• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hundred years later?

Oh no!

Wally is dead now! And everybody else in that universe!
Mabye its an alternate universe where kanto sinked in the middle of development in around the 1500s, and recently ( <100 years) resurfaced and its nothing like kanto we know. It would even have compleatly different pokemon since The kanto pokemon either went extinct, evacuated, or evolved for equatic life. New pokemon would have erosed

Honestly I can't see CoroCoro leaking the titles or screenshots of Pokémon Switch. The Pokémon Company knows that this will be one of the most important Pokémon games ever so they'll want to release any info themselves before anything substantial gets leaked. Even when the Sun and Moon logos and title trademarks were discovered they made the official announcement the next day. I think they want to be the first ones to directly give information. If this is true, it wouldn't make sense to give all the information to be published in CoroCoro, which has gotten leaked countless of times.

Mabye its an alternate universe where kanto sinked in the middle of development in around the 1500s, and recently ( <100 years) resurfaced
Piuk's post claims it's still sunk in the next games.
and its nothing like kanto we know
So why is there still a town called Pallet Town where a legendary trainer originated from?

Honestly I can't see CoroCoro leaking the titles or screenshots of Pokémon Switch. The Pokémon Company knows that this will be one of the most important Pokémon games ever so they'll want to release any info themselves before anything substantial gets leaked. Even when the Sun and Moon logos and title trademarks were discovered they made the official announcement the next day. I think they want to be the first ones to directly give information. If this is true, it wouldn't make sense to give all the information to be published in CoroCoro, which has gotten leaked countless of times.
It won't be in corocoro, but pokemon imformation usually comes around the corocoro season ( 10th-15th)

Aw god this piuk is a weird guy. He had managed to picture quite a consistent and fascinating plot... But this last bit seems so off -.- i'm gonna Say It in italian... Puzza di sola... Smells like bullshit -.-

But i always thought lavandula and the other ones Who have access to the secret jp riddles had some more piece of evidence in piuk's favour, simply because he's so Easy to dismiss as a fake, it's weird relevant people in the community keep bringing him up. (I'll Say the most inconsistent thing he stated/implied is that more than One NPC throughout the whole game addresses the appearence of the first stage of your starter Pokémon)

Piuk keeps popping up among leAks coming from people with a reputation... or at least with a track record...except he sticks out for not having either. And yet he's still quoted as a plausibile source.
Im sooo confused...

Lavandula, are you aware that you are quite a celebrity here in Italy ? XD when it comes to leaks your opinion is the only one that matters for the italian Pokémon community. The fact you are casually linking piuk to the jp riddler is going to be huge. Ahahhahah

Anyways i'd love to see a slightly dystopian Pokémon game ... But it sounds so off-brand for gamefreak .

Last edited:
In gen 2 in Kanto, we saw massive changes to cinabar island and it’s inhabitants and that was three years after gen 1 lore wise, so I’m guessing Pallet Town is very possible. Than again they never showed this in the anime to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Anyways i'd love to see a slightly dystopian Pokémon game ... But it sounds so off-brand for gamefreak .

Yeh. As much as I also want a dystopian like Pokemon game (Never really thought about before but love the idea), I can't see Gamefreak ever doing it.

I guess the closest thing we might ever get to it is Guzzlords world.

You're just assuming the hypothetical Kanto game is going to be a 1:1 remake with gym leaders.
And before you say "this doesn't pander nostalgia" maybe the idea is not pandering it at all, just going back to Kanto 22 years later for another different adventure.

There's a lot they can do if they go back to Kanto, not the same thing again.
hope so because i hate accept marketing strategy for buy the same thing in different consoles because its profit for franchises

water/psychic type more then the super rare water/ghost?
are people nutts do you want a water/psychic Delphox???
how many water/psychic do we have already?

-Ghost gives 2 immunities and user becomes untraped. The only is Frilsh line...

Imagine a water/ghost physicall oriented starter with Sap Sipper or maybe also with new ability against dark and ghost moves(a thick fat like ability against dark and ghost types, that halved damage from that types moves) it wouldnt steal its niche, freelish got water absorb, cursed body and damp.

-poison, flying and bug give neutral grass damage,
but poison has the least weakness paired with water and is good against fairy and cant get poisoned(corrosion exclueded)
poison is good vs fairy types
Poison could need to be physical and speedy or could be physical tanky and slow, the second would be more likely if great attacks come into play...

-flying immunity to ground but 4x weak to electric(would need to be fast)

- electric gives neutral electric damage and flying resistance...(this one would be fast)

it depends also what ability you want with that typing.
- Fighting it atlest good in ofense if they create or give a good defensive ability then we will have something fine. (faster then Poliwrath or with priority moves to be better)

- pokemon need to get a niche that doesnt steal the niches of existing pokemons with the same type combinations especialy moveset, ability and stats wise

Resonance Bell/Slam/Bar/sword, physical, sound, power 40
the effect could activate later then normally in the same turn similar like Perish song causing the target to faint after 4 turns.
Or power 90 and causing target to be confused.

Resonantic bars exist, Bells when hiting something also make sound.

Would hope for more physical sound moves in gen 8, we have only special ones till now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU-h3GKXnao

Last edited:
I hope if they spoil us something then better show a Physical sound move in gen 8 really should be posibble in future.
Imagine steel type damage dealing move:

Resonance Bell/Slam/Bar/sword, physical, sound, power 40
the effect could activate later then normally in the same turn similar like Perish song causing the target to faint after 4 turns.
Or power 90 and causing target to be confused.

Resonantic bars exist, Bells when hiting something also make sound.

Would hope for more physical sound moves in gen 8, we have only special ones till now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU-h3GKXnao

Well due to the…nature of sound literally being vibrations moving though a medium, typically air, I can't imagine them ever giving us a true Physcial Sound-based move, I can however see them creating something along the lines of an inverted Psyshock, were it calculates the user's Attack and the target's Special Defence when dealing damage, where the user strikes an object like how you've described.

Considering how far we already are with parallel timelines and worlds beyond ours with the Ultra Space it wouldn't be too surprising for GF to give us a new parallel world where Kanto has indeed been submerged for years and have Ash travel to this world in the anime through either the Ultra Wormhole or a Celebi which just happened to be there "for reasons". I mean, the anime had Ash go back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier arc, despite the Battle Frontier taking place on an island in the Hoenn region in the games and that's without even mentioning how the SM plot went in the anime.

If only people would notice that Piuk is merely alluding to Pallet being sunken under an unrelated region. Even the appeal of a post-apocalyptic Kanto wouldn't exist; it would be random as hell.

Not to mention that it's incompatible with what NintenDaan (not a new generation, closer to a remake) and the Chinese Riddler said. And those two actually have a reputation unlike Piuk and the Japanese Riddler (who seems to only show up when another "leaker" has claimed something).

And here is what Emily Rogers has to say:

It's based on knowledge. There's a new Pokemon game coming to Switch this year, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a Generation 8 game.

Maybe the Pokemon games releasing on Switch in 2018...aren't the only Pokemon Switch games in development?

Just some food for thought.

She is definitely not infallible, but again, she has a reputation. She deserves more attention than Piuk.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 161
If only people would notice that Piuk is merely alluding to Pallet being sunken under an unrelated region. Even the appeal of a post-apocalyptic Kanto wouldn't exist; it would be random as hell.

Not to mention that it's incompatible with what NintenDaan (not a new generation, closer to a remake) and the Chinese Riddler said. And those two actually have a reputation unlike Piuk and the Japanese Riddler (who seems to only show up when another "leaker" has claimed something).

This right here makes me believe Piuk and the Japanese Riddler are the same.

This right here makes me believe Piuk and the Japanese Riddler are the same.
The Japanese riddler has also supported claims from Tieba. It doesn't really matter who "she" is because she never really adds anything. Quite boring.

Reactions: Zeb
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom