• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other leakers aren't saying that the 4chan leaker is right, either. Well, Emily Rogers did post this opinion piece yesterday, which is about returning to a smaller roster of "non-crappy" Pokemon. That doesn't necessarily mean just Kanto ones, and is apparently not based on any knowledge.

In past years, we had instances of mostly reliable leaks with some wrong tidbits. Namely, the Chinese one from 2016 that teased more "Z-forms" like Ash-Greninja, and the 4chan one from last year that promised new Alolan forms. Leakers can make mistakes and they may enjoy misleading people after being proven right once.

Icy Wind said:
I’ll be happy if it turns out to be more than that, but my expectations are at rock bottom right now.
It was a joke about the graphics possibly being worse than FRLG's.

The other leakers aren't saying that the 4chan leaker is right, either. Well, Emily Rogers did post this opinion piece yesterday, which is about returning to a smaller roster of "non-crappy" Pokemon. That doesn't necessarily mean just Kanto ones, and is apparently not based on any knowledge.
That wasn’t meant to be taken seriously though.
Emily said:
It's a non-serious Sunday morning post on a wordpress blog where I'm just rambling about the eShop, PSN flash sales, Pokemon, and Thundercats. I tend to write goofy stuff during the weekend.

No, I don't want to kill your favorite Pokemon. Honestly, I was surprised it was even posted here, lol.

That's an excellent point. IIRC every real leak from X/Y all the way through USUM era still had fake tidbits thrown in.

View: https://twitter.com/VegetableCookin/status/998586727777255424

Thought this was interesting. Saw this and wondered how many of the people that knew something heard the same date, but all Emily's said is "towards the end of may" and everyone else has just said this month,.

Okay, after having some time to think about this in the shower, I've come up with a few possible explanations for this guy's post assuming he isn't just some giant troll:
  1. In the worst outcome, this statement is 100% true and this is just a straight-up Yellow remake with nothing else added to it, meaning there is no justification for Game Freak even making these expect to appease investors for future Switch games. Either that, or Game Freak realized it was a bad idea but got too into the project to make it anything else.
  2. The statement is true, but only because Game Freak is more focused on adding a ton of fun features and mini-games in order to gauge audience reaction for future titles. Basically, the worst decision Game Freak could make is actually just a side-effect of them prioritizing the features instead of things like region-design, what Pokémon should be put in, etc.
  3. The statement is only partially true in that only the original 151 will be found in the wild for the main game. Basically, we'd still have access to cross-gen evolutionary lines, but they just won't be found in the wild (e.g. we don't get the likes of Sentret or Furret, but can still evolve our Golbat into Crobat or Eevee into more than just Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon).
  4. #1 was the original intention of Game Freak, but they realized early enough that it would be a bad idea. They still couldn't completely back out of the Kanto and Yellow remake aspects of the project though, but they did realize it early enough to revamp the project into a sequel and start working on models and stuff for their beta Pokémon to be inserted into LGPE. The reason all of this beta info is coming out now is to gauge audience reaction.to see if putting them in LGPE is worth the effort or not. However, the leaker was unaware of the implementation of the new Pokémon into these games at the time of posting.
  5. Both #3 and #4 are true.
  6. This guy actually is trolling us, perhaps attempting to throw employers off his track.

Basically, I'm hoping that at least possibilities #4 or #5 is the case, but I think the most likely possibility would be #2.

The Kanto generation has always recieved special benefits, (Why is Staryu more deserving of a song than Chatot or Castform?) so I wouldn't be surprised if the rumor was true. However, something tells me they are better than that, they can't a) lock out the most popular eeveelutions and b) disappoint the Go players showing them the same Pokemon they've known for 2 years.

Regarding the announcement, it can't be ruled out that it was posponed at the last minute (until E3?) because of the leaks.

The Kanto generation has always recieved special benefits, (Why is Staryu more deserving of a song than Chatot or Castform?) so I wouldn't be surprised if the rumor was true. However, something tells me they are better than that, they can't a) lock out the most popular eeveelutions and b) disappoint the Go players showing them the same Pokemon they've known for 2 years.

Regarding the announcement, it can't be ruled out that it was posponed at the last minute (until E3?) because of the leaks.
Actually they should have had anticipated it to show people what the games really are. Cause right now the hype is going this way: "It's a simple yellow remake, I don't want it".

I'm still pretty positive the games won't be a straight remake. The original rumor even says that you play as a new set of characters. So if that's the case then Red and Blue would heavily take the back seat and I don't see them retconning them out of the original story. I'm not sue about the original 151 part, but we shall see what it all really means very soon I'm sure. Either way I don't think people should think of this as a straight remake where the only change is the update in graphics. I think there'll be more or less a new story to play if nothing else

I will seriously not buy the game if they restrict it to just the original 151.
Agreed. I could make peace with this game being in Kanto only if they show that the region has changed significantly since Red and Blue were children. But if it's just nothing but the original 151 and no changes to the dex then Gamefreak can forget about getting a dime from me.

Agreed. I could make peace with this game being in Kanto only if they show that the region has changed significantly since Red and Blue were children. But if it's just nothing but the original 151 and no changes to the dex then Gamefreak can forget about getting a dime from me.
I agree on that one. They need to have lots of changes to the game or else most of the players (especially those who have played RGBY or FRLG before) won't buy it. They need to add lots of newer gen Pokemon to the Pokedex. Not just crossgen relatives, but several new lines to fix many of Kanto's glaring type variety issues.

Hmm, you guys ever thought that GF sees the leaks online involving upcoming announcements, and they change plans to throw people off?

GF/TCPi doesn't really have a history of that though. They knew about the Mega Audino/Slowbro leaks for instance, but still stuck to their original schedule and revealed them properly a while later.

Plus, none of the rumors give us an exact date for when they'll reveal the game, so it wouldn't really throw people off to move it forward or postpone it.

I agree on that one. They need to have lots of changes to the game or else most of the players (especially those who have played RGBY or FRLG before) won't buy it. They need to add lots of newer gen Pokemon to the Pokedex. Not just crossgen relatives, but several new lines to fix many of Kanto's glaring type variety issues.
They can start by making the houndour, slugma, and Murkrow lines officially a part of the Kanto dex. Especially considering you couldn't even catch them until you went to Kanto in Gen 2.

The other leakers aren't saying that the 4chan leaker is right, either. Well, Emily Rogers did post this opinion piece yesterday, which is about returning to a smaller roster of "non-crappy" Pokemon. That doesn't necessarily mean just Kanto ones, and is apparently not based on any knowledge. It was a joke about the graphics possibly being worse than FRLG's.

Thing is though: No Pokemon is crap, people consider them crap because they don't know how too work with them. For example: I find Charizard crap, since its too overrated.

That was just her opinion. Nevermind.

VegetableBird has this to say about the latest rumor:

I haven't heard anything on the matter. I can't imagine they would retcon the newer Pokemon like that though, it doesn't make sense from a gameplay standpoint. It's possible they do something similar to FRLG. But stay positive, I'm sure we have some surprises in store.

At least now we know that they could have easly started the games in 2017:

- Not a new generation but a remake.
- A remake of a 3rd version and of a generation that has 2 remakes already.
- Not a remake belonging to gen 7 but to gen 1 cause there are only the first 151 pokemon.
- The graphics are similar to a 3ds game.
- Some of the new mechanics are taken from Go.
- Back to grid based.

11 months and now a bright future is in front of us. :)

No seriously, I'm regretting usum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom