• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would an apocalyptic Kanto work anyway? Like Mewtwo went on crazy rampages or something?

Piuk is back, and he’s implying the region is basically a post-apocalypse Kanto.

He’s not even trying to sound real anymore, considering he originally hinted at a new region.

I think all his rumors in the OP should be put in the fake category.
Yeah not believing this one at all lol

So I know I have been on team "Early 2019" but I am thinking it is still possible for a Fall/Winter 2018 release... I'll tell you why: the last week or so, Disney/Lucasfilm announced the newest animated series in the Star Wars animated series as Star Wars Resistance that will premier this fall. Star Wars Rebels just ended in March, and everyone in the Star Wars fan community assumed it'd be Summer 2019 (in a lead up to Episode IX) at the earliest we'd get the newest animated series. Now we know that they've been working on this new show all along and we're getting it soon after the last series ended...

Which means these major media companies like Nintendo/Game Freak/Disney/Lucasfilm are all operating on their own time frame... if we can end and start two SW series in the same year, as well as the movie this May, we could get a new Pokemon game announced mere months before release. It is possible. But we will see.

Apocalyptic Kanto isn't gonna work hunderds of years into the future.

I mean, how are they gonna pull that off, since everyone iconic has died, which will not make it feel as Kanto, which is a problem if they want too feed the Nostalgica factor towards older fans and bring them back into the franchise. Its also not gonna work anime-wise. This rumor is fake.

TBH if this is foreshadowing/an Easter egg, a complete Reboot would make sense.

After hundreds of years, it would make sense that some species of Pokemon might not be around anymore. Who knows.
I hope they still stay around, or have new forms due to the time change.
Or that there's some way to revive old Pokemon.

A reminder that Piuk explicitly said that the "region is definitely not Kanto" a few months ago, and he also hinted at a return to Alola/Unova of all things. It seems to me that he's just implying that a submerged Pallet Town ended up next to Meania. Compare that to NintenDann saying that the games are closer to remakes than a new generation (with the Chinese Riddler supporting him).

That USUM line about "hundreds of years" from now might have given Piuk the distant future idea, which isn't that hard to think of anyway.

Piuk is fake imho. He simply posts things that are popular. Last time he did with the ground and flying eevee (because everyone were talking about them)... now everyone are talking about kanto and here he is. He never talked about kanto, but now he changed his mind. FAKE NEWS! xD

Fake or not, I really like that idea. Weren't a lot of the rumors hinting at "tradition vs new" or something like that?

If this game takes place in the distant future, maybe part of the game will see us traveling back in time to Kanto pre-event. Pokemon hasn't really done time travel mechanics before, so it'd be kind of cool to see what they'd do with it.

We’ve had a post apocalyptic city in USUM via the events in the guzzlord ultra space, they could easily extend that to a small region if they really wanted. Given how small kanto is, it’s not entirely improbable. I personally think Piuk is talking shit mind you at this point.

Will be interesting to hear how this goes lol

And how does this relate to Project "Beluga"? I mean, for them to take such a big step in logic, wouldn't it somehow reflect on the codename?

I agree that Black Friday is a prime time for release, but December is still much better than early 2019.
Sure, but I don't think it's common for a game to be delayed by just a month.

KiwiDude said:
And how does this relate to Project "Beluga"?
A Beluga carried a sunken Pallet to Sri Lanka. Duh.

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't even try to release the game before Black Friday. But it's unlikely that the SM series will be wrapped up by December, so the difference isn't very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom