• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not picking on you here or anything, I just have to say, ah, how I remember the days when form changes were the stupid gimmick and when Gen 5 was introducing way too many. :p

Gen 5 was about fine honestly since no one really cared about Kyurem since it was your box legend. The other legends were cool but not over done. Having another simple gen would be nice especially for nostalgia.

I’m not a fan of the power creep these gimmicks give us each generation creating a further divide for the Pokémon that desperately need that boost
For the current (as of Gen 7) battle system, I think it could really benefit from some kind of attack nerf across the board ... and if Gen 8 will be incorporating some kind of action commands, have that be an additive boost (which will naturally benefit weaker Pokemon more so than stronger ones).

Or maybe it's a case like Shedinja? First you need an empty slot in your party, then when Kangaskhan evolves you wind up with a new evolution and a Marowak. Wait...

But it still wouldn't be possible to just turn female to male for a species that's 100% female...

I think he meant the prevo would have a split evolution into a new Pokemon if it was male.

Well we know baby Kangaskhan is the same species, so it will still be female only, so I still am a bit confused how that would work

Buuutt on topic #endmasochism dontgetyourhopesup

Gen 5 was about fine honestly

I do agree with that. Certainly I was one of the ones defending the number of forms in Gen 5 back then. (y)

(Not to kick up too much dust in here, but honestly when you put them all into context, Gen 5 really isn’t that outrageous with its forms - Kyurem was inevitable, Basculin having red and blue forms is totally harmless and a logical extension of Gen 4’s gender differences and Shellos/Burmy gimmicks, Deerling and Sawsbuck are just an aesthetic thing to tie in with seasons, Genesect has a fraction of what Arceus had and it’s an even less significant change, and the Therian formes actually saved those three guys aesthetically while also making sense narratively because it’s pretty common for deities in myths to be polymorphs. Which only leaves Darmanitan, Keldeo, and Meloetta as the sort-of-pointless stragglers. But even Darmanitan’s is seemingly there to promote Hidden Abilities, to an extent.)

Sooo...
You changed your profile to the Cap huh?

The Captain called, and I answered.

I do agree with that. Certainly I was one of the ones defending the number of forms in Gen 5 back then. (y)

(Not to kick up too much dust in here, but honestly when you put them all into context, Gen 5 really isn’t that outrageous with its forms - Kyurem was inevitable, Basculin having red and blue forms is totally harmless and a logical extension of Gen 4’s gender differences and Shellos/Burmy gimmicks, Deerling and Sawsbuck are just an aesthetic thing to tie in with seasons, Genesect has a fraction of what Arceus had and it’s an even less significant change, and the Therian formes actually saved those three guys aesthetically while also making sense narratively because it’s pretty common for deities in myths to be polymorphs. Which only leaves Darmanitan, Keldeo, and Meloetta as the sort-of-pointless stragglers. But even Darmanitan’s is seemingly there to promote Hidden Abilities, to an extent.)

The Captain called, and I answered.
I think Keldeo's forme is symbolically significant for the Pokemon's story itself, evolving from a rookie to a full-fledged member of the Swords of Justice, similar to Feebas going from a (subjectively) ugly Pokemon to a (subjectively) beautiful one, or Magikarp from a weak Pokemon to a powerful one

I think Keldeo's forme is symbolically significant for the Pokemon's story itself, evolving from a rookie to a full-fledged member of the Swords of Justice, similar to Feebas going from a (subjectively) ugly Pokemon to a (subjectively) beautiful one, or Magikarp from a weak Pokemon to a powerful one

Sure, but it could have upped its stats or something, at least. Or, Keldeo’s Ordinary Form could have had lower stats - as you say, Resolute Form is symbolic of it becoming a full member of the Swords, and yet, Keldeo’s BST is the same as theirs. So Keldeo should either start off lower and then become equal to them, or start of equal and then surpass them. It’s especially awkward since the mechanism by which it transforms - that is, learning Secret Sword - was already available to it before the form was added to the games.

As it stands, “becoming a full-fledged member” simply equates to it getting a bigger horn and a literal feather in its cap.

My goodness, reading through the recent posts is so ridiculous. No matter what's true or false, I find it hilarious how the plot keeps thickening. Rumours pertaining to other rumours, horribly photoshopped images by imposters of seemingly believable 'leakers', a Chinese 'informant' discrediting the original 'leaker', mysterious posts on an Italian forum from years ago. You can't make this up omg.

Well, this is the era of post-truth and alternative facts, so if anything people should learn to expect everything and believe nothing.

pokemonletsgo.com again active. Now we have FTP service and mail service and domain was taken by someone from Netherlands (using a proxy service probably). Probably scammer buy domain.

Does this debunk LGP/LGE

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180523-184545.png
    Screenshot_20180523-184545.png
    456.4 KB · Views: 147
But domains "confirmed" LGE/LGP are pokemonletsgopikachu.com/pokemonletsgoeevee.com.
Ah shoot, I got the domain names mixed up, thought "let'sgoeevee.com" was the original domain registered

Sorry!

So someone got the domain somehow in the netherlands, and nintendo just got it back ? If Nintendo is getting them back, it must be naturally serious and mean something yeah ?

So someone got the domain somehow in the netherlands, and nintendo just got it back ? If Nintendo is getting them back, it must be naturally serious and mean something yeah ?
No, Nintendo don't do anything with that. Someone sell domain and other guy (probably scammer) buy it and now we have there FTP/mail service.

No, Nintendo don't do anything with that. Someone sell domain and other guy (probably scammer) buy it and now we have there FTP/mail service.

What does that mean in the grand scheme of things ? Does scamming happen with trademarks and the like ? Im not familiar with this area lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom