• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you wish for them to be fake? Hmm I don‘t know, there is just too many things indicating, that they are most likely real, just too many references to eevee/pikachu, the domains, emily rogers, go influence talks, potential masuda hints, kanto leaks, project eevee, 1st april leak, pixelpar/veggiebird and other more or less credible people indicating for them to be real. Personally, I just can‘t doubt it anymore, just too much smoke here. I would be really suprised if this all comes out as fake.
Quite a few bits of the "evidence" may just be mere coincidence. And, this is another Stars. A rumor that so many people backed up for the same reasons. I want to see your faces when something else is announced. Additionally, the logo could be fake. We'll never know until the official announcement.

Honestly, the thing that made me convinced it was real was the Pikachu logo- having any of the logo for the next generation of Pokemon be in a papercraft style is just too out of left field for a faker to go for, imo. Combined with how unexpected the title is, all the Pikachu and Eevee graphics that are being pushed lately (images that depict them together, specifically), and the recent copyright claims, its looking highly likely that we're getting these two games.

Everything beyond the Pikachu logo and the titles is still pretty nebulous though- I'm mostly just certain that there's going to be two Pokemon games coming to the Switch with those titles. (Also, this is just my reasoning, if you're not convinced by the same stuff that's fine)

As far as more nebulous speculation I'm putting stock into, the games being set in Kanto seems likely to me- that's what I'm expecting at this point. Also, Pokemon following the trainer seems very likely to make a comeback, what with all those running and walking and transition animations that were found in SuMo, and with the emphasis on the partner Pokemon aspect in the titles of the game.

I'm hoping that we'll also get stuff like regional variants, potential new forms or evolutions for Pikachu and Eevee, either a largely expanded Kanto or surrounding regions included, like Johto. This is my "things that seem likely to happen based on the stuff Pokemon has done recently and based slightly off of what has been repeated in rumors" list.

Emily and a lot of people of credibility are saying next week - till the end of May, let’s just wait and see.
They can't be 100% credible. Emily was one of the sources backing up Stars last year. Also, Pixelpar couldn't even tell that a faked new Eeveelution pic was fake, although that may be due to personal error or just plain ignorance.

If anything, these Kanto returns lend credence that Stars was a real thing at one point in time. We don't know what happens behind closed doors

That's a weird statement with no basis at all.

Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee likely started out as what Stars was rumored to be (or what insiders thought Stars was at first). It lines up with what Emily is saying, and Tom of eurogamer was hinting that Stars had turned into a Yellow remake/re imagining as far back as December. These games not being a proper gen 8 support that further imo

It's really not farfetched at all to think that when stars was early in development, the team pivoted and realized that a Kanto game would be a better idea than another Alola game.

or Emily/Tom's sources saw an early tech demo/test of SM running on switch and thought it was the next main series game

I didn‘t look too much in to the stars thing, but i could think of pokemon stars being in concepts and early demo stages back then and so, which were planned to be made, but gamefreak changed their mind because of the switch. They probably used some ideas for Ultra games and let the junior team handle it, so that they can concentrate on the switch games. And no Leaker ever will be 100% credible.

Quite a few bits of the "evidence" may just be mere coincidence. And, this is another Stars. A rumor that so many people backed up for the same reasons. I want to see your faces when something else is announced. Additionally, the logo could be fake. We'll never know until the official announcement.

Whoa there, I'd watch what you say... normally, Joe Merrick never posts rumors on his site unless he has a very good reason to believe its legitimacy. In this case, he has.

And before you throw the Alola starters in my face, don't do it because you can't fault somebody over an honest mistake they made 3 years ago.

Let's just wait and see. The 21st could give away to an announcement rather than a trailer and we get something later on during the month.

Again, a weird statement with no basis at all. You can't always trust what people are saying.

did you even read the full post?

the same people that were leaking/hinting Stars were the same ones that are now hinting/leaking details for a game that now has domains registered by the company nintendo uses for these things. The Stars rumors did not just come out of nowhere. That's not how game journalists work

People are free to believe what they want of course, but I'm struggling to not see the connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom