• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Writing yourself into a corner where you can't reuse any NPCs is already a bad idea, but it's especially so right after Gen 7, which featured a character traveling to Kanto for a new journey (Lillie/Gladion), an unexplained NPC (Ryuki), and made a point of bringing back characters as far as 20 years ago. (Red and Blue)

If GF really wanted to do one region with another region under its seas, they could just...make a new region that's underwater? Boom, now that region's been gone hundreds of years and all our characters are still around.

Writing yourself into a corner where you can't reuse any NPCs is already a bad idea, but it's especially so right after Gen 7, which featured a character traveling to Kanto for a new journey (Lillie/Gladion), an unexplained NPC (Ryuki), and made a point of bringing back characters as far as 20 years ago. (Red and Blue)

If GF really wanted to do one region with another region under its seas, they could just...make a new region that's underwater? Boom, now that region's been gone hundreds of years and all our characters are still around.
Yeah. I don't think that GF will do something as drastic as drop the most iconic region in the franchise under the ocean and kill all of its inhabitants.

I'll never take that Piuk guy seriously with his "leaks" the fact that he was going on before about Gen 8 with Sri Lanka and Ground/Flying type Eeveelutions and the airplane with something relating to Unova or Alola. And NOW he's going on with this totally not BotW stuff....and one thing that pisses me off is that you really think they have ALL these beloved characters in the series to this point to be killed off just like that like GONE no more cameo battles or appearances hell no....I'm 100% don't believe this one bit sound like a big pile of BS...

Trime travel could be a thing here, as someone mentioned before i think. Maybe in switch games the protagonist is willingly or unwillingly drawn to a future kanto. But all in all the future thing doesn‘t seem likely to me too, if it was travelling to the past, then it could work like f. ex. to prevent a coming apocalypse on kanto.

Oh wait actually i have an idea, where the future thing could work. Reffering to piuks posted line:“ Hundreds of years ago, this submerged town gave birth to one of the most famous trainers of all times. It’s name was Pallet Town.”
Maybe the future kanto is in danger and Red is known in the future kanto as a legendary trainer, so they need his help. So as he is probably dead in the future, they go get the red from the past. This could work with the anime too, where ash is the legendary trainer to save the future and when mission is done he travels back in time. That way no pokemon or npcs are killed off.

Just thoughts, i don‘t think any of this will happen.

How will that screw over the anime? Ash never ages so he can be the MC even 100 years later.
No but seriously the anime doesnt hold back the games, it's the anime that adapts to the games

How will that screw over the anime? Ash never ages so he can be the MC even 100 years later.
No but seriously the anime doesnt hold back the games, it's the anime that adapts to the games
But, that will create a massive problem for the anime.

Or they could make a new protagonist that isn't Ash.
We all know that's not going to happen for a long time, if ever because of two reasons, Pikachu and primarily MARKETING!
Were it not for that simple reason and Pikachu being the Mascot, I imagine they would've replaced Ash already, probably following a similar method as Yu-Gi-Oh! where they bring in a new Protagonist every series, and needless to say we all know Pokémon could easily have done the same.
But ya know, gotta keep Pikachu around somehow, and Ash is their best way of doing that.

…Well fu-Nothing we can do but wait and see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom