• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyrus: I will break the secrets of the world. With that knowledge, I will create my own complete and perfect world. One day, you will awaken to a world of my creation. A world without spirit.

RR Giovanni: Now...what new world shall I unleash my evil schemes upon...?

It's pretty clear that Cyrus is just hoping for his luck to change in the future, while Giovanni actually teleports to another world. The impact is quite different.

No one in BW or B2W2 said anything about recreating the original dragon.

@PkmnTrainerV; They still count on a level, while they might not have ended on a cliffhanger nothing ever really came from them either.

Go integration =/= clone of GO. Not sure what leads people to believe such a thing, either.

GO is very much not considered a main series game. Pokemon for Switch is a main series game. While they might get aspects from each other, it's pretty obvious they aren't the same thing.

I subscribe to this all my hands and legs.

IMG_6097.PNG

@PkmnTrainerV; They still count on a level, while they might not have ended on a cliffhanger nothing ever really came from them either.
And why would it? We haven't been to either region since Platinum/B2W2. In contrast, these Kanto games are most likely going to be released just a year after USUM.

Mind you, I'd rather not see that Giovanni since he is very stereotypical.

It would be really ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶t̶y̶ interesting if not only are Pikachu and Eevee are locked from evolving but are also locked into your party for "story purposes" and cannot be boxed or traded as a result..

If Eevee is locked too evolve, there is pretty much no point in releasing 2 versions, since nobody will choose the Eevee version because of its piss-poor moveset.

The reason I don't like the concept behind this game is the same reason I didn't like the Stars rumor. Everyone kept asking for the first Switch game to not be the poster child of the console by taking place in an old remastered region rather than a new region built for the hardware. And it's worse in this case because this is a home console. What they should've done is replace USUM with this game on the 3DS and then release Generation VIII as the first Switch game in 2019, but I guess Nintendo didn't allow them to wait until then.

@Unown Seer; Because. They were *still* brought up, the original dragon was talked about and yet we know next to nearly nothing about it. Yes we haven't been to Sinnoh or Unova in a long time, they could cover it in remakes but still they have been left untouched.

I'd rather not continue the RR storyline or with that Giovanni. Honestly, the multiverse/multiple world aspect is not something I personally enjoyed.

So, because merchandise has used the "Lets Go!" slogan previously, that means a rumor that is using that is backed? I don't really get it. Things don't exist in a vacuum, a fake leaker could very much be aware of that merchandise and make them think that this lends credibility to their claims.

Not that I necessarily believe that this leak is fake (as much as I want it to be), I just think some of this reasoning is a bit shaky.

While we are on the subject, I think gen 7 ruined giovanni. He was alot better as corrupt gym leader mob boss out for money vs a ultra meglomaniac multiverse traveler. It also ignored his character development with end of gen 1 and gen 2 disbanding the team and focusing on training again.
I hope we get team mafia, and they just leave the RR plot behind as a crazy "what if" scenario

I feel like that the Pokemon GO thing and the Kanto rumors are two of the rumors that are really stretching since Game Freak could just be looking back to their first Pokemon game.

So, because merchandise has used the "Lets Go!" slogan previously, that means a rumor that is using that is backed? I don't really get it. Things don't exist in a vacuum, a fake leaker could very much be aware of that merchandise and make them think that this lends credibility to their claims.

Not that I necessarily believe that this leak is fake (as much as I want it to be), I just think some of this reasoning is a bit shaky.

Not really so much that, as all of the more-trusted leakers either confirming or using hints with "Let's Go" in them.

Honestly, the walking Pokémon part is what makes this sound unbelievable to me. It sounds like a fan's wishlist.

Well walking and running animations for all the Pokemon were found in the Gen 7 games, so I don't think it's that crazy. I could see them locking it to certain Pokemon (like Pikachu and Eevee) in these games, until they get it fully ironed out in a future game, though.

While we are on the subject, I think gen 7 ruined giovanni. He was alot better as corrupt gym leader mob boss out for money vs a ultra meglomaniac multiverse traveler.

Totally agreed.

@Unown Seer; Because. They were *still* brought up, the original dragon was talked about and yet we know next to nearly nothing about it. Yes we haven't been to Sinnoh or Unova in a long time, they could cover it in remakes but still they have been left untouched.
I'm just saying that there was a concrete reason to leave those things unexplained in those cases. Here it depends on Game Freak figuring out a better idea for the next villain.

I'd rather not continue the RR storyline or with that Giovanni. Honestly, the multiverse/multiple world aspect is not something I personally enjoyed.
Agreed. I'd rather see Madame Boss replace her son, who gave up the way he did in Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom