• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I played GO the first month it was out, got bored, then deleted the app. All these rumours plus that temporary 24hr lock of this thread inspired me to download and play again. Its definitely been improved, but meh

I'm mixed about this new "Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee". There's not much I can really say about it. I can say for sure though that it has certainly peaked my interest. And i will for sure be buying it. I've been very back and forth about the idea of going back to Kanto.

While I would much prefer a new generation, I personally don't mind a Kanto remake or something along those lines, because the closest I ever got to beating a Kanto game was getting through the 4th gym in Pokemon Fire Red, and then my emulator decided to glitch out, and I just haven't put the time into playing through Blue VC yet, even though I have it. Kanto is still pretty unknown to me.

And I kind of like the Pokemon Go compatibility (or whatever that is they are talking about). The rumor, from what I've heard, also has Pokemon following you return, which I know that the vast majority of the community wants. An while I think if they used the catching system in Pokemon Go as it is for the Switch game, I would not be a fan, but if they improved it, I wouldn't mind (*clearly salty about having field research issues because can't get a stupid excellent throw*).

The names are definitely not to my taste, and really give off that kiddy vibe. but honestly, I'm a child at heart. I watch the freaking "Brave Little Toaster" movies for fun on a yearly basis and I own several picture books (because they are so gosh darn adorable and funny, and also I'm going to write one some day so I need to know what kids like). To me, I don't mind when games get really kid friendly (because really, these games are made for kids).

I honestly won't be upset if these games are real, or if they're not real. Like I said, I would surely prefer something like Gen 8, but I can wait for that too.

That's not really a good comparison because "version" doesn't mean anything and is kind of a redundant word after the title. "Let's Go Pikachu" does give a childish or spin-off vibe, though, that makes it not feel like a serious main series title. Admittedly, it doesn't matter too much if the content isn't dumbed down, but at the moment it does feel like it might be. Whether or not it is, remains to be seen.

I honestly just dread being stuck with another Cosmog. If we get walking pokemon, I'd like to choose what pokemon walks with me and not have it involved in any cut scenes. Just stay in your bag, Nebby, and let us never speak of you again.

I mean, "Let's Go" doesn't really mean anything either? It's what 98% of Anime characters say just to send out a Mon, IDK how that makes it seem childish. Spin-off vibes, yes, I do think that it's a spin-off, personally, but not sure how even then, it makes it sound childish. "Version" at the very least is dictating that you're playing one of multiple versions of the game. Let's Go, IMO, can literally be ignored.

IDK, I have watched a lot of Youtubers reacting to this news, all in their 20s if not older, and none of them have remarked at all about the titles sounding childish but, again, maybe it's just me.

Also since just restarting the game, I found out apparently when you make an eevee your "buddy" pokemon in GO, it sits on your shoulder instead of standing next to you like the others

Some how, hearing that the new rumored Pokémon games are Let's Go "Pikachu" and "Eevee" is reminding me of a little ear worm years past.

Ikuze!

Ikuze Pikachu!

That's not really a good comparison because "version" doesn't mean anything and is kind of a redundant word after the title. "Let's Go Pikachu" does give a childish or spin-off vibe, though, that makes it not feel like a serious main series title. Admittedly, it doesn't matter too much if the content isn't dumbed down, but at the moment it does feel like it might be. Whether or not it is, remains to be seen.

I honestly just dread being stuck with another Cosmog. If we get walking pokemon, I'd like to choose what pokemon walks with me and not have it involved in any cut scenes. Just stay in your bag, Nebby, and let us never speak of you again.
The rumors suggest that's the case but beyond that Pika and Vee will be front and center

I mean, "Let's Go" doesn't really mean anything either? It's what 98% of Anime characters say just to send out a Mon, IDK how that makes it seem childish. Spin-off vibes, yes, I do think that it's a spin-off, personally, but not sure how even then, it makes it sound childish. "Version" at the very least is dictating that you're playing one of multiple versions of the game. Let's Go, IMO, can literally be ignored.

IDK, I have watched a lot of Youtubers reacting to this news, all in their 20s if not older, and none of them have remarked at all about the titles sounding childish but, again, maybe it's just me.
It's not really the "Let's Go" but the whole title in its entirety. XD By being a phrase, it has this juvenile ring to it compared to the neutral (or almost edgy) one or two-word versions. And being Pikachu and Eevee-centric doesn't really do it any favors- it's less of a custom journey if you're forced to carry one of the mascots around with you. Just not a good impression so far.

And "version" has pretty much no reason to exist when it being different from the other Pokemon games is already made clear enough from the version title. Hence the word itself being kind of redundant and unnecessary, and easy to drop.

Ugh, I really don't want another annoying mascot character after Cosmog.
They'll always be mascots ma boy.
In gen three they pushed the fuck out of Blaziken, so much so that they had him dethrone Zard in the GS league, they also pushed Rayquaza and Sceptile.
Gen four it was all about Lucario , Infernape, Piplup, and Chomp.
Gen 7 is filled with them too so that aspect will never change
Edit- Also the CHU

It's not really the "Let's Go" but the whole title in its entirety. XD By being a phrase, it has this juvenile ring to it compared to the neutral (or almost edgy) one or two-word versions. And being Pikachu and Eevee-centric doesn't really do it any favors- it's less of a custom journey if you're forced to carry one of the mascots around with you. Just not a good impression so far.

And "version" has pretty much no reason to exist when it being different from the other Pokemon games is already made clear enough from the version title. Hence the word itself being kind of redundant and unnecessary, and easy to drop.
Well, I agree with you. The titles just sound childlike.
They'll always be mascots ma boy.
In gen three they pushed the fuck out of Blaziken, so much so that they had him dethrone Zard in the GS league, they also pushed Rayquaza and Sceptile.
Gen four it was all about Lucario , Infernape, Piplup, and Chomp.
Gen 7 is filled with them too so that aspect will never change
Edit- Also the CHU
I was talking about annoying characters that you can't get rid of, like Cosmog. This time, it appears that you will be stuck with Pikachu and Eevee and be unable to box them. I'm not a fan.

Well, I agree with you. The titles just sound childlike.

I was talking about annoying characters that you can't get rid of, like Cosmog. This time, it appears that you will be stuck with Pikachu and Eevee and be unable to box them. I'm not a fan.
Cosmog was more of Lillie's companion butttt you could box it once you caught it.
Even in the original Yellow you could box Pikachu so I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to now

Cosmog was more of Lillie's companion butttt you could box it once you caught it.
Even in the original Yellow you could box Pikachu so I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to now
We also didn't have cut scenes in the original, so since they're doing that now, it really depends on how much they want to make the mascots the focus of the games.

XD That first Brave Little Toaster was such a dark movie for kids, though! That's back before media held kids' hands, dumbed stuff down, and became way too overprotective of them.
I know right, I hardly watched that one as a kid because it scared me too much. I watched the sequels a lot though.

Also since just restarting the game, I found out apparently when you make an eevee your "buddy" pokemon in GO, it sits on your shoulder instead of standing next to you like the others

Several Pokemon will sit on your shoulder if they're small enough~

Never viewed any main series names as "edgy", but we clearly have different opinions on the vibes the name titles give off as I still fail to see how "Let's Go" is so juvenile and apparently un-ignorable, unlike the Versions. But why are we assuming we're "forced" to use Eevee and Pikachu and can never use any other Pokemon? Was that mentioned in any of the rumors? I'm sure we will be able to use other Pokemon.

I agree the starters shouldn‘t become forced as buddy pokemon walking beneath you, i don‘t mind, but others may not like it. I too prefer it to be like in hg/ss or the yo-kai watch 2, where you just can choose the mon you want. But i think it‘s a little bit farfetched to assume the games becoming too lighthearted or childfriendly just because of the game titles.

Oh man gamefreak, what’s so special about next week, just drop it already and end this madness please. JUST DO IT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom