• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of May versus the beginning of June isn't really all that different. Yeah, it would suck if we had to wait longer for an announcement, but in the end, same difference.

Still, I'm leaning towards them announcing by the end of May.

As much as I love Pokemon I personally hope it's not at E3(maybe just a little mention that's it if it gets revealed early). I rather other games coming this year get a chance to shine since Smash already will be the big focus as is. I still like to see Gamefreak give Pokemon its own personal focus as usual in their Pokemon Directs again not saying it shouldn't but just a little reminder if anything Pokemon related gets shown there.

giphy.gif

When Pokemon Switch is finally announced but you’re dead from waiting...

As much as I love Pokemon I personally hope it's not at E3(maybe just a little mention that's it if it gets revealed early). I rather other games coming this year get a chance to shine since Smash already will be the big focus as is. I still like to see Gamefreak give Pokemon its own personal focus as usual in their Pokemon Directs again not saying it shouldn't but just a little reminder if anything Pokemon related gets shown there.

Same, to be honest.
I am not against an E3 reveal but I prefer Pokémon having its own dealing a bit before E3 so Nintendo (and myself) can focus on other things (like Smash).

only smash actually

Same, to be honest.
I am not against an E3 reveal but I prefer Pokémon having its own dealing a bit before E3 so Nintendo (and myself) can focus on other things (like Smash).

only smash actually

Well, yea, Smash is huge. I can't wait to start throttling people online in that like I do at Kart (closing in on 10000 points), but I think PKMN would be fine there. I really feel as though this will be a huge E3 for Nintendo, and that they might do something slightly different due to the Switch success. Smash will def be the big focus, but I'd imagine Nintendo wants a couple jaw droppera there. After all, we all know Smash is coming. The most negative outlook would be a SMALL teaser at the end of Nintendo's presentation. We need to be prepared for getting nothing but a title drop, too.

I’m not getting worked up over it. We know an announcement is coming at some point; it doesn’t matter when.

Felt like I was the only one thinking this~ With E3 coming up, we're bound to get something at some point within the next month so I'm not worried about what day, what time, etc~

You guys need to grow strong like me, the person whose heart has grown cold from waiting the past three years for a new mainline Animal Crossing game. It's definitely gonna be this E3...m-maybe...please? Oh, dear god, please Nintendo, I need it!

While I think that a May reveal is the most likely, even if they reveal them at E3 I'm predicting a bombing marketing campain, like bigger than s/m, with news every two weeks. With an October/November release, they have 5/6 months to promote the games properly, cause this time they also have to convince some people to buy the console.

If the game is coming in 2018 (which I think it likely is, given that Lets Go is looking to be a real thing), then the announcement has to happen by E3.

USUM was announced first week of june. It's possible emily could've been wrong about the announcement being this month, though she did specify "end of may" leading me to think she knew it would be the last few days

If e3 passes and we hear nothing, then it's time to be like ?????? The thing with the potential 29th announcement, is that it assumes that gamefreak trademarked the game titles on the 15th when they trademarked the domains. There's no actual evidence they did that, although it does line up with the "end of may" rumors

Like I said, "End of May" and "Beginning of June" exist in the same ballpark. I definitely agree that if we get past E3, and then we've heard nothing, something odd may be going on. Otherwise, I think we should enjoy the fun of not knowing everything about this game lol.

Last edited:
If the game is coming in 2018 (which I think it likely is, given that Lets Go is looking to be a real thing), then the announcement has to happen by E3.

USUM was announced first week of june. It's possible emily could've been wrong about the announcement being this month, though she did specify "end of may" leading me to think she knew it would be the last few days

If e3 passes and we hear nothing, then it's time to be like ?????? The thing with the potential 29th announcement, is that it assumes that gamefreak trademarked the game titles on the 15th when they trademarked the domains. There's no actual evidence they did that, although it does line up with the "end of may" rumors
What happened on the 15th was a defensive measure. It's somehow logical that they trademarked the games back then. I mean, even if they could claim those trademarks, I don't think they want to lose time because of legal issues. This is why they claimed the domains in these last days and did not wait for the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom