• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we truly think we will get 3 MAJOR titles all releasing on the back half of '18??

Yes? This first part of the year has been pretty dull and uneventful for Switch, and the only major one is just Smash. Fire Emblem is not really a system seller.
Either way, Metroid Prime 4 was scheduled "2019" twice in the investors meeting so why whould it change now. I'm not saying Pokémon will come this year, but it will definitely come out before Metroid.

Hey, believe me, I desperately want a Pokemon Switch title NOW. Been a favorite series of mine since Blue. However, the tea leaves are not reading in our favor right now. I am EXTREMELY confident Metroid will be the other big focus at E3 for Nintendo, and it will release before PKMN. Our community is known for getting legit leaks ahead of time. If a Switch game was on the coming horizen, we would have a lot more to work with by now, in my opinion. I am just trying to thoughtfully marinate on the information in front of me, and, unfortunately, 2019 looks like the release we all need to brace for.

This is a different Nintendo we are talking about, the fact that they allowed more mature 3rd party games to be on the system is a clear indication of this. So I can definitely see Pokemon releasing in the same year as Smash and Fire Emblem.

Hey, believe me, I desperately want a Pokemon Switch title NOW. Been a favorite series of mine since Blue. However, the tea leaves are not reading in our favor right now. I am EXTREMELY confident Metroid will be the other big focus at E3 for Nintendo, and it will release before PKMN. Our community is known for getting legit leaks ahead of time. If a Switch game was on the coming horizen, we would have a lot more to work with by now, in my opinion. I am just trying to thoughtfully marinate on the information in front of me, and, unfortunately, 2019 looks like the release we all need to brace for.
Fire emblem is not even there, this clearly means that not everything is on that list. I really cannot understand this statement...
Btw, there are just 4 switch titles on that list...do you really think that is all Nintendo has to offer?

Fire emblem is not even there, this clearly means that not everything is on that list. I really cannot understand this statement...
Btw, there are just 4 switch titles on that list...do you really think that is all Nintendo has to offer?
Lolol all the games in the leak are unannounced. Fire Emblem has been.

It's incomplete,only info we can get from it is some new games(even then there seem to be some mistakes).
How can you be delusional enough to think Yoshi and Fire Emblem are not at E3 and coming out after MP4?They're confirmed 2018 releases while MP4 is not coming this year at least.
You think they will make no new announcements this E3 and just show Smash and Metroid and that's it?
There are tons of games missing from the list that are coming 2018/2019 and guaranteed to be at E3.Spider-Man,Cyberpunk,Octopath,etc.
It literally doesn't tell us anything.(aside from a few new games not related to Pokemon Switch,and even then there are some mistakes...)

We’re going to find out about the release date soon enough anyway. If nothing is announced before or at e3 then we can say with certainty that’s it’s not coming this year.

We’re going to find out about the release date soon enough anyway. If nothing is announced before or at e3 then we can say with certainty that’s it’s not coming this year.
That would be weird. According to what Ishiara said last year, from June 14th the games may be even released...if we don't even get an announcement after "more than a year" then I don't understand why they didn't simply announce them for 2019 or later.
There are not even spin offs this year...what will their marketing campaign focus on after the movie?

Is that list for E3 or a placeholder thing for stores ?

Seems incomplete since it doesn’t mention fire emblem and yoshi and the other games like octopath for this year which Nintendo hyped up big last time.

I want a Hoenn sequel more than Kanto TBH

Wally as gym leader please!

Alright, think what you want, but the list is real. I'll say it again, we won't get a PKMN title release until Metroid and Smash are on the shelves. The listing probably is incomplete (Madden stands out, and I'm praying for Bethesda's StarField), but the fact that Metroid 4 AND Smash are on there does not bode well for Pokemon, no matter what the Kool-Aid is saying. Do we truly think we will get 3 MAJOR titles all releasing on the back half of '18??

since when was Metroid an expected 2018 release? If anything it's releasing after smash & pokemon

It's very likely we could get info/trailers for multiple huge nintendo games at e3 given they plan on only showing 2018 launches and we know next to nothing about their lineup for the rest of the year. That + the fact that they have such a high software sales forecast for this fiscal year implies that we're going to be getting a lot of heavy hitters pretty close to each other

there's no way pokemon switch releases later than March 2019 and if it is a 2019 release we're still going to hear about it soon

Big games usually come out at the back end of the year, anyway. Obviously not all of them, but more come out in that period than in the rest of the year.

Nintendo have said that they’re only showing 2018 games at E3 this year, too. Since Prime is a TBA there’s a good chance it might not even be there at all.

The release date is 2018 or later, there’s no point in arguing about it.

As everyone said there's NO way this list is complete no Fire Emblem, Yoshi or Octopath Traveler which are definitely coming this year and gonna be talked about at E3 and Metroid Prime 4 will likely not show since 1 its TBA and its been confirmed the focus at E3 is 2018 games and games beyond will get info at a later date. PLEASE don't use some placeholder list and say "its legit" since again there's obviously a bunch of obvious things missing from it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom