• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guess I can scratch Crocky off. And I really won’t be surprised if Jagu is just a beta design for Sharpedo, though I’m hoping it can at least be reworked into a legit swordfish Pokémon.
yep jagu was a beta design for sharpedo wait no jagu was not revealed yet so it might be revealed as a new Pokemon for Gen 8 or the kanto reboots

Last edited:
I was honestly hoping we'd get a handheld-only version of the Switch. I would certainly love a console, and I would definitely love to play Pokemon on the "big screen" but I'm not ready to buy a Switch and having a cheaper option would help a lot. I also feel like I'd probably mostly play on handheld mode anyway because I don't have a TV in my room and hooking up the Switch in the living room would be a bit of a problem because I would probably have to play at certain times only since I don't live alone and I gotta share the TV lol.

F5C20FC3-D546-47E4-B354-E246E093924A.jpeg
Well this is cool

Last edited by a moderator:
I do agree with that. Certainly I was one of the ones defending the number of forms in Gen 5 back then. (y)

(Not to kick up too much dust in here, but honestly when you put them all into context, Gen 5 really isn’t that outrageous with its forms - Kyurem was inevitable, Basculin having red and blue forms is totally harmless and a logical extension of Gen 4’s gender differences and Shellos/Burmy gimmicks, Deerling and Sawsbuck are just an aesthetic thing to tie in with seasons, Genesect has a fraction of what Arceus had and it’s an even less significant change, and the Therian formes actually saved those three guys aesthetically while also making sense narratively because it’s pretty common for deities in myths to be polymorphs. Which only leaves Darmanitan, Keldeo, and Meloetta as the sort-of-pointless stragglers. But even Darmanitan’s is seemingly there to promote Hidden Abilities, to an extent.)
Honestly, I just prefer it that way, I always hated in-battle only form changes. I feel like it takes away the feel of a Pokemon in particular. "Dur dur, here's the original form of Groudon but you can only access it through battle so it can't stay like that forever dur dur".

Apparently the day before the USUM direct announcement, the Pokémon Twitter didn’t tweet anything, can someone confirm?

Probably doesn’t mean anything though, let’s all assume it’s next week (and be surprised if it’s tomorrow).
Shit really?46 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom