• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

View: https://imgur.com/a/7h1RPf5

Interesting discussion from 4chan.

I'm sorry, but no matter what I do I can't see anything with that image, I'll just put this here if anyone's got the same issue.
IMG_6791.jpg

I'm sorry, but no matter what I do I can't see anything with that image, I'll just put this here if anyone's got the same issue.

Not my fault that widget works like... ekhm and I don't know, how image posting works here, everytime I have blank image. Next time I'll use just quote/spoiler.

This isn't really anything new even if what the third guy is saying is true. While it does raise more doubts about the legitimacy of the registrations, it was uncertain from the start whether the domains were actually registered by Nintendo themselves or some random person.

That 4chan post got me thinking, the situation is similar but different in comparison to sun and moon. How likely is the leak we thinking now ?

That 4chan post got me thinking, the situation is similar but different in comparison to sun and moon. How likely is the leak we thinking now ?
Which leak? In last 72h on the 4chan we got ~10 leaks about games with that title, all with little changes.

Nintendo and Gamefreak use third parties to trademark things all the time, often without showing their company names. CSC isn’t exactly a company that some rando can just deal with, and given their existing contracts with Nintendo, there would be a conflict of interest if they were brokering with an individual not affiliated with Pokémon for a web domain like this.

And given the titles, there may not be a need to trademark them up front at all. I’m pretty sure both Pikachu and Eevee have existing trademarks in both the US and Japan, at least. That may or may not extend to video games already. You’d need to trademark them eventually for specific merch, but not right out of the gate.

I think 4chan’s just in debunk mode, because it’s 4chan. I remember when they were in denial over the Alola starters too lol.

Eh, here we go again.

Titles are not confirmed, attention whores on Twitter are not credible sources, riddler can be wrong like others.

Oh, and domains can be registered by some "leaker", not Nintendo.
Jon,shinobii,zhuge,Emily(debatably),many others.

Honestly Pixelpar hinting at let's go being the titles and kantoKanto rev and go interaction way before the leaks got any attention and Emily said all that means he's legit

What so NOW we think it's possibly fake? I swear if next week comes and no announcement happens I'm gonna snap. Is this csc the same company that domained sun and moon or not? If it is we should have no doubt it's real.

What so NOW we think it's possibly fake? I swear if next week comes and no announcement happens I'm gonna snap. Is this csc the same company that domained sun and moon or not? If it is we should have no doubt it's real.

They are. While it’s better to use a grain of salt until we have official confirmation, I don’t see any way these titles could be fake at this point.

The most important piece here is that Joe posted about it on Serebii's front page. He is a big stickler when it comes to posting unconfirmed rumors on his site. If he hadn't posted the LGPE rumor in the first place, I would be a lot less inclined to believe it than I am right now.

Every site domained by Nintendo have their address information in whois report. New domains don't have it.

Currently they do. We don’t know how they looked when they first went up, unless I’m mistaken. These were likely rushed to protect the urls from being picked up by others.

Even then, as I said above, conflict of interest should the originators be anyone other than Nintendo.

To add on to my previous post, if people are more inclined to believe 4chan over Serebii, that's a tad bit ridiculous. I know a lot of people here don't really like the guy personally, but as far as fansites go Serebii has a hell of a lot more credability than Pokemon threads on 4chan.

Every site domained by Nintendo have their address information in whois report. New domains don't have it.

Who?
But if it's a site that Nintendo uses that domained them why would they domain something without Nintendos permission when it involves one of their main games and when it's a title that is fake made up by fans? They wouldn't unless they were actual titles that are upcoming or might make in the future (Delta emerald) but let's go Pikachu/Eevee isn't a likely maybe title it would only be domained if it was going to be a thing.

But if it's a site that Nintendo uses that domained them why would they domain something without Nintendos permission
I can domain pokemon.com if they didn't refresh reservation and I have full right to that. I don't need permission. I see free domain, I can take it. Trademarks don't work on domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom