• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Gorochu is a new powered up form which can be accessed both by Pikachu and Raichu? It'd make Pikachu a viable starter, and those who want to evolve their starter can do so without losing anything.
That's actually a good middle ground.

i think all the kanto starters shouldn't be given to the player. because they are starters, choosing on of them is their THING. there isn't any purpuse if you get all easily. personally i've never used more than one starter in my playthrougs. i boxed kanto starters in X and Y even my favorite starter is bulbasaur. because starter pokemon has a spacial place in your team and if you have more than one of them, what's the point ?

I think they would probably keep it Pikachu-exclusive as an incentive to keep using Pikachu instead of evolving it.

Imo they’ve included many incentives already in the form of light ball and Pikachu's Z-Move...

But I admit I might be more than a tad bit biased since Raichu is my favourite Pokemon ever- not to mention it'd be weird that Pikachu can advance to a stage which builds upon Raichu, but Raichu itself cannot advance.

What if Gorochu is a new powered up form which can be accessed both by Pikachu and Raichu? It'd make Pikachu a viable starter, and those who want to evolve their starter can do so without losing anything.
Kinda doubt that we'll get Gorochu but I'd like to see it as a mega evolution for regular Raichu- that way regular Raichu would have a mega form and Alolan Raichu would have a special Z-move.

Nifty. So what does it say about us and the journey of this thread that the big 10k is about Pikachu shilling and Gyarados being a wind sock? :coffee:

I vote it be summed up as "Waiting socks."

If the Pokemon regions on Gen 8 would take place on China based setting, it would've been prettty good and could be regarded as the oldest civilization of the Pokemon world along with Sinnoh!

(sorry for my poor English)

Imo they’ve included many incentives already in the form of light ball and Pikachu's Z-Move...

But I admit I might be more than a tad bit biased since Raichu is my favourite Pokemon ever- not to mention it'd be weird that Pikachu can advance to a stage which builds upon Raichu, but Raichu itself cannot advance.

I mean, I like Raichu a lot as well and would be more than happy to see them do more for it. I’m just cynical about these things, especially if Pikachu is going to be the box mascot again.

I seriously wonder sometimes if Game Freak regret creating Raichu in the first place. I’m kinda waiting for the day where Pikachu’s plethora of advantages begins to seep into their Pokédex entries, like how the SM Pokédex joked about Magikarp being so common as to become tedious.

Last edited:
Are we going to have the kanto starters or do we have to start pikachu/eevee?

Is it likely for Johto to be a postgame area? I really hope so!
That's hard to say since we don't know how many resources and time have been put into this project. The fact that the movie takes place in Johto (while promoting Eevee) and there is non-movie merchandise with the wording "Let's go to Johto" is promising, but it is best not to expect anything right now. They probably won't touch upon the post-game until September/October at the earliest.

It would be forced as hell for the Magnet Train and S.S. Aqua to be shut down, unless the games aren't sequels which would be even worse.

Riahi said:
It's the most natural way for them to be treated as mascots. But I suppose we might be surprised.

What happens if the Eevee is the starter Pokemon as an replacement of Grass/Fire/Water types starters, that would have been really nice!

I’m really enjoying reading everyone’s ideas for the new games. Further testament to the fact that yes, we might be going back to Kanto but there is such huge potential for a tonne of new stuff.

I think Psyduck should get the secondary Psychic typing it’s always deserved/should’ve had all along! Plus a mega evolution which takes more inspiration from Psyduck than Golduck... I always felt that evolution was too far removed from Psyduck. Some sort of huge, round yellow or orange Zen Pokémon. Basically the duck form of Oranguru haha. When I first got into Pokémon Psyduck was my favourite. I absolutely loved the way it was portrayed in the anime. It’s evolution broke my young heart a little bit! So come on Game Freak... give me the Psychic Master Duck in full control of its headaches.

Starters could work in the wild, in a sense, but in special areas as OW encounters, kind of like the hidden grottoes or the special shiny endgame Haxorus from Gen 5 or something. Then again, given how they were unceremoniously dropped into Island Scan, maybe they don't need to have that kind of pomp and circumstance behind them.

I'd much rather evolve my Pikachu into Majimachu, thank you very much. :V What would be cool is if they allow the LGP players to choose between Regular, Alolan, and "Gorochu"/a new third form of Raichu for the evolution, not only to compete with Eevee's many forms, but to also simulate the 3 starter choice of all the other games.

I’m really enjoying reading everyone’s ideas for the new games. Further testament to the fact that yes, we might be going back to Kanto but there is such huge potential for a tonne of new stuff.

I think Psyduck should get the secondary Psychic typing it’s always deserved/should’ve had all along! Plus a mega evolution which takes more inspiration from Psyduck than Golduck... I always felt that evolution was too far removed from Psyduck. Some sort of huge, round yellow or orange Zen Pokémon. Basically the duck form of Oranguru haha. When I first got into Pokémon Psyduck was my favourite. I absolutely loved the way it was portrayed in the anime. It’s evolution broke my young heart a little bit! So come on Game Freak... give me the Psychic Master Duck in full control of its headaches.
I agree with you, i'd love to see some sort more Mega Evolutions other than that, Flygon orignially wanted to have an Mega Evoltion too as well when Ken Sugimori interview about his idea of Flying having an Mega Evolution too on the Nintendo Dreams magazine, but it was scrapped, so i'd like get a new one. Also would to see more Mega Evolutions of Zangoose, Seviper, Primeape, Dragonite and Pangoro.

(sorry for my poor English)

I feel... so hesitant to say that I hope for anything from these games- because I do hope for new pokemon, new regional variants and new megas- but I also just really feel like we won't be getting any of those in these games. It seems like a poor stage to really expect anything in terms of new pokemon/forms. =/

But I guess, some tidbits off the wishlist anyway-
  • Mega evolutions for Raichu, Rapidash, and Dragonite
  • Normal, Ghost, and Flying Eeveelutions
  • Baby stages for Kangaskhan, Lapras and Tauros/Miltank
  • Missingno made into an official pokemon
Also Honoguma. I'd die to see Honoguma.

...and can we please fix Nidorina/Nidoqueen's egg group already, Game Freak? >=/ There's no reason why those ladies should still be sterile. In fact, that's the one thing I'm most hoping for out of these games- let the nido ladies lay eggs, darnit.

Alright after those designs of scrapped Pokémon were shown. . . one of my biggest wants is for the game to have some new Kanto Pokémon. If it’s supposed to be a reimagining of gen 1 it could make sense. I need that weird crocodile dragon looking thing in my life

I’d also love for Celadon to be turned into a big metropolis sorta area (but without the camera getting all screwy)

Also Honoguma. I'd die to see Honoguma.

If they're going for previously scrapped designs then Honoguma is what I want to see the most! (Excluding Gorochu, of course :p)

There's lots of Honoguma fanart floating around which just wants me to see it in the games.

Alright after those designs of scrapped Pokémon were shown. . . one of my biggest wants is for the game to have some new Kanto Pokémon. If it’s supposed to be a reimagining of gen 1 it could make sense. I need that weird crocodile dragon looking thing in my life

I’d also love for Celadon to be turned into a big metropolis sorta area (but without the camera getting all screwy)
That crocodile is a weird one. XD But the spikes make me think that it may have been an early design of Feraligatr.

....on second glance, that might be hair. I kinda want it now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom