• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna guess an announcement on Tuesday and then an actual trailer on the 29th, maybe.

Pretty much?

Unless they are honestly rushing with the leaks but then again they seem to be having fun teasing everyone about the leaks and all so *shrugs*

I think the trailer would come out the day after the announcement as usual.
There is really no need to make us wait a whole week.

Edit: goddamn autocorrect sucks!

People are really thirsty for information if they're taking a Go screen shot of two Charmander holding hands as hard evidence to anything other than "Hehe, look they popped up next to each other like this. How cute." Just because Matsuda tweeted it doesn't really mean anything. Pokemon pop up in Go in funny, sometimes lewd, positions all the time and people like to share them.

Personally, until hard proof of Gen VIII comes out, I'm just going to assume these are the console games for Gen VII.

People are really thirsty for information if they're taking a Go screen shot of two Charmander holding hands as hard evidence to anything other than "Hehe, look they popped up next to each other like this. How cute." Just because Matsuda tweeted it doesn't really mean anything. Pokemon pop up in Go in funny, sometimes lewd, positions all the time and people like to share them.

Personally, until hard proof of Gen VIII comes out, I'm just going to assume these are the console games for Gen VII.

It's because of the timer on the incense and the timer on the egg. Some are suggesting it's a hint towards the announcement dates. Nothing to do with the Charmander.

I'm slow to believe we will get a real trailer so soon, at the most, it will only be a few seconds of such and some concept sketches similar to what we got for SuMo. UNLESS, it is set to release sooner than we think, then a trailer is likely~

Found this on 4chan, don't know what to make of it
- A Pokemon Direct will be happening this Wednesday/Thursday (depending on your location) Expect the announcement 24 hours before.
- The now famous Lapras image IS Fake. It was constructed using models from Ultra Sun and Moon and was designed to be the southern area of Route 19. It's just a massive coincidence that it features an Eevee.
- Eevee and Pikachu will receive ONE evolution each. Raichu is still an option, same goes for every Eeveelution.
- The battle system is very much the same as SM. Battles will not take place in the overworld as many are expecting.
- Wild Pokemon will appear in the Overworld. Grass Patches and random cave/surf encounters are no longer a Pokemon tradition. Instead you will personally have to approach the Pokemon or let the Pokemon attack you.
- Again, battling Wild Pokemon Will not take place in the overworld. All is the same except for when it comes to catching the Pokemon with a ball. The angle/camera will change and the ball will appear just like Pokemon GO. You will be responsible for throwing the ball, with motion, swiping the screen of aiming with the analog stick.
- There is more to it than just a Pokemon GO copy. Pokemon will move around and try and dodge the ball. This can be prevented by paralyzing and poisoning (slowing), freezing and putting to sleep (keeping still). Burning however will make it more active.
- PokeRide is returning and HM moves are irrelevant. Sharpedo, Mudsdale and Stoutland will be replaced.
- The game is a reboot. Not a remaster. The region Kanto and the characters are all different.
- Gym leaders and the Elite Four will feature, most are new members and only a few return.
- The Pokedex will not be 151. Every Gen 1 Pokemon that has received new evolutions will be included. For example Kingdra and Mucnhlax will be in the game.
- New Pokemon will be in the game. Not just the new Eeveelution and Pikachu evolution.
- That's everything known so far. Don't believe me ask a 'trusted leaker'. They'll confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom