• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there's no good reason why you should pick pikachu instead of eevee, when the latter can evolve into 8 different types, including electric, with better stats and abilities...unless you just like pikachu with a light ball.

I really hope that isn't the case but if it is please allow us to either box our starters or at least give us variety when it comes to building our teams.

What if you won't be able to evolve your Starter...? Just like in Pokemon Yellow?
Eevee movepoll is awful. The only non normal damaging moves it can learn are bite and shadow ball (through tm so later in the game). I can see it facing onix...
I think they gave it those two moves just because otherwise it would be totally unuseful against a ghost type.

1. Eevee and Pikachu can learn Iron Tail.
2. Their movepools may be improved.
3. Rock doesn't have to be the first gym, and Eevee won't evolve that early anyway.

Back in my day kids trained a Pikachu for the entire game and didn't complain. No Light Ball or much more than Thunderbolt/Thunder.

1. Eevee and Pikachu can learn Iron Tail.
2. Their movepools may be improved.
3. Rock doesn't have to be the first gym, and Eevee won't evolve that early anyway.
1) Iron tail is a move tutor exclusive for eevee, so not really...
2) To make it good, they would need to change it completly actually.
3) It's still unuseful against steel, fighting, dark...and every other type with that movepoll.

Eevee is cute and everything, but let's not claim it could be a good starter if it cannot evolve. Pikachu is way better in movepoll and it has light ball.

What if you won't be able to evolve your Starter...? Just like in Pokemon Yellow?
Then I was thinking of some new forms in battle think Megas or something like Battle Bond-like special battle forms for Pikachu and Eevee so they can keep the cute mascot factors intact and probably fix their movepools better especially for Eevee.

Last edited:
1. They don't need to be faithful to the Alola TMs.
2. It's already good in-game with Extreme Evoboost, Stored Power and Baton Pass.
3. See above, then think of a new ability and signature move that could make it even better.

1. They don't need to be faithful to the Alola TMs.
2. It's already good in-game with Extreme Evoboost, Stored Power and Baton Pass.
3. See above, then think of a new ability and signature move that could make it even better.
I still see it unuseful if its only purpose in battle is to boost and baton pass to another pokemon.

How do we know Eevee and pikachu are the only starters? It’s not like Pokémon red (and firered) made us get charmander. Blue didn’t make use use sqirtle. Leafgreen didn’t make us use bulbasaur. Only yellow made us start with pikachu. Granted, the starters were available in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom