we get gen 8 where we travel back to Kanto in the after game or something like that.

The whole thing about the Spanish magazine was debunked, because apparently they had stated that Sinnoh would be revisited in Gen 7 and it never happened.

The magazine was debunked ages ago. It even popped up here at least a month (Can't remember if it was early this thread or in the old one) before Poketubers jumped on it and made it so public.

Just going to quote this previous post I made, because I think it covers the point of that "official" magazine well enough...

Literally the only reason why Verlisify can claim that he was "first" in making the magazine news popular is because no one else regards it as credible information.

That said, I tried looking into it myself and only really found info on the Official Nintendo Magazine UK that closed in 2014. Of note in this article is the mention that "Nintendo will continue to speak directly to fans via Nintendo Direct, our social media and online channels and public events." implying that they are not using magazines as an official means of communication. This is backed also by Nintendo Power's license ending in 2012. Which tells me that the "Revista Oficial Nintendo" is probably a franchisee given the rights to use Nintendo's trademarks but not any of Nintendo's inside information- which would make the "generation 8" information in the article just speculation.

It's possible to be an "official" magazine without being fed information from Nintendo. You just pay for the right to use their brand.

I hope that the next games are called Pokemon Game Plus and Pokemon Game Minus.

I’d be happy for a Kanto/anywhere revisit or a new region. I just want to play a Pokémon game on my Switch. I’m glad I’m not hoping for anything one way or another, it’ll lead to less disappointment on my part. I already have the console so I guess the decision to buy it is made already.
kanto again? no thanks gen 8 skipped for me meh

This question might be dumb, I don't know how trademarks work or whether those bots post every single trademark, so I apologize in advance.

the Japanese leaker said the new pokemon names have already been trademarked (I remember hearing it in one of PokeSirena 's videos). If that's true, shouldn't they already be on a Trademark_bot twitter account?
On trademark_bot4s account, there are a couple of pokemon-related (?) trademarks filed by best licence.

View: https://twitter.com/trademark_bot4S/status/985514338323779586/photo/1

View: https://twitter.com/trademark_bot4S/status/985504270387699712/photo/1

(Pokecoin)

Could that mean some pokemon names might be already there even without the "gamefreak" tag?

It finally happened!
Our first new Pokemon of the new gen!
Dct5S0lX4AA5W1H.jpg

This question might be dumb, I don't know how trademarks work or whether those bots post every single trademark, so I apologize in advance.

the Japanese leaker said the new pokemon names have already been trademarked (I remember hearing it in one of PokeSirena 's videos). If that's true, shouldn't they already be on a Trademark_bot twitter account?
On trademark_bot4s account, there are a couple of pokemon-related (?) trademarks filed by best licence.

(Pokecoin)

Could that mean some pokemon names might be already there even without the "gamefreak" tag?

I don't think Pokemon names ever had the GameFreak tag when they are initially trademarked.
I think they use proxy lawyers to trademark them.

Unless you are talking about older gen Pokemon that had megas. In this case, the trademarks did have Game Freak tag.

We haven't been back to Kanto for nearly ten years now. Over fourteen, if you don't count HG/SS somewhat shoddy representation of it.

This is what confuses me about people saying 'Kanto, again' - we haven't been back in an awful long time (either 4 or 3 generations, depending on how you look at it) and even when we did in HG/SS, nothing has been done to the area to update or refresh it.

The probably them becomes how that interferes with the remake cycle. Should we wait to get diamond and pearl remakes because we haven't been to Kanto in so long. What about 5/10 years from now how

(Pokecoin)

Someone just posted from best lcc but now they literally have a Pokemon trademark

They're trademark squatters. It'll sit there for a while and eventually be dismissed. As for if it will cause them problems, I think Gamefreak is too smart for that. They very subtly put their trademarks in there far before anyone could've thought of them. Whatever they have, it's already in there and been deliberately hidden.

Maybe they just called them Pokemon Red and Green, Switch version, so they didn't need new trademarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom