• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude i have reasons for be a disaster ._.
1. New generation = new thing in this case it is not
2. New pokemons it seems no new pokemons
3. Its good make 1 remake but its annoying how focus in kanto every time
4.throwing ball system its simple but its not good only invite casual players are familiaized in GO system and never touch the original catch system
the only thing are saved in this gen its people are forced in certain measure the table of types and understand exists more stats
the rest
for me if do you want a reboot why not make generation zero and thats it and you can overwrite kanto all times as you wish but this thing count as gen8 and core series i dont think so

1. The term of "generation" is different for anyone. For me a generation is all games between two brand new reigon. So for me it's not a Gen8 game.
2. Like you say " it seems no new pokemon " . We know nothing more than titles and we have limited information. So you can be right or wrong about it. but i hope there will be new pokemon
3. Kanto has a special place for GF so they won't give up on Kanto anytime soon. And plus, for the newcomers Kanto is totally new place.
4. (i don't have quite good English so i didn't understand that one)

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to be rude or unrespectful. I am just trying to show you the other way around. I am just trying to show you there is still hope for the possibility of they will end up being good games.

Tauros and NEED to be officially connected. I’ve always wanted them to share a calf pre-evolution. It still to this day bothers me that they aren’t even considered a male/female pair when breeding.

Your other ideas all seem plausible too, except the kangaskahn pre-evo. People need to give up on that dream. Also, idk why Pinsir and Heracross need to be connected, I think they’re fine as-is.
Man the Kangaskhan pre-evo just makes sense. Have you bred a Kangaskhan, it's the absolute weirdest thing that a baby is born with a baby on it's pouch. It could be like Wynaut and evolve at level 15 or something super early but as it is it's so weird ahah.

I agree with Pinsir and Hera not needing to be connected but they are counterparts, and to me the connection between the two makes as much sense as the connection between Miltank and Tauros. It doesn't need to exist but it kinda does make sense.

I'm kinda of tired soft reboots go big or go new. A hard reboot would mess with tcg and anime.
How would it mess with the TCG I dont get it? there's always a new set every few months with different pokemon from every generation regardless of the games being remakes, reboot or a new gen.

"There are new Pokemon most of them are Evolutions of already known Pokemon (mainly from Kanto)"

Let's pretend it's real just for speculation - which evolutions would you like to see?

Arcanine needs some love. Give her a new evolution or a mega or a special Z-move. Give her some love GF

And also almost all original trade evolution got something special. Alakazam and Gengar got megas, Golem got alolan form. Machamp anyone ?

Dark type and actually useful Hypno evolution can be lit

i see a lot of starmie fan-evolution and they are all perfect. i want Elite4 Misty has evolved starmie. Make it happen

"There are new Pokemon most of them are Evolutions of already known Pokemon (mainly from Kanto)"

Let's pretend it's real just for speculation - which evolutions would you like to see?
I'm…doubtful that this is true, as Kanto has the second largest number of original Pokémon, with Unova having the highest, not to mention several Kantonian Pokémon have already received Pre/Evolutions across a couple of Generations, so unless they plan to go all out with the other regions across the next few Gens, which as much as I'd like to see that, I'm skeptical of it happening.

That being said however…I've wanted to see a Sun Stone Weepinbell Evolution for a while now as we got Bellossom all the way back in Gen 2 and Bellsprout and Oddish are considered counterparts, maybe it could be based on the Cobra Lily, aka the California pitcher plant, I know it may be hard for them to do something with them, but someone thought up Gloom becoming Bellossom, so…

Also I agree with the rest of what dCraw has for the most part, especially the Kangaskhan Prevo which is long overdue, though I'm not really sure about the Heracross/Pinsir Prevolution, unless put something between It and the two making them 3-Stage as the pair seem a bit too contrasting to me, perhaps the middle…mons…might be pupae of sorts that is something I'd be happy with, and I'm not overly fond of a Dark-Type Hypno Evolution either, maybe it could branch off into something Psychic/Dark or retain its Pure Psychic typing or maybe just give Drowsey a branching Evolution where it can evolve into Hypno or something with a focus on Special Attack as opposed to Hypno's focus on Special Defence, maybe it could prefer nightmares over dreams too?

On the topic of a Farfetch'd Evolution, I found this a while ago which suggest that it may never have one, but as Farfetch'd itself is derived from the Japanese Proverb "A duck comes bearing green onions" meaning: something not asked for, but very convenient; a serendipitous event, perhaps they could give Farfetch'd an Evolution that provides it with a significant stat boost, but it only evolves when below a certain % of health and maybe it also has to be the only member of the party, which kinda both spoofs and plays on the convenience part of the idiom, as you have to go out of your way and take risks to evolve it, but suddenly you have a very powerful Pokémon even though you'd be doing well for yourself if you manage to be surviving with only a Farfetch'd.

I also wouldn't mind a Lapras Evolution, maybe with an Ice Stone? They could make Jynx evolve with it too, and I've seen people wanting a Prevolution to Doduo, which I wouldn't be opposed to and I wouldn't mind a Paras evolution that isn't infected by its Fungus, but is instead in control of it, maybe? Could be more of a Special Attacker compared to Parasect.

And finally two I would like to see as much they are improbable, is Shellbro and Shellking? So two more Evolutions to Shellder, maybe both are Water/Poison? Maybe provide significant attack boosts to contrast Slowbro/Slowking's defence boosts, assuming they would have the same Base Stat Total as Cloyster, I'm sure they could do a lot with 220 stat points.

As somebody suggested earlier, an arbor evolution would be sweet. And Machamp getting something special would be nice too as he’s the only one of the four original trade evolution pokemon that didn’t get any special so far. I think either a mega evolution or Z move would suit him well.

And Jynx really needs an evolution. If Electabuzz and Magmar got egos it’s only fair she gets one as well.

Actually, since Kanto is lacking some Steel, Dragon, Ghost and Dark types a good way to solve this problem would be with evolutions along with regional variants.

As someone suggested earlier, a Psychic/Dark Hypno evolution would be nice but why stop there? We can also have a Poison/Dark Arbok evolution, A Bug/Ghost, parasect evolution, a Steel type gigalith variant or a Bug/Dragon Flygon variant. There’s a lot of potential here.

Man the Kangaskhan pre-evo just makes sense. Have you bred a Kangaskhan, it's the absolute weirdest thing that a baby is born with a baby on it's pouch. It could be like Wynaut and evolve at level 15 or something super early but as it is it's so weird ahah.

I agree with Pinsir and Hera not needing to be connected but they are counterparts, and to me the connection between the two makes as much sense as the connection between Miltank and Tauros. It doesn't need to exist but it kinda does make sense.

How about they just make it a form change that also works as an evolution? The reason being the baby itself is already known as Kangaskhan. They could have it change into the current Kangaskhan after reaching a certain level or something else.

As for what potential evolutions/pre-evos/Megas or Z-Moves I'd like to see...

- Z-Moves for the Kanto starters
- Dark/Flying alternate evo for Spearow or a Dark/Flying Mega Fearow
- Gorochu brought back as either a Pikachu evolution or Raichu Mega
- Clefable/Wigglytuff Megas
- Z-Moves for Meowth and Psyduck
- Megas for Arcanine and Machamp
- Another evo for Weepinbell
- Pre-evos for Lickitung, Pinsir/Heracross, and of course Tauros/Miltank
- Pre-evo & Mega for Lapras
- New Eeveelutions
- A pre-evo for the Legendary Birds

The 39 missingnos correspond to Pokemon in G/S. they were cut due to limitations. Best evidence of this being true is that if you trade over a missingno, it will transform into whatever Pokemon was missing from R/B when traded over to G/S.

That and Ho-Ho in the anime.

While it's true that they all turn into GS Pokemon when traded over, it's definitely not the case that they're all Pokemon that were later added in for GS.
The index numbers written under the Pokemon match the listing on Bulbapedia

- Dragon-deer is #056 (Missingno.)
- Diglett is #059
- Bug-eyed dragon is #062 (Missingno.)
- Farfetch'd is #064 and Venonat is #065
- Unknown thing is #067 (Missingno.)
- Shark is #068 (Missingno.)

last few days in one picture:
DdZbo-pU8AAyHOL.jpg

I wouldn't mind a Seaking evolution personally. That thing is the epitome of forgotten despite being in nearly every Pokemon game so far. Nobody ever seems to talk about it, I don't recall seeing many people post it in the team threads we have, even as a kid I don't recall many of my friends caring about it and that's when the overall number of Pokemon was massively lower.

They could make it Water/Dragon and more majestic, since there's not many Dragons in Kanto's original group. (Similar to how Kingdra and Alolan Exeggutor sort of increase the number from Kanto families.)

I wouldn't mind a Seaking evolution personally. That thing is the epitome of forgotten despite being in nearly every Pokemon game so far. Nobody ever seems to talk about it, I don't recall seeing many people post it in the team threads we have, even as a kid I don't recall many of my friends caring about it and that's when the overall number of Pokemon was massively lower.

They could make it Water/Dragon and more majestic, since there's not many Dragons in Kanto's original group. (Similar to how Kingdra and Alolan Exeggutor sort of increase the number from Kanto families.)
The only time i used a Seaking in a team was when i made a team of "Mons I never ever ever used/Forgettable" in Pearl. It had Seaking, Blissey, Cherrim, Chatot and honestly i cant even remember that last two, from how forgettable they were :l poor fellas

Edit: Mind you this was post XY era

Ah, Seaking. I actually had a Seaking in my first Pokemon Gold play through. I liked it quite a bit back then, but if I recall correctly, I decided to re-play Gold at one point and started a new game erasing everything in the process. I think it's still a decent-looking Pokemon, but I kind of "forgot" it eventually when newer generations brought plenty of water type Pokemon that I like much, much more than Seaking. It definitely needs a new evolution, form or something. It has a lot of potential to turn into a beautiful Pokemon.

Ummm blissey was one of the most defining and iconic Pokémon of gen 2, not just in the anime but competitively in the games literally everyone used them until gen 5, was in OU and Uber’s alike for generations on end with its unique role. Even for more casual battlers it was a really common mon that paired with skarmory for perfect synergy. You’d see it all the time. Basically the ultimate cleric.

Forgettable is something like luminion lol

Blissey isn't forgettable. Take that back.

Ummm blissey was one of the most defining and iconic Pokémon of gen 2, not just in the anime but competitively in the games literally everyone used them until gen 5, was in OU and Uber’s alike for generations on end with its unique role. Even for more casual battlers it was a really common mon that paired with skarmory for perfect synergy. You’d see it all the time. Basically the ultimate cleric.

Forgettable is something like luminion lol
Did you guys even read my post? It was pokémons i never had used before and forgettable ones. Blissey fit the first part as it is kinda hard to use it in a playthrough..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom