• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gen 7 was the most unorganized gen borderline worst gen of all

Just bring back gyms next gen and I would be happy... They could have bring back gyms on USUM but no they didn't

Wouldn't it be a riot if they make the pokemon switch ALOLA based with gyms LOL!!!

But seriously Ohmori tried to make something different with trials but fails with the execution hopefully they make aa gym comeback with a different twists

I don't like that gyms were removed, and that the amount of new pokemon getting introduced is getting smaller, but I personally think gen 7 has been really fun. I do hope gamefreak lessens the handholding next time around though.

I hope we don't need to wait till e3 for the reveal, but thinking about it, that's only 4-5 weeks away which isn't long. Assuming that's the latest they can reveal for a 2018 release, we have exciting times ahead

I think that playing usum made people bored about gen 7...it's basically like playing the same game for two years in a row. The last time this happened was 10 years ago (even if Platinum was actually a good 3rd version) so a lot of people are not used to it anymore.

I thought trials were a mixed bag.

The totem pokemon(at least in usum) were great, most were a good challenge.

The actual “trials” though were pretty bland, and they all essentially boil down to “beat 2-3 wild pokemon before the totem pokemon”. Mina’s trial is the only one actually interesting.

If they do bring them back i hope they keep the totems, but actually make fun puzzles.

I think Trials were a good idea... not so good execution. Could have used better puzzles. And maybe not outright replacing gyms... what would be great is an integrated gameplay that lets you choose how you journey, such as being able to do gyms, contests, or trials, without being forced to do any one of them in particular. You could decide to be a trainer, a coordinator or... trial-goer... whatever. Or all three, if you like. Make the first gym/trial/contest mandatory as part of the tutorial and then you decide from there which you'd rather hit up to continue your journey.

You know these tiny riddles in some gyms, they should just expand on that and so trials could become the challenge to reach the gym leader, that would be an awesome combination in my opinion and then as someone mentioned the gym leader uses as his last pokemon a totem pokemon, leading to a perfect and challenging battle climax.

The ubi guy tweeted earlier: Next week's going to be awesome ! Started with RAGE 2 announcement tomorrow !

Maybe an indication of pokemon direct, as the week goes on awesome on tuesday with a direct, i really do hope so, fingers crossed :)

I didn't hate gen 7, but there was a lot that wasn't taken to it's fullest extent, although that'd be insane, there's no way they could've done all of that on the 3DS, it was past the breaking point as it was. I feel it's important for them to continue to explore new ways to do the bosses of the game, or the areas that lead up to them. I truly wish there could be something more interesting than trying to be the best, but apparently, I'm not allowed to say that. I also believe the way they keep teasing the matter that they can put pokemon in the overworld and even have them interactable is an insult to my intelligence now. I KNOW you can do it. Why won't you? The most irritating part about is I also know that BOTH of these things CAN be done on the Switch. Am I supposed to just take it up the ass because I'm here? Maybe I can't expect these things, but I still think that's a massive problem.

I thought trials were a mixed bag.

The totem pokemon(at least in usum) were great, most were a good challenge.

The actual “trials” though were pretty bland, and they all essentially boil down to “beat 2-3 wild pokemon before the totem pokemon”. Mina’s trial is the only one actually interesting.

If they do bring them back i hope they keep the totems, but actually make fun puzzles.

Yeah the Totem Marowak with the Salazzle ally gave me a hard time in Ultra Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom