• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between this potential mold-breaking return to Kanto and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon adding new Pokemon, I'm not sure Game Freak is as attached to their usual patterns as people think they are. It might make sense to add barely any legendaries if they wanted to have a partial plot focus on the existing Generation 1 legendaries, some of which have never had one before.

I'm going to keep assuming the worst (for me) though - only the original 151 - because I'd prefer to be pleasantly surprised than horribly let down.

Because Emily said “unfortunately” something negative about the new rumors is true and we just have to “except it.”
Her exact words:
Emily said:
There's not much else for me to say about the "Let's Go" games.

Unfortunately, most of the accurate information is already floating out there on the internet. It's just a question of whether you're willing to accept some of that information.
The "unfortunately" is in reference to the fact that she has nothing to say that isn't already out there. "Accept" doesn't even necessarily mean that it's bad news; it could just mean deciphering the truth. My impression is that she doesn't even know much and is covering it.

you’d think Game Freak would give us something more exciting than a bland Yellow remake.
I'd think that you'd wait for the reveal before making that statement.

gingerninja23 said:
Well Masuda did say not to get your hopes up with Pokemon Switch so it is to be expected. I wish they would take more risks like other Nintendo franchises. They hold the biggest franchise, and can afford to do so, I wonder why they won't.
He was most likely referring to some people expecting the game to be like Breath of the Wild in terms of graphics and open world scope. The Pokemon roster has nothing to do with it, and if anything, restricting it to the original 151 would be an unnecessary risk (although probably not a very harmful one).

Both Masuda and Ohmori said that they're aware of fans' expectations, which put a lot of pressure on them. Before Masuda joked about not having wild dreams, Ohmori said this: "We're going to do our best to create a great game that answers those expectations."

Last edited:
Smash and Metroid + news of the new Monolith game are higher priorities of mine to look forward to at E3, but if we hear about the new Pokemon inbetween, I'm sure it will be as good as always.

Despite how much Pikachu is marketed, the Pichu line is useless in competitive per Smogon.
I would like to see Gorochu instead be aMega Raichu, but I don't see new Megas getting added ever again. Plus, it already has an Alolan Form which has a second type.
Now, given his special Pikachu is, they may make Pichu the first Pokémon that can evolve thrice, but what would an Alolan Raichu evolve into?
I think the most likely outcome is Gorochu being a split evolution of Pikachu that requires a new move or item, as to justify why your Pikachu can't evolve into Gorochu in the past (and why Ash's Pikachu never showed evolutionary signs).

but I don't see new Megas getting added ever again. Plus, it already has an Alolan Form which has a second type.
And the Alolan form has an exclusive Z-Move regular Raichu cannot use. A Mega for Kantonian Raichu, and a Z-Move for the Alolan form evens things out.

but what would an Alolan Raichu evolve into?
Nothing? The line can stop there.

This is from Restera and based off what was said in Tieba. Is this true ?

Does this also affect the recent statements of the Chinese leakers and people supporting the let’s go leak ?

Attachments

• 0133432921_1285740148228559_6921387140928503808_o.jpg
    0133432921_1285740148228559_6921387140928503808_o.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
This is from Restera and based off what was said in Tieba. Is this true ?

Does this also affect the recent statements of the Chinese leakers and people supporting the let’s go leak ?
I spread malicious / fabrication/ personal attacks?
I don't know about that.

But anyway, it doesn't seem to be related to the Let's Go leak... apart from the "reboot" thing.

He was most likely referring to some people expecting the game to be like Breath of the Wild in terms of graphics and open world scope. The Pokemon roster has nothing to do with it, and if anything, restricting it to the original 151 would be an unnecessary risk (although probably not a very harmful one).

Both Masuda and Ohmori said that they're aware of fans' expectations, which put a lot of pressure on them. Before Masuda joked about not having wild dreams, Ohmori said this: "We're going to do our best to create a great game that answers those expectations."

And a Yellow remake developed in just 2 years is going to do that? Unlikely. They don't seem to realize that making bigger and more open ended worlds take a large amount of time and resources, which thus far they have been unwilling to commit. BotW took a team of 300 people 5 years to make, which is twice as much staff spending twice as much time on the game. Game Freak is not going to come close to fans' expectations with this game no matter how hard they try, what they don't seem to realize is that their philosophy of making quick, cheap games doesn't really work in the console market. Console games are like movies, they take humongous investments to make. Until they realize that and start reversing some of their policies they'll never come close to making the kind of game we expect them to make. They're trying to approach making a movie with the philosophy of a Youtube video.

Her exact words:

The "unfortunately" is in reference to the fact that she has nothing to say that isn't already out there. "Accept" doesn't even necessarily mean that it's bad news; it could just mean deciphering the truth. My impression is that she doesn't even know much and is covering it.

I'd think that you'd wait for the reveal before making that statement.

Best damn post in this thread.

Welp, it looks like next week is make it or break it for any May announcements. *insert Spongebob meme about waiting*

And a Yellow remake developed in just 2 years is going to do that? Unlikely. They don't seem to realize that making bigger and more open ended worlds take a large amount of time and resources, which thus far they have been unwilling to commit. BotW took a team of 300 people 5 years to make, which is twice as much staff spending twice as much time on the game. Game Freak is not going to come close to fans' expectations with this game no matter how hard they try, what they don't seem to realize is that their philosophy of making quick, cheap games doesn't really work in the console market. Console games are like movies, they take humongous investments to make. Until they realize that and start reversing some of their policies they'll never come close to making the kind of game we expect them to make. They're trying to approach making a movie with the philosophy of a Youtube video.

We truly don't really know how long they've been working on this game, and we know next to nothing about the games other than unconfirmed "titles" and that it's for the Switch. Please stop jumping to conclusions, and please stop saying it needs to be Zelda in order to please fans.

As much as I loved BoTW, I just want to point out that the remake/enhanced port Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which released almost two months later, outranks it in sales for the Switch worldwide by around three-quarters of a million sales. Last time I checked my Switch's eShop, Death Road to Canada was in the top three in the current sales chart. Switch games do not need to be groundbreaking to sell well or be well received.

Last edited:
If this is Gorochu then this is rather disappointing.

I doubt that’s Gorochu. Gorochu's supposed to be a stage which is higher than Raichu, but this model seems like a Pikachu which is stuck halfway in the process of evolving into Raichu.
And like I said before, the shoulder lightning bolts look unnatural and tacked on hastily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom