• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a completely inaccurate statement. Nintendo consoles have always seen price reductions and sales. Especially after 2 years, everything goes down. The GameCube did. The Wii and WiiU did. All of the Gameboys and DS's did. So will, the Switch. It's foolish to think otherwise, tbh. Every video game console on every platform goes down in price after a little while. Because the hype for it dies down.

I think the age of the console is a main factor and not so much the hype. Just about anything from a car to a TV will have price reductions as they age. I've noticed though that some online retailers want insanely high prices for an older Pokemon game though, which to me is weird.

I think the age of the console is a main factor and not so much the hype. Just about anything from a car to a TV will have price reductions as they age. I've noticed though that some online retailers want insanely high prices for an older Pokemon game though, which to me is weird.
That's because of demand and availability. New things are priced higher because of the demand, then gradually drop in price as demand wanes, and then skyrocket back up once they're old and no longer being produced because now there aren't enough available to meet demand.

So it really is partially based on the "hype," because hype drives the demand. Once the hype goes down and the demand lessens, prices fall because the consoles left on shelves are taking up space that could be used to sell something else.

Did Corocoro mention Plasma Fists in this issue? I thought I saw it in one of the scans, but if not, maybe that’s the “Super Move” Corocoro is talking about.

If Zeraora is in fact getting a Z move, then personally I’m going to consider the next games as part of Gen 7. Z moves seem to be the Gen 7 gimmick, a la Mega Evolution in Gen 6, it would be odd for a gen 8 game to continue that when it’ll likely get a new mechanic to shove down our throats advertise.

If Zeraora is in fact getting a Z move, then personally I’m going to consider the next games as part of Gen 7. Z moves seem to be the Gen 7 gimmick, a la Mega Evolution in Gen 6, it would be odd for a gen 8 game to continue that when it’ll likely get a new mechanic to shove down our throats advertise.

Going by your logic, if the next games have new Mega Evolutions they're going to be Generation 6...

Masuda, who works for a company that makes games for Nintendo and which the next core series Pokemon game comes out on the Switch eventually, told people to buy a Switch... well I'm shocked - simply shocked! - at this development. :rolleyes:

For anyone who is curious, here's what I think is all of Masuda's tweets related to the Three meet-ups.

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/995203035579101189?s=20

Thank you to everyone who came to Pokemon Ultra Sun Ultramoon's Fan Meeting / Mega TOKYO! ! I was happy to see you all! ! Thanks! ! (^ ^) / ~ ~ ~ Thank you! The figure!

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/995204013548232706?s=20

Commemorative photo before fan lotion / mega tokyo drawing! No.1!

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/995204344105463808?s=20

It is a memorial photograph before the lottery of Fan Meeting · Mega TOKYO! No.2!

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/995204782917734400?s=20

And! Commemorative photo with everyone who came to Fan Meeting · mega Tokyo! ! Thank you! !

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/995508914518032385?s=20

Memorial photographs before the lottery of Fan Meeting · Osaka! Part 1!
増田順一@GAME FREAK inc. on Twitter
Memorial photographs before the lottery of Fan Meeting · Osaka! Part 2!
And! Commemorative photo with everyone who came to Fun meeting / osaka for the first time! ! Thank you! !
Commemorative photo with everyone who came to Fan Meeting · osaka for the second time! ! Thank you! !

Now with those out of the way, what comes next and when it comes, is anyone's guess.

And watch GF and Nintendo troll us all and finally release a port of Sun and Moon on the Switch. Not USUM.. Sun and Moon (being a joker here). We already know a game is in development for the Switch, why not release some subtle teasers?

Here's the big bads of M21 apparently
DdC_fN6VwAAMaiN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom