• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the level scaling issue with an open-world Pokemon game-

What if what pokemon that appear in certain areas changes depending on your trainer level? Like if you're low-level and you wander into an area where high-level pokemon would appear, they just don't show up because your level is so low, or they rarely show up so it's like a boss fight to your low-level team. Then as you progress and your level rises, different pokemon start appearing more and more around the map.

As for trainers and gyms? Similar thing- high level trainers will snub you until you get to a higher level. Gyms won't let you challenge them until you have x-many badges. And maybe instead of forcing an order, you could have some more options like a few relatively low-level gyms that you could choose to do in any order, a few mid-level gyms that require 2-3 badges to challenge, and some high-level gyms that require 4-5.

Another thing I hope this and future games will do, and this will be a bit long winded, actual acknowledgement of your partner pokemon in the story. Allow me to explain, your starters pokemon is not only the first of your team, but also your first friend, your partner. Yet throughout the years, until sun and moon, choosing your starter didn't feel all that special. You just picked one and that's it, free to do with it as you please, no sense of friendship and comradery. It was until Sun and Moon that made the process felt like a legit start of a friendship. The fact that the pokemon you chose had to accept you as a friend first felt nice, like the beginning of something great, and it helped you feel more close to your pokemon. Granted that didn't last the whole game, but it felt even better with the inclusion in USUM, when you r starter pops out it's pokeball to stand beside you at the entrance of the league. It was a nice feel good moment, and I want even more of that sense of friendship in future games. Something similar to what your rivals get. Like Silver having his starter walk beside him after he understands friendship, or Hau as his starter constantly walks with him, or even Wally and his Ralts. I want that kind of acknowledgement of partnership throughout the story of every game for now on.

Totally agreed with this and in addition, I'd love to see some moments between the player and their entire team. I know the starter is the first/special Pokemon, but I'd enjoy seeing the rest of the party get some love as well. I love how ORAS's ending could represent any player's Pokemon and wasn't just focused on just the starter and for me I would have LOVED if that USUM league moment had the entire team pop out of their Pokeballs to stand with their trainer.

I doubt that'll happen here since I imagine a large focus on Pikachu and Eevee, but in the future I'd like to see moments with the entire party.

The Tree of Beginning is in Kanto and so is the city of the royal family, so maybe we'll get to visit it in the game (not likely though)

I know right?! poor Leaf sucks they just forgot about her in the games....at least the possible new girl MC for LGPE will be her spiritual successor.

Hopefully, she gets a good design and not the Lyra treatment~ (I don't hate Lyra's design but the downgrade from Kris, SMH)

Lillie , Red, and Blue "return from Alola"
Lillie isn't returning to Kanto from Alola, because she's never been to Kanto.
The phrase "Oh no! The [wild pokemon] has dodged [kind of ball]!" can appear
...why? The main reason fans were expecting Pokemon to dodge thrown balls was because of the rumor that catching would work like Go, but if that were the case, it would be blatantly obvious the Pokemon dodged, no need for a message. If it was with the typical catching system, it'd be annoying and redundant-we already have the Pokemon breaking out of the balls.
"Charmander the fire type pokemon", "Squirtle the water type pokemon" and "Bulbasaur the grass type pokemon"
I know this doesn't mark it as fake, but I think it's really weird that the poster writes it like this. The poster is writing on a board about Pokemon, and is clearly familiar with Pokemon (knowing about gyms, Z-Moves, and megas), so it's not like they don't know who these Pokemon are. It looks like they're trying to quote directly from the script, but in addition to being obvious info that doesn't need to be quoted, it's also incorrectly formatted (types are supposed to capitalized and hyphenated-Charmander is the Fire-type Pokemon, not the fire type Pokemon), and it's not in the right language. They're translating a Japanese game into German-no part of their script would be in English.

Lillie isn't returning to Kanto from Alola, because she's never been to Kanto.

...why? The main reason fans were expecting Pokemon to dodge thrown balls was because of the rumor that catching would work like Go, but if that were the case, it would be blatantly obvious the Pokemon dodged, no need for a message. If it was with the typical catching system, it'd be annoying and redundant-we already have the Pokemon breaking out of the balls.

I know this doesn't mark it as fake, but I think it's really weird that the poster writes it like this. The poster is writing on a board about Pokemon, and is clearly familiar with Pokemon (knowing about gyms, Z-Moves, and megas), so it's not like they don't know who these Pokemon are. It looks like they're trying to quote directly from the script, but in addition to being obvious info that doesn't need to be quoted, it's also incorrectly formatted (types are supposed to capitalized and hyphenated-Charmander is the Fire-type Pokemon, not the fire type Pokemon), and it's not in the right language. They're translating a Japanese game into German-no part of their script would be in English.

Lillie and her mother did go to Kanto in the after events of sun and moon. So it’s possible she may return at some point after being a trainer.

@gingerninja23; Just because she's become an actress doesn't mean Sabrina still can't be a gym leader. Gym leader are capable of having jobs outside of their duties as a leader.

What if we see some anime-exlusive locations in LGPE?

If it’s anything like yellow which followed the anime, it’s very possible we may see some anime locations and characters. Would be cool to have a special post game event where you battle in the orange islands with special battles like the frontier or something.

@gingerninja23; Just because she's become an actress doesn't mean Sabrina still can't be a gym leader. Gym leader are capable of having jobs outside of their duties as a leader.

This is true but they could easily do another bw2 situation with her not being gym leader like Brycen was, where it showcases his dreams and desires elsewhere. Would be nice to have some new leaders here and there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom