• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because its new hardware does't mean that it will be a new generation. It's not looking likely that there will be new Pokemon and there won't be a new region, so the game doesn't have two of the features of new gens.
It says nothing about there being no sizable amount of new pokes, though.

The developers have let the word "new generation of Pokemon" slip, too, here and there in interviews. If I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I'll wait for the reveal, I guess.

Not hyped, only concerned, though.

Strictly speaking, from an official standpoint “generation” still isn’t a very clearly defined term anyway. I don’t think Game Freak are sweating it. The games either will or won’t be compatible with SM/USUM or whatever the next Switch games are, and the fans can have their pedantic meltdowns and wiki page debates on their own time.

reminder for anything deviantart related: files, titles and descriptions can be changed after initial upload

We may honestly have to scrape the term "generation" entirely. It was never a good way to describe things and in an age where new content can be released really quickly with dlc it's a really out dated way to discribe something. Generations are 20 year periods for non Pokemon fans anyways.

It’s not that different than when Gold/Silver were playable on the game boy but Crystal was gameboy color exclusive.
It's very different if the games aren't even directly compatible. The GBC was a revision.

It's not looking likely that there will be new Pokemon
You would have said the exact same thing about USUM last year (and probably did). Patience.

It's very different if the games aren't even directly compatible. The GBC was a revision.
True, but i think it’s possible the switch game is compatible with SM/USUM.. Probably via internet connection only though and not locally.

We may honestly have to scrape the term "generation" entirely. It was never a good way to describe things and in an age where new content can be released really quickly with dlc it's a really out dated way to discribe something. Generations are 20 year periods for non Pokemon fans anyways.

I mean monster hunter, transformers, mlp and other franchises use generations to refer to iterations of the series so its not that outdated if a bunch of other franchise use that term for stuff really simalr to they way pokemon does things. What other way would you refers to generations?

True, but i think it’s possible the switch game is compatible with SM/USUM.. Probably via internet connection only though and not locally.
That would be problematic given how important local communication is to Game Freak and the Japanese fans.

jitzul said:
I mean monster hunter, transformers, mlp and other franchises use generations to refer to iterations of the series so its not that outdated if a bunch of other franchise use that term for stuff really simalr to they way pokemon does things. What other way would you refers to generations?
As far as I know, those franchises use numbers officially rather than letting the fans decide how to count. Also, Monster Hunter 5 eschewed this system and is called World instead, and before it there was Generations which was deemed (by fans?) to be neither a main series nor spin-off game.

Last edited:
Because it’s an unnecessary change that doesn’t really add anything other than a cute gimmick.

A large chunk of new features added have all been gimmicks for the series. You’ll get gimkicks regardless lol

Pokémon following you is the biggest gimmick of all imo

From what I saw last year the biggest consumers of Pokémon go were aged between 15-60. A large portion of that target range would be adult and mature age gamers. Don’t think sales would be impacted, if anything it’s more likely that they will want to pick up the title.

I've been keeping track of both European and Japanese trademarks; nothing new yet. Though we haven't had titles before that involved already-existing Pokemon names, so I'm not sure what is or isn't needed as far as said trademarks go.
Have you tried "Pokemon Let's Go"?

Have you tried "Pokemon Let's Go"?

Yup, though in theory, just searching Pokemon in either database/bot should suffice. Last trademark from Gamefreak in Europe, at least under Pokemon, was Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Last one in Japan was Ultra Shiny.

The problem with trademark searches is that it takes a while for the actual trademarks to register in a search. So, the names could already be processing, but it hasn't updated yet.

If the games will be out this year, I predict a November, 21 release. Both versions have eevee on the box art and are called "Eeveemon Red" and "Eeveemon Blue". Clearly the Japanese will have "Eeveemon Green".
I just remembered I posted this in March. I correctly preticted the release date in 2018, the remakes, eevee on the box art and "eevee" being in the title. I feel a leaker, right now...XD

Points against the leaks being real:

Gamefreak doesn't switch platforms midgen.

Gamefreak doesn't reveal new gens this late into the year or new games at E3.

The same "credible" bozos that are pushing this pushed Stars last year.

The original 4chan post called them yellow "remakes" but said Red and Blue would be veteran npcs which would make a sequel.

Point towards this being real:

Masuda's comment about buying a Switch and the Pikachu Eevee picture

The apperant url stuff. This alone has crippled my faith in team fake/Groundonfriend/2019bros.

Granted I thought I as wrong when i learned 2017 wouldn't be a gap year Stars but turned out to be bullshit just like I said. I really really hope we see nothing so, can bust out the gloating as revenge for Kyogre's premature gloating.

Last edited:
Points against the leaks being real:

Gamefreak doesn't switch platforms midgen.

Gamefreak doesn't reveal new gens this late into the year or new games at E3.

The same "credible" bozos that are pushing this pushed Stars last year.

The original 4chan post called then yellow "remakes" but said Red and Blue would be veteran npcs which would make a sequel.

Point towards this being real:

Masuda's comment about buying a Switch and the Pikachu Eevee picture

The apperant url stuff. This alone has crippled my faith in team fake/Groundonfriend/2019bros.

Granted I thought when i learned 2017 wouldn't be a gap year Stars turned out to be bullshit just like I said. I really really hope we see nothing so, can bust out the gloating as revenge for Kyogre's premature gloating.
Meaningless Patterns(and this might be a half-new gen)

Not true

Only one

That was weird,but maybe "remake" doesn't mean what we are accustomed to it meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom