• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait if a leak said it will be announced thos month than the means if there isn't a direct my faith in team fake can go back up and I can have full faith in the winning team at E3!

Wait if a leak said it will be announced thos month than the means if there isn't a direct my faith in team fake can go back up and I can have full faith in the winning team at E3!

Not really. The titles are almost 100% real. The domain names being bought up all but confirm them.
It was stated that they plan to reveal the games at the end of the month. Nobody said when, and there can always
be delays with these things.

Everything else besides the titles is up for grabs now, but it'd be weird if at least the stuff from the initial leak wasn't true, as it called the games by name, much in the same sneaky kind of way as that one leaker did with USUM.

The movie being set in Johto probably isn’t a coincidence though, given that it’s looking like the games are heading back to that corner of the Pokémon World.

All the johto promotion is probably due to the movie since it takes place in Johto. I doubt it’s related to this game.
1. Some of merchandise will be released in September alongside Kanto stuff.

2. Why is the movie set in Johto in the first place? The first Lugia movie wasn't.

3. The movie promotes the games for Eevee alone.

Im skeptical about johto being included too, since none of the trustworthy sources have mentioned it and I dont have much faith in gamefreak going above and beyond anymore.
With that said, it would feel odd to go to kanto and not have johto considering they share a league and it was a feature in gen 2 so the switch should be more than capable. Kanto also would seem small by itself, even moreso for a console game. Also, with the games called "let's go" pikachu and eevee, it is just too much of a coincidence that the merchandising campain is called "let's go" to johto.

Last edited:
Also Honoguma. I'd die to see Honoguma.

Personally I've always loved Kurusu and would love an appearance from it, but Honoguma is a close second.

I'd be wild if instead of locking Eevee and Pikachu from evolving to try and keep the starter choices a little more equal, they gave Pikachu a bunch of split evolutions to put it more on par with Eevee- Gorochu could be an electric/dark or electric/fire evolution option for Pikachu

Honestly I've always thought Honoguma looks like a fire Pikachu (although iirc it's supposed to be a bear), so I would love it and Gorochu to be new split Pikachu evos.

I fail to see why promotion is seen as a predecent for a possible role in the upcoming game. Same with Eevee. In the past, featured regions or Pokémon never got a lot of new merchandise right before the announcement of the game they appeared in, right?

Actually if you count what movies and spinoffs do it is very common for them to bring in new Pokemon before moving onto the region that they come from. Kinda like a sneak peak. I remember Gen 4 in particular got a lot of this including in the original PMD games.

This is interesting. If Emily is right and the announcement is planned for May, I can see it being next week and not the week after because of what Paul says

I'd say next week is definitely the most likely possibility. Releasing a direct around a holiday would be weird to me, so that last week of the month is not a viable option IMO.

i thing we will get something on monday based on project evees caleneder tweet

Howdy, just made an account because I’ve actually been super interested in the recent leaks and rumors.

One thing that I think gives credence to all these things is the recent amount of promotion both Eevee and Pikachu have gotten. Don’t forget prior to gen 6, eevee was used to tease the fairy type with Slyveon. Remember new forms (Mega Mewtwo) were also teased prior to the real announcement of gen 6. Pikachu recently has had that interview related to Gorochu, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence there’s been a recent string of alternate gen 1 info from reputable sources, like the deer one. Rememember with sun and moon there were all those images of Hawaii and the moon on one of the Twitter pages?

Also thematically, the recent movies have all been sorta alternate universe reboots. Ash restarts his journey, but obviously things happen differently, and Pokémon that were never in Kanto show up.

I wouldn’t be surprised if these games are “soft-reboots” of the franchise. Not saying the games are going to be drastically different, just a fresh new take and jumping off point for new and old fans. As long as they don’t simplify the battle system I’ll be happy.

And this is just speculation on my end, but the upcoming movie features Lugia and Eevee, as well as the wind festival. Assuming the rumors about the Eevee version are true, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lugia endows Eevee with a flying evolution or something.

giphy.gif
I don't get it. Could you explain this to me?

Who is Emily Rogers and why I need to listen to her? As far as I can see it's some random admin of forum.

I remember reading back in Xy era that a few Pokémon got re trade marked, most of these were Pokémon who received mega evolution in gen 6 however a few like Jynx who got a new trade mark didn’t, maybe they could revisit these as new potential mega evolutions or other form Pokémon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom