• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people are going to be disappointed when the info drops and it turns out everyone was wrong about Kanto or the Yellow remakes/reimaginings and it was just a Hey You Pikachu sort of game that has an alternate Eevee version. But then....at the end of the trailer....

The scenery changes and it's a child playing a different game than what was shown for 97% of the trailer. It looks more main-series-y and there's a "game footage not final" at the bottom...then the whole screen fades to black as it focuses on this child's switch.

@Scarftail This. The situation with 8th gen reminds me of BotW, when it was originally teased way back in 2014 and intended to be a Wii U game and then it got delayed and delayed until it ended up being a cross platform Switch release. Didn't really help the Wii U out any when everyone was expecting games along the lines of BotW and Odyssey to show up on the Wii U and by the time they actually showed up, the Wii U was pretty much dead. You'd think Game Freak would've learned from that scenario, or at the very least Nintendo would've cautioned them.

Resetera is talking about this leak

Legit or nah ?

/vp/ - Real Leaks - Pokémon - 4chan

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd think Game Freak would've learned from that scenario, or at the very least Nintendo would've cautioned them.
The Switch will be alive and well in 2020, and Nintendo seem to think that LGPE will be a big success. You can voice (premature) disappointment without resorting to gloom and doom predictions.

gingerninja23 said:
Legit or nah ?
Nah. It takes the major part of Piuk's (false) rumor and leaves out the rest, and the combination of a destroyed region and little story emphasis doesn't make sense.

I love that gamefreak's most "unsafe" move yet (potentially the closest thing we're getting to a reboot) is what normally would've been an extremely safe move under slightly different circumstances (kanto remakes)

I'm actually kind of finding the prospect of this really exciting. They aren't 1:1 remakes as far as we know, and it wont be a traditional new gen where we generally have an idea of what to expect in terms of structure, so who know's what'll happen this time around?

Normally I would be against a return to Kanto, but if these are reimaginings/sequels/reboots I'm extremely interested in seeing how gamefreak handles it. Haven't been this hyped up for a reveal trailer in a long while

Last edited:
I feel like what will make all Pokémon fans happy or at least most is a yellow remake but with either new forms or new Pokémon and a big new story element. So everyone is happy!

Anyone think there is good chance we will a new evolution for Eevee and Pikachu? As well as these evolutions announced in June at E3?

Resetera is talking about this leak

Legit or nah ?

/vp/ - Real Leaks - Pokémon - 4chan

I stopped at "not as plot-heavy". After the story-heavy plots that we've had in Gens 5-7 (and to a lesser extent Gen 4), I don't really see a regression happening.

If a Kanto-based game had a lackluster plot similar to the originals after following in the heels of Gens 5-7, that would be a slap in the face large enough to kill somebody and send them flying over the Grand Canyon. Not to mention I would be royally pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally finding it hard to imagine we'll get new evo's for pikachu or eevee, let alone any new pokemon, since I feel like we would've had hints towards such via M21 or merchandise, but anything can happen.

I do find it odd that all these scrapped pokemon designs from gen 1 are suddenly coming to light as we have a Kanto return on the horizon, so I am hopeful though

@Scarftail This. The situation with 8th gen reminds me of BotW, when it was originally teased way back in 2014 and intended to be a Wii U game and then it got delayed and delayed until it ended up being a cross platform Switch release. Didn't really help the Wii U out any when everyone was expecting games along the lines of BotW and Odyssey to show up on the Wii U and by the time they actually showed up, the Wii U was pretty much dead. You'd think Game Freak would've learned from that scenario, or at the very least Nintendo would've cautioned them.
If a 2020 release guaranteed that the game would be one of the best Switch games similar to how BotW played out, I would've been all for this. But instead, a 2020 release would just mean that they started in 2017, because they said they always take three years to develop new generations, no more no less. That wouldn't make the game better. It would simply mean it was delayed thanks to this game.

Personally finding it hard to imagine we'll get new evo's for pikachu or eevee, let alone any new pokemon, since I feel like we would've had hints towards such via M21 or merchandise, but anything can happen.

I do find it odd that all these scrapped pokemon designs from gen 1 are suddenly coming to light as we have a Kanto return on the horizon, so I am hopeful though

With all the promotion Eevee is getting for the film and hints to a flying evolution, I feel that we will be getting a flying Eeveelution and that it will be announced in June/July since the film is coming out in July. I also see Pikachu getting a new evolution because they wouldn't give one cover Pokemon a new evolution and not another one to a another cover Pokemon and with all the Goruchu info we got just add more to the new evolutions to both Pokemon. I can also honestly see both evolutions being in the new Smash game as well.

32706651_2391188430895146_6418902205251715072_n.jpg
nah, i want my let's go riolu version.

Honestly, the roster for this game is probably going to be very condensed. I bet it mirrors what is available in Go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom