• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a crazy thought.

So we’ve been trying to figure out how Pikachu and Eevee as starters is going to work— Eevee has way more evolutions, so it seems imbalanced, and Yellow famously wouldn’t let you evolve your starter, but Eevee’s whole appeal is the number of evolution choices you have.

And I realized— there’s a ridiculous amount of Pikachu merchandise that revolves around costumes. Mega Charizard X Pikachu. Santa Pikachu. Hawaii Pikachu. Guzma Pikachu. Team Rocket Pikachu. Gyarados Pikachu. Ash Hat Pikachu.

And granted, that’s almost all Pokémon Company, not Game Freak— but I could see them expanding the Cosplay Pikachu concept to change this special Pikachu’s moves, but also its ability, stats, or even type.

So we get a special Pikachu or Eevee that don’t evolve and stay with us the whole adventure, but that are unprecedentedly customizable. They could even include a surfboard, balloons, and detective outfit among Pikachu’s costume options.

There’s also a fair amount of costumed Eevee merchandise, although most of it revolves around it dressing as its evolutions, and an Eevee in an Umbreon poncho isn’t as appealing to me as an Umbreon. But I could see them doing something like that to preserve Eevee’s game mascot status with the added bonus of not being locked into one form, like a normal evolving Eevee would be.

I dunno, I’m just trying to think outside the box as to how they’re going to make this work, and it would drive me nuts if something like this wound up happening and I hadn’t said anything.

I just had a crazy thought.

So we’ve been trying to figure out how Pikachu and Eevee as starters is going to work— Eevee has way more evolutions, so it seems imbalanced, and Yellow famously wouldn’t let you evolve your starter, but Eevee’s whole appeal is the number of evolution choices you have.

And I realized— there’s a ridiculous amount of Pikachu merchandise that revolves around costumes. Mega Charizard X Pikachu. Santa Pikachu. Hawaii Pikachu. Guzma Pikachu. Team Rocket Pikachu. Gyarados Pikachu. Ash Hat Pikachu.

And granted, that’s almost all Pokémon Company, not Game Freak— but I could see them expanding the Cosplay Pikachu concept to change this special Pikachu’s moves, but also its ability, stats, or even type.

So we get a special Pikachu or Eevee that don’t evolve and stay with us the whole adventure, but that are unprecedentedly customizable. They could even include a surfboard, balloons, and detective outfit among Pikachu’s costume options.

There’s also a fair amount of costumed Eevee merchandise, although most of it revolves around it dressing as its evolutions, and an Eevee in an Umbreon poncho isn’t as appealing to me as an Umbreon. But I could see them doing something like that to preserve Eevee’s game mascot status with the added bonus of not being locked into one form, like a normal evolving Eevee would be.

I dunno, I’m just trying to think outside the box as to how they’re going to make this work, and it would drive me nuts if something like this wound up happening and I hadn’t said anything.

This sounds totally paradoxical, totally unappealing and yet...

totally possible ù.u7

ahahah

He's talking about how he'll drop by the Kyōto Pokémon Center after he finishes his work. Clearly he means his work for the day, not that he just finished the new Pokémon game. Come on, there's no need to look for hidden messages into every single thing Masuda posts or does.

Yes there is LOL what's this community without over analysing every last masuda tweet :p

So... why I have premonition that titles are fake and we will get completely nothing in this year. I want to believe but nothing interesting happened. Nintendo secure their IP with domains and nothing more. Some delays in merchandise can be just coincidence. I'm not sure anymore that leak have sense or "leakers" had just a lot of luck.

I’ve always been curious why Gamefeak and Nintendo’s general security with their IPs, games and consoles suck.

How can you get infiltrated so easily and consistently lol

If the leaks are true, this would have been the fourth set / generation of games with major details leaked.

I’ve always been curious why Gamefeak and Nintendo’s general security with their IPs, games and consoles suck.

How can you get infiltrated so easily and consistently lol

If the leaks are true, this would have been the fourth set / generation of games with major details leaked.
Every company has major leaks from time to time. This isn’t exclusive to Nintendo/Gamefreak.

So... why I have premonition that titles are fake and we will get completely nothing in this year. I want to believe but nothing interesting happened. Nintendo secure their IP with domains and nothing more. Some delays in merchandise can be just coincidence. I'm not sure anymore that leak have sense or "leakers" had just a lot of luck.
Emily Rodgers said that something's coming this month, and so I urge you to try and hold out a little longer. If nothing comes then I suppose there's good reason to have doubts, but She also had this to say about leaks hinting at a 2019 release
Emily said:
But other than that the evidence for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee seems too much for me, personally, to dismiss as Fake or mere Coincidence, Pixelpar, Emily, VegetableBird, the Domains, possible hints from GAME FREAK and Nintendo, while you're of course free to make your own decisions and express your doubts and concerns, I think a fair number of us here have come to similar conclusions of the Leaks' legitimacy and the next Titles' Release window.

That doesn't mention the battle system. Just online P2P, which we already have.

Oriden said:
It would be hard to make anime references now, though, since Ash hasn't traveled through Kanto in awhile- so the only references to be made are old ones that many young players wouldn't be familiar with. Plus Red/Blue weren't present in Yellow, so if it was a sequel of that sort- the anime references would be misplaced. Yellow pretty much was an alternate universe to Red and Blue... the anime universe.
The main anime characters in Yellow were Jessie and James (already implied to come back), Nurse Joy (whose modern design is already being used in the 3DS games) and Officer Jenny. That is, characters that still appear in the anime in some shape or form. The distinction between Red/Ash and Blue/Gary was very niche at the time; even in Alola Red uses Pikachu and other Pokemon used by Ash. The story was unchanged from RGB.

If the games were sequels where Red represented the original Yellow protagonist, kids wouldn't be confused at all. And the simplicity of the Team Rocket story is also an advantage in this context.

Last edited:
Thought I'd share my wish list for the new games :D:

1. Jolteon. That is all.
2. I liked that leak about tradition vs future or w/e, and for that reason I would want only Pikachu evolution-locked until maybe mid-game, with potential costume/cosplay options for it until then or upgrade its stats for the latter "forms". I will be getting both versions, and I liked the ideas in that leak so this is essentially based on that. (I think I was the only person who enjoyed not evolving Pikachu in Yellow).
3. Kantonian forms for some other Pokémon from every generation, not just Alola lol. I hope for 20-30 Kantonian forms, and I want some other Pokémon in general from other gens to be maybe at a 5-20% encounter rate on certain routes, after all it's essentially been 20 years, I'm sure a Shellos migrating from Sinnoh isn't bothered about our opinions on it's habitat lol.
4. Justify why older characters are appearing (if any), don't just shove them into random areas with gifts for us and no real reasoning for their appearance.
5. 2-3 new Eeveelutions, preferably Dragon, Ground and/or Bug/Rock.
6. Anything better than Festival Plaza, that hub thing better allow us to interact with each other as actual PC's.
7. For the battling system to be left entirely intact, with the new features/gimmicks being optional. I am a competitive player so this is a BIG one for me... if the battle system were to change drastically (which I doubt), I will just play the game once probably and then put it down lol.
8. GTS NEEDS to be fixed, it's not terrible, but it's not exactly a simple tit for tat situation.
9. TRIPLE & ROTATION BATTLES TO RETURN - This HAS to happen, the Switch can handle it, and honestly the Battle Royal just annoyed me.
10. More open-options for Pokéride... the irony is that Charizard couldn't learn Fly in Red/Blue, and it's the only Pokémon we can technically use to fly in SM/USUM. Enough pandering to the precious lizard, let me sit on a Ducklett and be on my merry way.
11. If Pokémon only appear in the over world for potential wild battles and not in a grass patch anymore; don't have every single one rush at you or move every time you go near it, I don't want encounter rates like BW lmao.

I hope they either introduce a new Raichu form change or a new pikachu branched evolution because as it stands there’s no viable reason to choose Raichu over Jolteon unless you like the design better but you are losing significant power and speed from doing so. Hopefully they balance out pikachu and eevee if they are the starters.

Jolteon

Hp 65

Atk 65

Def 60

Sp Atk 110

Sp Def 95

Speed 130

Vs

Raichu

Hp 60

Atk 90

Def 55

Sp Atk 90

Sp Def 80

Speed 110

I for one don't actually believe that Masuda's pic of Pokemon Go with the incense times reading 5:22 and 5:29 is a coincidence. I think it was meditated. I think he's hinting towards an announcement of the reveal on the 22nd of May and then the actual reveal trailer a week later on the 29th of May. Both are Tuesdays which IIRC was usually the day we got SM/USUM trailers (along with thursday).

hello i 'm really curious to see how the anime will be with LET'SGO eevee and pikachu , I expect that ultra necrozma arc will finish till the new games will be out so fall 2018 , what do you think?

Last edited:
There is only one thing I want resolved: whether this game is going to play like Go or not. Yes, I know that is not what the rumor said, but any element of it is worrying, especially when you consider everything else that said everything is going to be simplified. Perhaps that element was exaggerated, though. I'm not sure how I feel about it if it's JUST the catching mechanic. The catching mechanic as it is is extremely unfair, it has to survive three random number rolls. I don't think catching should require no effort at all either, and with this, technically it wouldn't lack effort, but I do see it being more easily exploitable. The only thing really preventing that are the raw catch rates themselves. At least you only have to deal with it one time instead of three.

hello i 'm really curious to see how the anime will be with LET'SGO eevee and pikachu , I expect that ultra necrozma arc will finish till the new games will be out so fall 2018 , what do you think?
The UB/Necrozma arc should definitely be finished by then, but I don't think there will be enough time for the Alola league and character send-offs. I could see a new saga/series starting early next year.

Literally I think the only legit hint we got from Masuda was the one where he's holding the Pokeball with Eevee, Pikachu, and Luigi-chu in the background. I don't think we need to look into anything else he posts.

If Emily is right, alls we gotta do is wait for that golden "announcement of an announcement" within the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom