• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that this is not the case. The post-Gen 1 mons should be in the base game to begin with and some should be available in the main campaign.
I fully agree dont get me wrong, but they could do it and have a legitimate excuse to do so if they decide to reboot. But yeah, i want all 807 and i want to be able to catch them all too

Here's an idea if it hasn't been brought up: 151 brand-new Pokemon in a future-alternate Kanto, and then you can catch the original 151 post-game. Probability? Yeah right.

Welp, here's hoping to another 24 hours of waiting for an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement.

Here's an idea if it hasn't been brought up: 151 brand-new Pokemon in a future-alternate Kanto, and then you can catch the original 151 post-game. Probability? Yeah right.

Welp, here's hoping to another 24 hours of waiting for an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement.
151 brand-new mons? This is Game Freak we're talking about. We should be happy if we get 40 at this point

Eh, you know I’ve been wondering since these games will allegedly take place in Kanto do you think there would be a chance that we might get three eeveelutions for the first time since RBY?

My three ideal types would be Flying, Dragon, and Rock.

Starting to think it might have been better if Pokemon remained on hand helds

Not like the handheld games have been all that great either. Even on the 3DS people had much higher expectations for this series than what we got. The problem is that Game Freak just wants to cheap out and not put any real effort into their games in a market that's specifically buying a dedicated gaming device for high quality games. Until they man up and start taking this seriously the series is going to continue to underwhelm and disappoint.

Not like the handheld games have been all that great either. Even on the 3DS people had much higher expectations for this series than what we got. The problem is that Game Freak just wants to cheap out and not put any real effort into their games in a market that's specifically buying a dedicated gaming device for high quality games. Until they man up and start taking this seriously the series is going to continue to underwhelm and disappoint.
I don't think it's their fault you guys put you expectations to high. And leak seasons don't help when they bring up interesting concepts.

Eh, you know I’ve been wondering since these games will allegedly take place in Kanto do you think there would be a chance that we might get three eeveelutions for the first time since RBY?

In the old thread, I think it was brought up a couple times. I'd like to see something like that, to be honest with you. Not really sure what types I'd like to see though, I've liked all of the Eeveelutions this far, my personal favorites being Espeon and Leafeon.

I agree that each game has their own problems, but what do you expect from technology that's made by imperfect humans? I'm not trying to make excuses, but c'mon. What exactly do you want to see improved? Because to me it always seems like you're coming off as the horrible boss who slams his/her fists on the desk making demands that you expect without coming up with any suggestions yourself.

I was planning to wait before posting this "leak" from 4chan to see if and what news we get this Thrusday, but since people seem to be starving for any kind of positive information in the wake of recent rumors, I thought, "Why not".

I actually like these types of leaks; vague enough to mean anything or nothing at the same time. At least it has the decency to give itself an expiration date.

The thing I find the most interesting is the fifth point about New or Old Kanto and being able to "choose". I originally had a different interpretation, but what if these games have an option at the beginning of the game to have a "classic" mode where only the original 151 are available? New Kanto would have new Pokemon. Seems like a pointless feature unless there's more to the choice, but I could be underestimating the value of marketing towards genwunners.

edit: changed fourth to fifth
"New vs old kanto"
Everyone would chose new kanto, gamefreak isn't that stupid smh

It might be possible especially since we only got one in gen6. Three would be a nice call back if they really are going for a 're-imagining'. I would replace rock with poison though. I really want an eeveelution called Radeon.

Yes; I was thinking about the Smash Bros Switch reveal which of course was very mischeivous about how it built excitement.

At this point it is possible that much of the "leaks" from the trip code verfiable poster are red herrings being posted by a staff member from one of the teams, and especially because the 22nd (or 29th) seem to have been hinted at as a day for an announcement.

There wouldn't be any way to start a Pokemon reveal trailer with another game series' characters (which magnified the excitement for Smash Bros actually being what was revealed/announced). But, to bring a similar effect, harmless but underwhelming leaks could be posted by what would seem to be the most accurate source just a day or week before the announcement. I am not sure that this is what is going on, but it is fun to consider!!

I don't think it's their fault you guys put you expectations to high. And leak seasons don't help when they bring up interesting concepts.

A lot of what's being requested... really isn't all that unreasonable. Things like having a decent sized post game, a better difficulty system, less handholding, larger and more open ended areas, less arbitrarily removing of features, and not having bare minimum copy/paste experiences isn't exactly asking heaven and earth from Game Freak and other developers can easily handle those things. Hell, BotW is literally about 100 times bigger than anything Game Freak has ever done and packed with more content. It's not the fans' fault Game Freak falls far short of expectations when other developers have no problem. Game Freak's just not cutting it.

I agree that each game has their own problems, but what do you expect from technology that's made by imperfect humans? I'm not trying to make excuses, but c'mon. What exactly do you want to see improved? Because to me it always seems like you're coming off as the horrible boss who slams his/her fists on the desk making demands that you expect without coming up with any suggestions yourself.

See above. They skimp out on just about everything nowadays and have bare minimum in terms of exploration and content. And there's really nothing to suggest here, the solution is to... just do it. This isn't a technology problem, it's a philosophy problem. Game Freak are capable of doing these things in some capacity, they just choose not to.

I would like Flying, Fighting and pure Normal type. We could always use more strong normal types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom