• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we know Eevee and pikachu are the only starters? It’s not like Pokémon red (and firered) made us get charmander. Blue didn’t make use use sqirtle. Leafgreen didn’t make us use bulbasaur. Only yellow made us start with pikachu. Granted, the starters were available in the game.
Well I do expect the others to appear later on like yellow but won't really get that much special treatment.

I am hoping that we'll have Viridian City as the first gym, or at least change it up in a way that's not only new but refreshing for new and old players alike.

If you think about it, it makes little sense to only have two starter Pokémon. With Yellow it was different because it was a special game made for Pikachu, and you could still get all the original starters early on. There's a reason why normally starter Pokémon are meticulously balanced. It ensures that each starter feels unique and different from the other, while making all of them close as equal when it comes to how fun they are to use. Because the starters are such important Pokémon, they influence and are influenced by important battles like Gym fights, encounterable Pokémon, and other game design decisions that have to do with balancing the game.

Pikachu and Eevee were never designed to balance each other out, thus raising the chance of an inferior experience when picking one or the other. Planning out various aspects of the game also becomes a lot more complicated when there's only two, extremely different, Pokémon to choose as a starter.

I cannot stress enough how badly I want even the smallest routes to be fleshed out into full 3D... for example, Route 24 can still be nugget bridge, which will lead onto Route 25, with a name like "Cerulean Valley" as it's the route behind Cerulean ect... kinda like how XY had names for each route? I think it was XY?

How is that a hint. I saw the picture. I fail to see how the picture is a hint to anything.

There's a Pikachu

There's an Eevee

There's Red, who's from Kanto

The games are apparently Kanto remakes, with two versions themed around Eevee and Pikachu

Surely you can figure the rest out yourself

Kanto hat +eevee pikachu shirt deff isn't just a coincidence imo. Masuda is a troll and has way too much fun with his "hint" tweets

the 5/22 5/29 thing. . .I want to believe, but that does seem a bit too meticulous for me. I'm expecting something to be said monday-tuesday anyways so I'll remain hopeful

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom