• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, they're catering to the crowds that they think will make them the most money. They're still a business at the end of the day lol. While I'd like them to not pander to Generation 1 so much, this would at least be done in a way that's different.
Catering to crowds who are very unlikely to stay loyal to the series after one game is not a good business move.

Besides... hasn't the Pokemon GO crowd already kind of moved on? I've seen maybe one person playing it this year. Everyone else I know has moved on.

There’s still a pretty dedicated fan base and it’s consistently in the top 20 grossing apps.

Is the game not as massively popular as it was at launch? Sure. But it’s still a money making machine.

Isn't everyone reading too much into that Masuda tweet?
Especially pointing out the Luigi Pikachu as meaning anything.

pokecen_lifesize_eevee_photo_1.jpg
It has literally always been there. And the plethora of eevee and pikachu plush isn't new either.

I think Joe wants it to be real because he has been on Team NotGen8 for awhile. I mean, could be real, but him tweeting it could be bias too.

I just realized this, but there's no way they actually implement the Pokémon GO catching mechanic alone into the main series games. If that was the case, you would always have to use the Joycons to catch Pokémon, which means that you wouldn't be able to catch any Pokémon if you didn't have a surface to set down the Switch on and take out the Joycons. This is so inconvinient, no one would program it like that. Even if they add the option of using the Joycons, GF wouldn't remove the option of simply using the buttons like normal.
That‘s why it would be optional, the touchscreen catching would work only in handheld mode fore example. Even go players wouldn‘t expect to catch pokemon with a touchscreen if they are looking at the tv, but while playing in handheld mode why shouldn‘t there be an optional way to catch pokemon, for go players this would feel familiar while playing in handheld mode, not meaning they will get rid of battle mode here, just referring to the way how you catch a pokemon. All of this go catching mechanics, if ever to be true, of course would be optional, why are people so scared, that they will turn in it completely into pokemon go, they still know their core base and wouldn‘t make drastic or temporary changes, just adding optional things to attract new/go players.

I can also imagine it being like this, when you start the game, the game asking you if you are first time player/go player or letting you choose at the beginning how you want to catch and letting you the option to always switch between them like you want after starting the game.

Isn't everyone reading too much into that Masuda tweet?
Especially pointing out the Luigi Pikachu as meaning anything.

pokecen_lifesize_eevee_photo_1.jpg
It has literally always been there. And the plethora of eevee and pikachu plush isn't new either.

I think Joe wants it to be real because he has been on Team NotGen8 for awhile. I mean, could be real, but him tweeting it could be bias too.
Dude,give it up.:/

The Masuda tweet is notable because he specifically gathered those three plushes.

Most likely, Joe has known that it's real ever since he changed his mind about a 2019 release date. He doesn't have anything to gain by posting an iffy rumor less than a month before the reveal.

The "Let's go to Johto" doesn't fall under movie merchandise on Pokeshopper.com. Besides, why not set the movie in Kanto if that is the only region in the upcoming games?

tbh I feel like gamefreak could get away with changing the way you capture Pokémon. I prefer the current style of course but switching from just pressing a button to using the touch screen doesn’t really make a huge impact on the games
This plain just wouldn't work with the switch, if it's in home console mode you can't touch the screen and if it's in portable mode you are likely holding the joy cons (attached or unattached to the switch) so you'd have to put it down to catch a Mon? That sounds very inconvenient even using the joy con to catch Pokemon wouldn't work because of the pro controller players and people who play with the joy cons attached to the switch. I rarely remove the joy cons from the switch when I play it portable unless I'm playing with a friend. Others likely do the same altough everyone had their own play style which is the point of the switch in the first place!

I remember an old post by Pixelpar who's now confirmed legit that said some obvious details of Pokemon Switch,anyone can find it?

Damn, So I ended up being right when I predicted it haha. Even if we choose Pikachu or Eevee as our starters I still think we will be able to get the Kanto Starters in the game as well. Who knows? Maybe we will be able to capture starters in the wild now!

If evee really is a starter, then i think they will change its evolution mechanics and make it stone based, remember there is already a icestone since gen 7, so they would probably just add new stones to match the typings which don‘t have one. Pikachu and Evee would both then have stone based evolutions, also kinda fitting, but of course this would put evee in a much more favorable place thank pikachu, wondering if they would eventually add a gorochu or other optional evolution for pikachu to balance it a little bit at least

Damn, So I ended up being right when I predicted it haha. Even if we choose Pikachu or Eevee as our starters I still think we will be able to get the Kanto Starters in the game as well. Who knows? Maybe we will be able to capture starters in the wild now!
I hope that this leak is fake. Making the game more like GO doesn't make any sense. Mobile phone players aren't likely to buy a 300 dollar console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom