• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
" PokemonX and PokemonY i hate these games because their titles reminds me an equation and i hate maths" thats the same situation going on right now
That was different because those were new titles, if a pokemon game was coming out next year named pokemon super X and super Y I'd be expecting kalos or some kind of x and y related features like mega evolution. Thats my point with GO being in the title, by putting it in the title (a game we already know exists) we assume some big connection to GO and the rumor says go is involved, even down to how we catch pokemon.

The localized titles could be different, just as "Special Pikachu Edition" was changed to "Yellow".

It's Kanto and we'll have to wait and see. I doubt that Blue is the professor now since he certainly wasn't in SM.

Maybe Blue will be like Bianca; not actually the Professor but still being the one that gives out the Pokemon seeing that Oak is probably pushing like what? 70 or so by now?

" PokemonX and PokemonY i hate these games because their titles reminds me an equation and i hate maths" thats the same situation going on right now

Be fair, now. That comparison doesn't work at all. "X" and "Y" were new in context of the Pokemon franchise. The title "Go" is not. Not only is it not new to these titles, but it is a part of a recent mobile game's title that is said to be linked to the these games by the leakers. Fear of Pokemon GO influences have a substantial foundation.

Just because my mind likes to go there- what if this game ends with a cataclysmic event (as most Pokemon games do) that sends Kanto into the ocean? I mean, I know piuk is probably full of it, but having this game essentially be a prequel to Gen 8 would be amazing.

Now that I thinks about it,it looks similar to the Project Eevee logo.See the tail placement and letters.

Attachments

• 1526398142807.png
    1526398142807.png
    27 KB · Views: 88
  • 1526380345956.jpg
    1526380345956.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 81
Maybe Blue will be like Bianca; not actually the Professor but still being the one that gives out the Pokemon seeing that Oak is probably pushing like what? 70 or so by now?
Maybe, but running errands doesn't sound something like he would do. Bianca's role in B2W2 was rather pointless since Juniper would have been fine by herself.

Spinjira said:
I wonder if they’ll keep the changes from G&S. Like how cinnabar is basically nothing but a volcano now.
If these games follow SM, then Cinnabar should have been reconstructed by now.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
btw were did this logo pop up from? How are we so certain its true and not a fan made logo? Its looks like it was hand drawn to.
It showed up on Resetera I believe, but it corresponds to Pixepar's hints from a month ago. If you think that Emily Roger and Pixelpar are conspiring with Joe, then okay.

TheRealMattHunt said:
what if this game ends with a cataclysmic event (as most Pokemon games do) that sends Kanto into the ocean?
And the point of that would be? Pokemon stories are about saving the day rather than leaving things grim dark.

Maybe, but running errands doesn't something like he would do. Bianca's role in B2W2 was rather pointless since Juniper would have been fine by herself.

If these games follow SM, then Cinnabar should have been reconstructed by now.

It showed up on Resetera I believe, but it corresponds to Pixepar's hints from a month ago. If you think that Emily Roger and Pixelpar are conspiring with Joe, then okay.

And the point of that would be? Pokemon stories are about saving the day rather than leaving things grim dark.

But who posted it on there? This isn't like the leaked sun and moon logos which looked digital, this looks hand drawn like anyone could have made it to be funny.
Now that I thinks about it,it looks similar to the Project Eevee logo.See the tail placement and letters.
Good point
THE REAL QUESTION IS WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO THE BULBASAUR, CHARMENDER, SQUIRTLE ?
Where ever they were obtained in yellow.

Btw i hate that ever since Ohmori take the wheel from Masuda, he begun to change a lot of things some for the better but most are just weird and arguably worse.

They could have picked a better name rather than let's go (pokemon) it really screams "THIS IS A KID'S GAME!"

A kanto revisit is much welcome but hopefully they make it worth the first game for switch. A make or break for the series I guess?

Also I think we might see some more UBs and another mythical this time since they need another mythical for next years movie unless they use a gen 8 mythical for that promotion. I think the last movie without a new mythical is the lucario one. So hoping for a DLC with new areas and new mythical

Be fair, now. That comparison doesn't work at all. "X" and "Y" were new in context of the Pokemon franchise. The title "Go" is not. Not only is it not new to these titles, but it is a part of a recent mobile game's title that is said to be linked to the these games by the leakers. Fear of Pokemon GO influences have a substantial foundation.
That was different because those were new titles, if a pokemon game was coming out next year named pokemon super X and super Y I'd be expecting kalos or some kind of x and y related features like mega evolution. Thats my point with GO being in the title, by putting it in the title (a game we already know exists) we assume some big connection to GO and the rumor says go is involved, even down to how we catch pokemon.
i'm gonna say again. "Go" is just a word. And title sounds familiar to everyone thanks to GO. And i can't get the bad side having influence from GO. Catching system could be like this: you weaken a pokemon and if youre playing on handled mode you use your finger on touch screen to catch it and if youre playing on tv just use joycon. thats basic and easy. nothing complicated and to worry about. They are not gonna make it like a phone app and want SO MUCH money.

There is a new system on a main series game. Thats simple. I can understand why everyone is so frustrated

Not saying it needs to be grimdark, or that you wouldn't save the day, it would just add a little bit more weight to the story going forward. It'd essentially be similar to ORAS.

The starters will either all be available like in Yellow, or just one at some point early in the story.

But who posted it on there? This isn't like the leaked sun and moon logos which looked digital, this looks hand drawn like anyone could have made it to be funny.
I guess it was Pixelpar himself. If he were trying to be funny, someone in the know would have contradicted him by now.

It'd essentially be similar to ORAS.
But ORAS didn't end in a tragedy.

But ORAS didn't end in a tragedy.

But it featured one; you're walking around in the over world in a natural disaster. I could see them doing something similar to give the game a bit of a different feel, since there's likely not going to be new Pokemon, or at least not many. But just throwing the idea out there; I don't think it would actually happen.

@Unown Seer; The thing is Juniper is young, Oak isn't. Not anymore and maybe Blue has mellowed out over the years since becoming a trainer and decided to lend his grandfather a hand. It sounds like a plausible explanation.

@Unown Seer; The thing is Juniper is young, Oak isn't. Not anymore and maybe Blue has mellowed out over the years since becoming a trainer and decided to lend his grandfather a hand. It sounds like a plausible explanation.

Blue's pretty mellow in Sun/Moon, I could see him taking an advisory role for you and it making sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom