• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know red/blue/green were having the starters on the cover, but you could still choose the one you wanted in the game. Of course here both are also in the titles, but does that have to mean they will be the only starters. In the moment it looks like that, but who knows.

Dumb idea, but maybe the pokemon covered on the box, depicts the one of your rival or even red/blue get to be your secondary rival?

Because even if we redownload bank onto the switch how would it have our pokemon on it? Its not the same server.

Also we had to trade over all our gen 4 pokemon to gen 5 6 and a time, and go through a painful minigame to transfer them so we're talking 493 pokemon if you had a living dex, and you needed two ds for this.

Does Bank not have an account system? =/ It should be able to connect to the same server regardless of what device you login to... unless there's no login, because I've never used Bank but I would think they'd have a sensible account system for that sort of thing.

I think Kalos was empty and now I want five games focusing on it. And God forbid if someone complain and disagree this is a wonderful idea.

Your tone is very immature and a little aggressive. I literally just said each to their own, I fully understand there is always going to be a difference of opinions on forums. Who mentioned five games? I am simply offering reason as to why going to Kanto might not be the worst thing. And that’s twice now that you’ve assumed something about how I feel about other games. I also wish Kalos got more than it did but that’s nothing to do with the discussion.

You know red/blue/green were having the starters on the cover, but you could still choose the one you wanted in the game. Of course here both are also in the titles, but does that have to mean they will be the only starters. In the moment it looks like that, but who knows.

Dumb idea, but maybe the pokemon covered on the box, depicts the one of your rival or even red/blue get to be your secondary rival?

That's literally exactly what I was wondering. If this is all real and I pick "Let's Go Eevee" does that mean my starter will be Eevee and I can't pick Pikachu at all. Because if that were to be the case it would be really annoying if there were version exclusive things that people wanted in one version, but the stareter they wanted was limited to the other.

Again, I guess this is just a wait and see type of thing.

Someone mentioned earlier that maybe pikachu/eevee are meant to be buddy pokemon that ride on shoulders etc and not actual starters

I agree with this. Tom of eurogamer mentioned that buddy pokemon/following pokemon would be in the switch games and idk I just feel like all the merch with eevee riding the players shoulder + the lapras image lines up with that

Oh you are a troll what a great argument

People who want Kanto every region are famously known by a not so great name in the fanbase that I'm not allowed to mention here that starts with G and ends with N

You are acting exactly like one of them.

Strong spelling.

And I don’t think anyone is asking for Kanto every region.

Lets get real here: Will Kanto even get a proper reimagining in HD and 3D, or is it just going to be more of the 2.5D nonsense we've been dealing with for quite a while?

Sure, it'd be cool if this was really a true full-blown reimagining of Kanto. However, I'll have to see it to believe it. GameFreak is always super conservative. And there is the issue of that awful alleged leaked image (I hope to god it is not related to this leak. Someone please tell me it's not) which just looked like a 2.5D 3DS game and nothing more.

Is that the reimagined Kanto that I'm supposed to look forward to? I don't really find that exciting at all. GameFreak better have gone all-out if they're going to try to sell Kanto to me again.

If it was a little bit lazy to add the word "Ultra" on to Pokémon Sun & Moon and then market those games as third versions, I think GameFreak may have officially hit a new low here.

Because the fan suggestions like Plus and Minus were so inspired.

Your tone is very immature and a little aggressive. I literally just said each to their own, I fully understand there is always going to be a difference of opinions on forums. Who mentioned five games? I am simply offering reason as to why going to Kanto might not be the worst thing. And that’s twice now that you’ve assumed something about how I feel about other games. I also wish Kalos got more than it did but that’s nothing to do with the discussion.
You are right that I was being somewhat rude. This was not addressed to you but other member who was being equally aggressive and trolling.

But I already said my opinion... I disagree , I don't think that not seeing a game in full 3d is enough reason to have it on the first gen 8 release. I don't even think having 3d Kanto was also game freak mindset when they decided to make another Kanto game.

but i respect you and anyone who likes the direction the games are taking, I'll just need to accept this is not my favorite franchise anymore and move on to other games that are more my thing.

At this point I'm not even bothered that it's Kanto... I'm bothered by the implications of the titles. Sun and Moon felt childish to me with the introduction of Rotomdex, and naming the games Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee just sounds like it's running even more in that direction. =/ Pokemon has long been a great game for all ages... I hope they're not progressively dumbing it down.

Also not a fan of any scenario where eevee and pikachu are the starter options. Even worse is if they fill a role like Cosmog (basically useless and only there for plot reasons).

Oh you are a troll what a great argument

People who want Kanto every region are famously known by a not so great name in the fanbase that I'm not allowed to mention here that starts with G and ends with N

You are acting exactly like one of them.

--crop unnessesary things--

TL;DR I wanted Sinnoh remake but you guys just crying like little babies.

EOT, faster you are a troll, not me.

Last edited:
At this point I'm not even bothered that it's Kanto... I'm bothered by the implications of the titles. Sun and Moon felt childish to me with the introduction of Rotomdex, and naming the games Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee just sounds like it's running even more in that direction. =/ Pokemon has long been a great game for all ages... I hope they're not progressively dumbing it down.

Also not a fan of any scenario where eevee and pikachu are the starter options. Even worse is if they fill a role like Cosmog (basically useless and only there for plot reasons).

Those would be the Japanese titles though; the American titles are probably going to be more simplified, or different all together.

I imagine Pikachu and Eevee would act like Pikachu does in Yellow if said rumors are true. They'd have access to mechanics that you normally wouldn't be able to use with them, etc.

I doubt they'd be like Cosmog; he wasn't really even your Pokemon until he evolved.

Supposedly not too many. Apparently the reveal will be next week. Whether or not that's true is up in the air of course.

I'd say next week is likely. Might even be sooner if they're really trying to damage control things.

This thread rn:
giphy.gif

I know the titles don‘t sound very good, but who cares as long the games itself are good. I don‘t know if the titles suggest the game will become even more childfriendly, i doubt it, but we‘ll wait and have to see. Yeah don‘t want a cosmog 2.0, although i think it wouldn‘t bother me if evee or pikachu have a buddy like status like in pokemon go and don‘t take part in battles, just follow you through your adventure and you still have the option to have 6 battle pokemon. But who would end up as starters then, charmander /bulbasaur/squirtle? Maybe we get even new starters or variatons of these.

Those would be the Japanese titles though; the American titles are probably going to be more simplified, or different all together.

Will they, though? I feel like ever since they shifted to a more global focus, they’ve tried to keep things more uniform and more streamlined in general. Like with the Western editions dropping the “Version” gimmick from their titles as of X & Y.

I imagine Pikachu and Eevee would act like Pikachu does in Yellow if said rumors are true. They'd have access to mechanics that you normally wouldn't be able to use with them, etc.

I doubt they'd be like Cosmog; he wasn't really even your Pokemon until he evolved.
Why would they change the English titles? The Japanese titles already have English in them and there's nothing fundamentally wrong with them in English- they're just juvenile.

I know the titles don‘t sound very good, but who cares as long the games itself are good. I don‘t know if the titles suggest the game will become even more childfriendly, i doubt it, but we‘ll wait and have to see. Yeah don‘t want a cosmog 2.0, although i think it wouldn‘t bother me if evee or pikachu have a buddy like status like in pokemon go and don‘t take part in battles, just follow you through your adventure and you still have the option to have 6 battle pokemon. But who would end up as starters then, charmander /bulbasaur/squirtle? Maybe we get even new starters

I would be extremely annoyed if I had to deal with a pikachu or eevee running around, being totally useless, and trying to point stuff out like Rotom or being a focus of cut scenes like Cosmog. And you know, if they're hanging outside of their pokeballs, that they're surely going to be cut scene fodder.

Why would they change the English titles? The Japanese titles already have English in them and there's nothing fundamentally wrong with them in English- they're just juvenile.

They've done so before. Pokemon Yellow being the perfect example. In fact, they might change it into something having to do with the word Yellow. Let's Go Pikachu works for Japan, because Yellow was called "Pikachu" there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom