• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lockstin’s videos and theories got most mythology and history completely wrong with his arguing points which was a huge turn off to me.

But I did admire the passion he had. It was annoying when fans were using that as fact which always irked me lol The end of Pokémon is here !

I'm not sure who that is. I was just referring to the first Sun/Moon trailer. That one line produced a lot of crazy fan speculation. Can't wait for some equally vague tagline in the Pokemon Let's Go announcement.
Lockstin is a poketuber who made a series of theory videos about how Sun and Moon were the last games before a reboot

He got it right for the wrong reasons.

With the majority of all Nintendo’s current franchises doing their respective reboots it was bound to happen anyway, was an eventuality.

Hey i thoroughly enjoyed Lockstin's videos!

He got a lot of the story and character beats right, especially with Lusamine, but the specifics always had something wrong. I think that's why people don't appreciate how much he did end up getting right, and the references were always well researched and on point. Plus the whole reboot thing seems to be turning out correct. Again, the exact specifics aren't 100% right, but he acknowledged that they likely wouldn't be and made fun of himself quite a bit. I'm a fan and I hope he's doing okay.

He got it right for the wrong reasons.

With the majority of all Nintendo’s current franchises doing their respective reboots it was bound to happen anyway, was an eventuality.
I mean yeah, but Pokemon doesn't necessarily ''need'' a reboot of BOTW or Odyssey scale, but thats basically what the majority of the community do want now.

I think it’s time personally, the modern additions have slapped in a ton of gimmicks that do take away from the essence of the game, so a reboot is a nice way to go back to basics and it’s a money printing machine for GF since nothing has come close to selling what gen 1 did, hopefully these do well in the market.

I think it’s time personally, the modern additions have slapped in a ton of gimmicks that do take away from the essence of the game, so a reboot is a nice way to go back to basics and it’s a money printing machine for GF since nothing has come close to selling what gen 1 did, hopefully these do well in the market.

I’m pretty sure that, regardless of how good or bad the next games will be, they’ll sell well, but not as close as Gen I. And it has nothing. to do with how good Gen I was.

And yet at the same time we have people believing that these games are "boring remakes", or they're afraid of the Go elements.

The initial trailer should really be impactful if these games are supposed to be a renaissance.

And yet at the same time we have people believing that these games are "boring remakes", or they're afraid of the Go elements.

The initial trailer should really be impactful if these games are supposed to be a renaissance.

It’s difficult to have that impact with a simple trailer, expecially a reveal one. They’re not usually that full of details. I think it’s more likely that they’ll focus on the new graphics for the reveal, and show more of the gameplay in June.

If these games do not feature Go too prominently, I think they will be great games. The only fear I have is too much Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom