• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would strongly doubt they would only include Gen I mons and prevent us from evolving the starters. I mean, they would literally force us to use other Pokemon once we reach a certain difficulty in the game if we're lugging around an Eevee at that point. Pikachu may be able to manage with a Light Ball, but not Eevee.

GameFreak have done that before with Yellow so it’s a genuine possibility now...
If GameFreak really want to shove unevovled Eevee and Pikachu down our throats I'm sure they can just hand us Extreme Evoboost or light ball early game.

Making Pikachu/Eevee refuse to evolve is the only feasible way to balance the experience between the two starters, but I suppose Game Freak might not care about that. Having the starter change its mind in the post-game would be a fair compromise.

I want to use Extreme Evoboost, so I don't mind. I wouldn't be surprised if they added new ways to boost Pikachu and Eevee, either. And let's not forget that the Kanto starters are likely going to be obtainable early.

Spinjira said:
Hmmm....I wonder if those are the in-game models.
They already are, but the textures might be different.

As long as some pokemon models get tweaked, human facial expressions and hands get better, and they use more detailed textures that is fine. SM rendered on the computer looks good. I dont really expect them to ever veer too much off this anime-esque artstyle to be honest.

However as someone who has been playing since Generation I, it doesn't cut it, and I'm not impressed. I'd rather play a new region.

I think the audience gamefreak cares the most about with this game are the people who quit after gen 1 and not the people who were still playing for these past 20 years.

Hell at this point it would't surprise me if the only way to get pokemon from future gens is only from pokemon go. It would be stupid as all get out and would spite in the face of common sense but lets not pretend gamefreak doesn't have a history of going 2 steps forward and 1 step back when it comes to features and the such.

I gotta say that when I these leaks came out I wasn't happy with what I was seeing, but now, after cooling off a little, I'm starting to get hyped for this. I really want to know how will we revisit Kanto.

GameFreak have done that before with Yellow so it’s a genuine possibility now...
If GameFreak really want to shove unevovled Eevee and Pikachu down our throats I'm sure they can just hand us Extreme Evoboost or light ball early game.

Yes, back then, when it was literally meant to reflect the Anime. Whether that will be the case now remains to be seen, I don't think we should just assume off the bat we won't be able to evolve them.

If Kanto is indeed the region in the "new games", please let the Pokemon distribution be improved. I am not going to take on Brock with a Pikachu, a Pidgey, and a bug Pokemon (Butterfree). Considering how many connections Gen 1 Pokemon have with Pokemon from subsequent generations, I also hope that we aren't limited to the first 151 Pokemon either.

This doesn’t sound good at all...
If he doesn't know anything beyond the titles, then his opinion doesn't matter more than anyone else's.

Lillie Blossoms said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Pikachu or Eevee get new forms of some kind.
I would be very surprised by anything more than accessories, which is what the movie is promoting.

If he doesn't know anything beyond the titles, then his opinion doesn't matter more than anyone else's.

Agreed. A lot of us are jumping to conclusions based on some vague details and we don't know the extend of the Pokemon Go influence.

But hey, it wouldn't be a true lead up to a new pokemon game without some mass hysteria and extreme pessimism, am I right?

Yes let's all freak out and have a break down due to one persons cryptic words and without any actual info ourselves.......Yup........Let's just wait and see what the game is like before saying it'll be crap yeah? People love to jump on these things and get negative right off the bat. That's why the USUM pre release period was so toxic. People jumped on it without giving it a chance first. Let's get information about the games before phoning it in as a "bad" or "casualized" game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom