• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're trademark squatters. It'll sit there for a while and eventually be dismissed. As for if it will cause them problems, I think Gamefreak is too smart for that. They very subtly put their trademarks in there far before anyone could've thought of them. Whatever they have, it's already in there and been deliberately hidden.
How were we able to discover the trademarks for Lunala and Solgaleo back before Sun and Moon were announced? Because I remember that being a thing.

How were we able to discover the trademarks for Lunala and Solgaleo back before Sun and Moon were announced? Because I remember that being a thing.

No, no, that was way after the official announcement.
Solgaleo, Lunala and Marshadow trademarks were spotted, leading people to believe Marshadow was the third legendary, instead of Necrozma.

No, no, that was way after the official announcement.
Solgaleo, Lunala and Marshadow trademarks were spotted, leading people to believe Marshadow was the third legendary, instead of Necrozma.
Oh yeah you’re right now I remember. The logos were revealed, we just didn’t know the legendaries yet. I’m just trying to figure out how and who found the trademarks in the first place.

Imagine the reaction if Switch 2018 turns out to be neither Kanto revisit or Gen 8 but a second return to the Hoenn region!

Personally I would love that, but I doubt it will happen ...

Lots of popcorn! Enough to feed a thousand wailmers! And a pregnant Groudon (it is probably female considering Gaia)

Also .. if the leaker is right, it's not clear whether he meant the "titles" or the pokemon names...
because if he meant the names, it wouldn't be that difficult to spot them in the trademark bots archives.

Last edited:
People always wanted to play mainline pokemon on big tv, myself included, so that‘s also a reason why fandom goes crazy about Pokemon on Switch, but the funny thing here is most will probably still play it in handheld mode, especially if graphics are similiar to sun/moon as it would look better in handheld mode like f. ex. the octopath traveler, which looked much better in handheld mode i found as i tested the demo.
Maybe make the next poll asking, how people will play Pokemon Switch the most time.

VnFEDZh
It finally happened!
Our first new Pokemon of the new gen!
Dct5S0lX4AA5W1H.jpg
This is what we're expecting?...

View: https://imgur.com/a/VnFEDZh

Just had a thought, it would be so cool if they had offline co-op in the switch game. Granted this probably won't happen, but I mean lets say you get an npc friend like hau (or misty brock for an anime example) traveling with you, they get their own team if you don't have someone to play with you, if you do you give them the other joy con and they can pick their pokemon. only thing is every battle would be a double battle(if you have a friend playing as this npc it would be a single battle if they're just an AI controlled character) ), they would have to make it so wild double battles can have either pokemon be caught without knocking one out though.

Not to bring a rain cloud here, but Wally World Canada really screwed the pooch on the E3 lineup... And (not that this is definite NO) PKMN Switch is nowhere to be found....

At the VERY least, we are NOT getting a Switch title til after Metroid 4 and Smash release.

Attachments

• DcwssbcVwAAwyy4.jpeg
    DcwssbcVwAAwyy4.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 122
Not to bring a rain cloud here, but Wally World Canada really screwed the pooch on the E3 lineup... And (not that this is definite NO) PKMN Switch is nowhere to be found....

At the VERY least, we are NOT getting a Switch title til after Metroid 4 and Smash release.
hmmm... This list seems quite underwhelming, it certainly possible that a lot games were missed.
I'm surprised FIFA 19 and other big games aren't on the list. I call bs

Last edited:
People always wanted to play mainline pokemon on big tv, myself included, so that‘s also a reason why fandom goes crazy about Pokemon on Switch, but the funny thing here is most will probably still play it in handheld mode, especially if graphics are similiar to sun/moon as it would look better in handheld mode like f. ex. the octopath traveler, which looked much better in handheld mode i found as i tested the demo.
Maybe make the next poll asking, how people will play Pokemon Switch the most time.

Tv all the way for me. I prefer stuff on the big screen :)

Is that list supposed to indicate 2018 releases? I highly doubt Last of Us 2 gets released this year

Alright, think what you want, but the list is real. I'll say it again, we won't get a PKMN title release until Metroid and Smash are on the shelves. The listing probably is incomplete (Madden stands out, and I'm praying for Bethesda's StarField), but the fact that Metroid 4 AND Smash are on there does not bode well for Pokemon, no matter what the Kool-Aid is saying. Do we truly think we will get 3 MAJOR titles all releasing on the back half of '18??

Alright, think what you want, but the list is real. I'll say it again, we won't get a PKMN title release until Metroid and Smash are on the shelves. The listing probably is incomplete (Madden stands out, and I'm praying for Bethesda's StarField), but the fact that Metroid 4 AND Smash are on there does not bode well for Pokemon, no matter what the Kool-Aid is saying. Do we truly think we will get 3 MAJOR titles all releasing on the back half of '18??
The question is: Do they really want to sell 20 milions switch? Yes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom