• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon is based in Japan

And it won't be inconvenient unless you just swear off the internet for whatever ungodly reason
I bet GF would know about American culture. America is one of the biggest markets for the franchise. A lot of Americans will be too busy shopping, going to BBQs, and honoring fallen soldiers to care about a Pokemon game getting announced,

An announcement tomorrow will be heavily inconvenient for the American audience.

A forethought, I do agree that there probably won’t be an announcement tomorrow.

However, inconvenient? I don’t see how. “Inconvenient” would be on a day like Christmas or Black Friday, where people typically will be extremely busy. But Memorial Day? I know lots of people have cookouts and such things. And have parades. So it’s a day off to honor fallen vets. Me? I’ll literally be sitting at home. It’s actually a much MORE convenient day for Pokémon news to drop. I’ve got nothing going on and if I did, oh no, how will I EVER see the new Pokémon announcement? It’s the same as anyone that happens to be at school or work during an announcement.

It’s just a Pokémon game. Nobody would think it’s insensitive to reveal it on this one particular AMERICAN holiday.

I bet GF would know about American culture. America is one of the biggest markets for the franchise. A lot of Americans will be too busy shopping, going to BBQs, and honoring fallen soldiers to care about a Pokemon game getting announced,

That sounds like a personal problem, not Game Freak's. It ain't like the announcement is gonna combust and they will have no way to ever know there was an announcement after they get home from wherever

It's Memorial Day. One of the biggest holidays in the United States.

I didn't even know Memorial Day was this Monday until my mom told me yesterday evening on the phone (and it only even got mentioned because we were talking about me looking for days to go shopping, and Memorial Day some places are closed). I would hardly call it one of the biggest holidays. Besides, this is a Japanese company, such a holiday as this won't effect them, and really it shouldn't.

However, inconvenient? I don’t see how. “Inconvenient” would be on a day like Christmas or Black Friday, where people typically will be extremely busy. But Memorial Day? I know lots of people have cookouts and such things. And have parades. So it’s a day off to honor fallen vets. Me? I’ll literally be sitting at home. It’s actually a much MORE convenient day for Pokémon news to drop. I’ve got nothing going on and if I did, oh no, how will I EVER see the new Pokémon announcement? It’s the same as anyone that happens to be at school or work during an announcement.

Moreover... it kind of bewilders me to think that our capacity for multitasking could have shrunk so much that one can’t read a tweet about an announcement and then retweet about how hyped they are in between bites of cooked chicken, especially with the ubiquity of smartphones. Sure, you’re going to have cookouts and get-togethers and remembrances, but not for literally every waking second of the day.

That sounds like a personal problem, not Game Freak's. It ain't like the announcement is gonna combust and they will have no way to ever know there was an announcement after they get home from wherever
It will happen. People will be too busy shopping, going to BBQs, and honoring fallen soldiers to care that a Pokemon game has been announced.

It will happen. People will be too busy shopping, going to BBQs, and honoring fallen soldiers to care that a Pokemon game has been announced.

Again, personal problems, not Game Freak's~ They don't need to stop everything for one country wherein most people will have no problem turning on a computer or checking their phone for an announcement if they want~

"America is one of the biggest markets for the franchise"
^ No. Sales have shown that American sales and Japanese sales of the main games are similar.

Well, to be fair, it’s technically still an accurate statement. America is one of the biggest markets for the franchise. It’s just that Japan is also one of the biggest markets for the franchise.

I do find it interesting the text in-game says "Eevee is holding back from falling asleep"(as if it's waiting not to miss the announcement).And the tweet also says "Good night. See you soon Eevee...",which could be a buildup to the announcement.
And of course,following Eevee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom