• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
An incense timer doesn’t mean jack. I’ll video myself eating a hat if we get an announcement then. Masuda is cryptic, but that’s just silly.
I'd love to see the announcement on 29th just to see that :p

Only thing that worries me if they will overhype it like gen 6 and 7 with the advertising and constant reveals. I hope they do it like ORAS where they talk about it here and there but it doesn’t go into depth so there’s lots to explore and find when we eventually get the game.
Hadn’t ORAS revealed all the Megas pre release?

More (probably fake) Leaks!View attachment 110252
I'm leaning towards this one being fake and that's because of the black and white Game Boy graphics. If it had sprites, they would have to make sprites for Gen 6 and Gen 7 Pokemon plus Mega Evolutions, Primal Reversion, Power Construct and Ultra Burst.

You know assuming that the Kanto mons do get evolutions and prevolutions here’s what I’d like to see:

1. Ghost/Grass Parasect evo (its way past time the gastly line stopped being Kanto’s sole Ghost types)
2. Fighting/Flying Farfetch’d evo
3. Psychic/Dark Hypno evolution
4. A prevolution to Tauros and Miltank that’ll evolve into one of the two depending on its gender.
5. A Jynx evolution (Electabuzz and Magmar got theirs so why not jynx?)
6. Dragon, Flying and Rock eeveelutions. Dragon because not only is it a type that EVERYONE wants for an eeveelution but it will also be weak to Sylveon as Eeveelutions usually come in pairs with one weak to the other. Flying because that’s the type everyone has put their money on being revealed in the new movie, and rock because it’s strong against Flying. Lastly I chose three eeveelutions because it’s a call back to how we got three of them in RBY.
7. Gorochu. Make him an alternate evolution to Pikachu and make him electric/dark. Kanto definitely needs more dark representation.
8. Kangaskhan pre evo and male evolution (Normal/Dragon).
9. Dragon/Ice lapras evo
10. Electrode evo

You know assuming that the Kanto mons do get evolutions and prevolutions here’s what I’d like to see:

1. Ghost/Grass Parasect evo (its way past time the gastly line stopped being Kanto’s sole Ghost types)

Please, not another grass/ghost. What about Bug/Ghost?

How would this work when all Kangaskhan are female? The females just randomly evolve into a male only evolution?
Or maybe it's a case like Shedinja? First you need an empty slot in your party, then when Kangaskhan evolves you wind up with a new evolution and a Marowak. Wait...

It'll be super lame if the insiders nail everything about lets go pikachu/eevee and the only mistaken info was the announcement being in may.

We wait till June to find out not much more than what may have already leaked. . . ;-;

At this point the Internet will collectively explode if the games are standard Generation 8 games with no major changes....

I'd like to see it happen just to see the explosive results :p

I’d honestly welcome a generation without any stupid gimmicks like mega or z. Would be nice to go back to basics and just have some cool evolutions and form changes again without anything over the top. I’m not a fan of the power creep these gimmicks give us each generation creating a further divide for the Pokémon that desperately need that boost

I’d honestly welcome a generation without any stupid gimmicks like mega or z. Would be nice to go back to basics and just have some cool evolutions and form changes again without anything over the top.

I’m not picking on you here or anything, I just have to say, ah, how I remember the days when form changes were the stupid gimmick and when Gen 5 was introducing way too many. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom