• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw i hate that ever since Ohmori take the wheel from Masuda, he begun to change a lot of things some for the better but most are just weird and arguably worse.

They could have picked a better name rather than let's go (pokemon) it really screams "THIS IS A KID'S GAME!"

A kanto revisit is much welcome but hopefully they make it worth the first game for switch. A make or break for the series I guess?

Also I think we might see some more UBs and another mythical this time since they need another mythical for next years movie unless they use a gen 8 mythical for that promotion. I think the last movie without a new mythical is the lucario one. So hoping for a DLC with new areas and new mythical

It is a kids game :p

we're to old for this game gamefreak don't care about us duh /s

The starters will either all be available like in Yellow, or just one at some point early in the story.

I guess it was Pixelpar himself. If he were trying to be funny, someone in the know would have contradicted him by now.

But ORAS didn't end in a tragedy.

Some act like it did (glitchxcity for example) honestly I loved oras I don't get the hate, no BF sucked but it wasn't a deal breaker :/

I came back as soon as I heard of this Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee thing.

I'm not exactly crazy about what I've heard so far, but I think it's on the right track to lure me in. A Yellow remake? HD visuals? I hate dual versions but if they were to make two separate stories instead of the usual garbage, I'd be all for that.

If it's true, I'm seriously hoping for more things changed around, but I don't dislike the leaks atm.

I like how people are freaking out over catching being like in Go while they were drooling over using the Joycons to throw the ball which is what this probably is...

i think it is just for the game title. Sounds familiar to everyone. And don't forget the word "Go" is just a word. Let's Move Pikachu doesn't sound well so they use the word "Go".

Pokémon Let’s make like a tree and leave, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let’s make like a banana and split, Eevee! Coming soon.

Seriously, over the past few pages 90% of posts have been borderline hysterical. I really don’t think worrying about it basically being a Pokémon Go Switch port is a valid concern. Game Freak understand that fans of the main series and fans of Go are not necessarily one and the same. They will not sacrifice the much larger of the two parties to appeal to the smaller one. Yes, Go was huge to begin with but numbers have dramatically dwindled - such is the nature of smartphone gaming.

Let’s put away the pitch forks until at least, oh I don’t know... confirmation and a trailer?

But it featured one; you're walking around in the over world in a natural disaster. I could see them doing something similar to give the game a bit of a different feel, since there's likely not going to be new Pokemon, or at least not many. But just throwing the idea out there; I don't think it would actually happen.
I thought you were talking about the Delta Episode. Anyway, I don't like the particular submerging idea because it sounds awfully similar to Sapphire and its remake (except that situation was resolved quickly). It would feel random in Kanto.

Velvet said:
It sounds like a plausible explanation.
Sure. But if I had to bet, he and Red will look for Giovanni and investigate other mysteries.

I thought you were talking about the Delta Episode. Anyway, I don't like the particular submerging idea because it sounds awfully similar to Sapphire and its remake (except that situation was resolved quickly). It would feel random in Kanto.

Ah, there was that too lol. I think there has to be something; if not a nature-based thing to overcome, it'll be plot driven.

Pokémon Let’s make like a tree and leave, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let’s make like a banana and split, Eevee! Coming soon.

Seriously, over the past few pages 90% of posts have been borderline hysterical. I really don’t think worrying about it basically being a Pokémon Go Switch port is a valid concern. Game Freak understand that fans of the main series and fans of Go are not necessarily one and the same. They will not sacrifice the much larger of the two parties to appeal to the smaller one. Yes, Go was huge to begin with but numbers have dramatically dwindled - such is the nature of smartphone gaming.

Let’s put away the pitch forks until at least, oh I don’t know... confirmation and a trailer?
Actually I agree with this guy, let's wait to see what its got, we jumped to quickly with our gut reactions.

A kanto revisit is much welcome but hopefully they make it worth the first game for switch. A make or break for the series I guess?

It definitely is at least as close to make or break as possible if not literally that! It will most likely rise to the occasion!

Sure. But if I had to bet, he and Red will look for Giovanni and investigate other mysteries.

Yeah I don't see really that happening, I can't see them continuing the RR thing from USUM; besides they both have their own lives to live as well. But who knows maybe Red will be the one doing that.

If this is going to be a thing for the starters we have to think of if anything would change on those 2 or kept the same, we never had starters with 2 abilities, would eevee have run away plus adaptability? eevee moveset is also very weak and shallow as the game always wanted you to evolve it when you got them, in wich case can we evolve them at will or its locked like yellow was (espeon and umbreon would be a thing to consider/lock to a different evolution method).

Here it would leave pikachu if its evolution locked or eevee if you can evolve him at will to be the best choices, one of the reasons i think its not that simple and we will get different movesets, etc.
for all we know they mentioning a different evolution for raichu so close to the reveal it might play into the game in some way, it doesnt need to be a evolution, could be related to mega, z cristals or whatever new mechanic they might implement, just my thoughts on the matter.

Reguardless the above, im loocking forward to the trailer even if this somewhat diminishes the impact of the trailer, since gf gave us pokemon red/blue/yellow to their console without changes, i wanted it to be a new game with up to the times graphics and pokemons, though id still want them to somewhat keep the wild pokemon gen 1 or incentives to pick gen 1 pokemon over others, something like a safari zone to collect gen2+ pokemons post game or the like (new areas).

I came back as soon as I heard of this Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee thing.

I'm not exactly crazy about what I've heard so far, but I think it's on the right track to lure me in. A Yellow remake? HD visuals? I hate dual versions but if they were to make two separate stories instead of the usual garbage, I'd be all for that.

If it's true, I'm seriously hoping for more things changed around, but I don't dislike the leaks atm.

Sounds like a sequel judging by the 4Chan rumor.

Could be fun!

TBH, I was more excited last night about the Gargoyles Funko Pop reveal than this. That made me scream.

@Unown Seer; Just because GF hinted at it does not necessarily mean that they are going to continue it, look at Cyrus from Platinum; never bothered to go into depth of what happened with him (kinda assuming him dead) or the Original Dragon from BW/B2W2 hinted at but nothing ever came from it. RR seems like it will be added to the pile.

@Unown Seer; Just because GF hinted at it does not necessarily mean that they are going to continue it, look at Cyrus from Platinum; never bothered to go into depth of what happened with him (kinda assuming him dead) or the Original Dragon from BW/B2W2 hinted at but nothing ever came from it. RR seems like it will be added to the pile.

None of the examples you mentioned ended in an explicit cliffhanger, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom