• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just play FRLG if you only want the original 151.

Also how is Kanto an “isolated” region? There’s another region literally right next to it.

I agree with this too! I would be disappointed with no new evolutions for the Kanto Pokemon. There would be plenty of missed opportunities; but, to give the original Kanto Pokemon unique habitats and behaviors for the first time might make up for it.

In the original presentation of Kanto and Johto, the Pokemon seemed to stay specific to each region due to the Indigo Plateau.

Knightwolf09 said:
Well it doesn't have to be a full on tyranny, just make Team Rocket more rampant. Looting homes as payment, shaking down citizens for pokemon. Turning them up to 11 so to speak. And the law can't touch him. Only person that can beat him and his Mewtwo is you.
We already defeated him in USUM. If he shows up again, it will be in another world (not the one where he won) and I can only hope that the circumstances are much different than "I am going to build a UB army" and that defeating him isn't the climax again.

Well it doesn't have to be a full on tyranny, just make Team Rocket more rampant. Looting homes as payment, shaking down citizens for pokemon. Turning them up to 11 so to speak. And the law can't touch him. Only person that can beat him and his Mewtwo is you.

Let's not forget Pokémon is for kids.

All of three game should be revealed by E3. Chances are that only LGPE will be released this year, as the holiday is preferred for Pokemon games but not the relatively niche Nintendo games.

Let's not forget Pokémon is for kids.
We literally had a game where a man attempted to commit genocide, and died last gen. Kids aren't dumb or weak minded, they're more aware of serious topics than people give them credit for. Having a bunch of thugs being thuggish is tame compared to that.

We literally had a game where a man attempted to commit genocide, and died last gen. Kids aren't dumb or weak minded, they're more aware of serious topics than people give them credit for. Having a bunch of thugs being thuggish is tame compared to that.
Well, genocide was kinda generic if you consider that this gen we had a crazy mother freezing pokemon, yelling at her children and trying to get rid of them o_O Not counting, it was our best friend's mum, clearly.

Actually.... remember that e3 lineup leak?? I believed it, as did others, but many detractors pointed to the Yoshi title (Yoshi's Flipping Island) being too inappropriate for the audience. I'm sure that won't be the title, bit the trailer featured on the Yoshi Nintendo site literally shows a FLIPbook type level build... Pokemon was on that list too. Just found it noteworthy.

Nooo....after 11 months we're finally at that point when "next week" actually means that the announcement will be next week? Really? It was a funny game to play...god saves the community if it's not next week

P.s. you know it's gonna be on the 31st, right? Cause they want us in pain till the last day available.

Have we ever gotten a Game annoucement on the day of an anime episode. If not, the 30rd is the last possible date.

Well, genocide was kinda generic if you consider that this gen we had a crazy mother freezing pokemon, yelling at her children and trying to get rid of them o_O Not counting, it was our best friend's mum, clearly.

Not to mention, Ghetsis straight up threatened to kill Lillie even after losing the Pokemon fight while most other people are like "ah, oh no, you defeated me. Now I am powerless and must run away/stop what I am doing."

Being a 'kid's game' doesn't mean you can't explore darker and more realistic topics like parental abuse and 1st degree murder.

Being a 'kid's game' doesn't mean you can't explore darker and more realistic topics like parental abuse and 1st degree murder.
Explored? Very briefly and superficially. Right after Lysandre died(?) no one gave him a second thought, and similarly, Lillie forgave Lusamine very quickly.

That is not comparable to an entire region feeling threatened for most of the game. Only the climax has ever felt somber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom