• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why i didn't vote.
If they can't, evolve I'm picking Pikachu.
However if they can evolve.. give me my Espeon baby!!!

My choice is the exact opposite...
If they can evolve- TEAM RAICHU ALL THE WAY!!

If they can’t- I cannot bear to see the face of the yellow mouse and the fact that it’s because of its mascot Status I cannot use a Raichu starter. I'll pick Eevee in this case precisely because it'll take effort to not throw my Switch away if I have to put up with Pikachu without it being able to evolve.

No matter what kind of game we're getting, I wonder how the online features will be handled. There has been a little discussion before about fees before, but what about the system? I hope it'll be similar to the PSS, the best online system of any Pokémon game in my opinion. It would also be nice if they integrate the Global Link, or its replacement, into the game itself. I don't know exactly how powerful the Switch is, but it seems like it could be done.
The april 1st leak did mention a hub for online, so im guessing it will be similar to festival plaza. Im hoping for some big improvements though. Also id like it if it was more like other hub spaces where we all move around and see each other move and interact, psuedo mmo hub style

I'd be cool with pretty much all of the things listed, with the only thing that I'm sorta iffy on being the two versions being so drastically different- I wasn't planning on buying more than one version of the game, and it would mean I'd be getting Eevee version instead because I'm way more into futuristic sci-fi stuff than I am interested in 90s Kanto again.

(That being said, I don't trust this style of 'leak' very much- its too easy for anyone to just come up with a big list of possible things and put it out there as 'leaked' information.)

Does it still exist someone that has Pikachu in his/her 10 favorite pokemon like me? :) I am surely buying the Pikachu edition and I would not evolve it even if I could, like I did in Yellow (of course), X and US.

Then if the Japanese Riddler is the only one that specifically mentioned the battle system, I wouldn't give it much thought. She also hinted at new starters, a connection to Myanmar, and most recently, that Piuk was right.
Battle system change was also said by Pixelpar, and other people from the West.

Two ways they could offset that:

1. Prevent both from evolving. Give them new items, abilities and moves to make up for it (build upon Light Ball and Extreme Evoboost).

2. Give Pikachu a new split evolution, without doing the same for Eevee.
Or like azs flote these are special Pokemon with stats that are around just as good as their evos and have their own special move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom