• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this pokemon go focus is just the gimmick of the game. I seriously dislike pokemon GO in every aspect, a game for normies

How is it a money making machine, exactly? Most of the gameplay is free, and I don't recall any ads appearing on it. Popular, yes, but popular doesn't make money materialize from nowhere.

The micro transactions of buying lucky eggs, incubators, lures, pokeballs and whatever else they sell now. I personally don’t play much of Go but there are a lot people who do sink money into the game still.

People getting scared it will be a pokemon go clone, if that were the case, they wouldn‘t have announced it as a core RPG Pokemon game. All that would potentially come from go would be tiny things and most of these would be optional, nothing to be scared of.
But the thing is when you include that in the titles, you expect a heavy influence from that game. Why put GO in the title, if it wasn't a large part of the game?

I hope if the starter versions of Pikachu or Eevee can't evolve they get some special treatment to compensate the lack of evolution to make them viable during a playthrough.

Just have it be the player's choice. The choice to evolve or not will be significantly better.
Eevee and Pikachu have Z-Moves of their own (and Pikachu has a light ball).

People getting scared it will be a pokemon go clone, if that were the case, they wouldn‘t have announced it as a core RPG Pokemon game. All that would potentially come from go would be tiny things and most of these would be optional, nothing to be scared of.
I keep seeing people claim that it would be optional, but we haven't had basic things like the catching pokemon tutorial be optional in... ever. In fact, aside from certain mechanics like contests, mega evolution and z-moves, how much about the basic gameplay has actually been made an optional feature? I don't think we can guarantee that it would be optional.

And i think it is pointless to calculate or think about how many GO players gonna buy the games. The new feature ( if its true ; i believe that way ) is a fresh thing in a main series games. and i think it is really good to have it. interactive and funny. thats it.

I keep seeing people claim that it would be optional, but we haven't had basic things like the catching pokemon tutorial be optional in... ever. In fact, aside from certain mechanics like contests, mega evolution and z-moves, how much about the basic gameplay has actually been made an optional feature?
even then we've been forced to do each atleast once (not sure about contests in oras, since each time I play through I go do the contest, and rs and Emerald I now its optional)

Jon's tweets were from yesterday,before the names leaks surfaced.
And you don't think the source that talked to Pixelpar could have talked to him as well?
C'mon,when dozens of reliable people say the same thing at more or less the same time it means something.
I must be really bad at counting, because I'm only seeing four people so far.
  • Jon, who I have not heard of until these leaks (not to say that he's unreliable or out of the blue, of course, but it's hard to gauge his credibility when I'm only hearing a few of his claims)
  • Pixelpar-who has a reputation, but who was also unable to identify a photoshopped eeveelution as fake.
  • Emily, whose reputation (gathering from this thread) is credible, but has still had some misses
  • And Serebii, who still marks the rumor as unconfirmed

Same way most phone games are, actually... micro-transactions. They fool you with their low cost so you don't think much of it, but forking out $1-5 for 20-100 pokeballs every so often adds up pretty quickly
Is that the main way of getting Pokeballs now? I thought stops were the go-to method?

I'm gonna wait until we get a trailer before anything else, I'm rather wary of believing in Go Integration and all... but let's wait and see before making judgements.

But the thing is when you include that in the titles, you expect a heavy influence from that game. Why put GO in the title, if it wasn't a large part of the game?
i think it is just for the game title. Sounds familiar to everyone. And don't forget the word "Go" is just a word. Let's Move Pikachu doesn't sound well so they use the word "Go".

Last edited:
I keep seeing people claim that it would be optional, but we haven't had basic things like the catching pokemon tutorial be optional in... ever. In fact, aside from certain mechanics like contests, mega evolution and z-moves, how much about the basic gameplay has actually been made an optional feature? I don't think we can guarantee that it would be optional.

But if it wouldn‘t be optional, that would mean no battles and i mean come on, which rpg has no battles, so they certainly have to be optional. To the go part in the title, either it is like a phrase to the pokemon, like lets go pikachu/evee on our adventure or it is there to attract go players, but that doesn‘t mean it will become a go clone, and it will never be just catch the pokemon like in go, because that would mean no battles and it wouldn‘t be an RPG anymore, that‘s why actually people shouldn‘t be scared of it and it just seems most logical, that it will be optional, if it‘s ever implemented. A Core RPG Pokemon game awaits us at switch, not a casual Pokemon game.

Is that the main way of getting Pokeballs now? I thought stops were the go-to method?
I think it's an easy way to fall for, since pokestops require you to go out and find a pokestop, and have time to spin it every five minutes just to get a couple balls. It's either do that or drop $1 and get 20 balls instantly.

I am a bit curious since "we" and the rival are the new characters with Red and Blue being sidelines does that mean that Blue's taken over for his grandfather as the Pokemon Professor or would he be an assistant? And how much as Kanto changed (assuming we ARE even in Kanto) during the past 10 years.

The localized titles could be different, just as "Special Pikachu Edition" was changed to "Yellow".

Velvet said:
And how much as Kanto changed (assuming we ARE even in Kanto) during the past 10 years.
It's Kanto and we'll have to wait and see. I doubt that Blue is the professor now since he certainly wasn't in SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom