• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as there are "Both" and "Neither" options for everyone.

Hardcore Neither right here- I'm still mad at Pokemon Yellow.
That and with no info on games that are not even confirmed i think a lot of people couldnt pick one just yet.

Here's some Pokémon merch from last week.

Attachments

• d04c0f270322aad2dc63d148444c6fe64a992951.jpg
    d04c0f270322aad2dc63d148444c6fe64a992951.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 85
Again, need I mention the fact that at the end of the day, Pokemon is an RPG? Pokemon GO is simply not fit to be the RPG like the main series games.

Sadly, we have seen Nintendo ruin RPG franchises before... Paper Mario.

Anyway, I don't know exactly what is going on here, but I'm not happy with what I'm seeing. Games that are set in Kanto and pander even more to Generation I? Games that use aspects of Pokemon GO (a simplified mobile game that should be left on mobile)? Please tell me this is not true.

There was a time where I would have thought seeing Kanto reimagined would have been neat, but GameFreak and TPC have gone too far with pandering to Generation I as of late and they really need to cool it.

Anyway, I don't know exactly what is going on here, but I'm not happy with what I'm seeing. Games that are set in Kanto and pander even more to Generation I? Games that use aspects of Pokemon GO (a simplified mobile game that should be left on mobile)? Please tell me this is not true.

There was a time where I would have thought seeing Kanto reimagined would have been neat, but GameFreak and TPC have gone too far with pandering to Generation I as of late and they really need to cool it.
This can be fake. I hope that it is.

Of course game will be using all aspects of Pokemon Go and title will be "Pokemon Go on Switch".

I completely agree, they are trying to cater to the wrong crowds.

I think you're reading too much into it. In Japanese it says: "ジョウトへLet's GO" or "Jouto he Let's GO", not "Let's GO! to Johto", although that's the literal translation.

I was moreso just pointing out the “Lets GO” branding. Imo given the games potential titles I don’t think it’s a coincidence, although yeah, reading into it to assume Johto in the games might be a bit much

I completely agree, they are trying to cater to the wrong crowds.

I mean, they're catering to the crowds that they think will make them the most money. They're still a business at the end of the day lol. While I'd like them to not pander to Generation 1 so much, this would at least be done in a way that's different.

I was moreso just pointing out the “Lets GO” branding. Imo given the games potential titles I don’t think it’s a coincidence, although yeah, reading into it to assume Johto in the games might be a bit much
I agree. The people at The Pokémon Company would have to be the ultimate trolls if they were giving us information that big using... a set of erasers.

I think visible wild pokemon + motion controls/touch screen swipe to throw pokemon balls is going to be the Go influence (if the rumor is true). I imagine you'll still get to battle wild pokemon in the same way.

Hopefully it can just be still pressing a button to throw, maybe like a mix of Safari Zone and GO? :) :)

I have mixed thoughts on this but hear me out:

So you know how there were the walking and running animations and it was kind of obvious that the 3DS couldn't handle them so all assumed they were future proofing for the switch game...

What if that Pokemon GO met location found in Sun and Moon/USUM was for this 'Let's GO: Pikachu/Eevee' this whole time? That they were just future proofing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom