• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know what Memorial day is for, before googling.
It's a very American thing... I'd assume.
Yes, it’s an American holiday for American people honoring American soldiers. I see no reason why anything would/should have to wait for the holiday to pass before being revealed.

Meh on Memorial Day being any sort of issue- a lot of people don't celebrate it and just accept the extended weekend. Some celebrate early, even- I went to a BBQ yesterday- and honestly it's not all that involved of a holiday that it would prevent anyone from reading an announcement. If anything, announcing it when people are more likely to be gathered together just helps spread news faster anyway.

It's Memorial Day. One of the biggest holidays in the United States.

I don't think GameFreak cares since it is a very region specific holiday only relevant to a small portion of the fanbase. If for some reason people in America can't find the time to buy the game on Memorial Day they will pre-order or buy it AFTER

About a week ago, I said to my friend that if the game was revealed on the 29th, I'd eat a bunch of Pikachu cards. Now that it's looking somewhat more likely that that'll happen, I've started planning how I'll eat the cards in the event that it does happen then. I'm a man of my word, so should I just straight up eat them or stir them into ice cream? Maybe I could put them in broth.

About a week ago, I said to my friend that if the game was revealed on the 29th, I'd eat a bunch of Pikachu cards. Now that it's looking somewhat more likely that that'll happen, I've started planning how I'll eat the cards in the event that it does happen then. I'm a man of my word, so should I just straight up eat them or stir them into ice cream? Maybe I could put them in broth.

Boil them with Pichu cards while wearing a Raichu outfit, and make it a family dinner.

1527440676751.png

Baidu....?
What the hell is baidu? Either way, I think just ignore them.

Actually, she went to Kanto for a bit at the end of the SuMo.
The leak was discussing the game as if it occurred shortly after the events of SuMo. (Red and Blue are stated to be returning from Alola) If Lillie had taken a trip to Kanto, gone back to Alola, and then gone back to Kanto again, then it could be called a "return", but that's an oddly short trip to Kanto if it's still only 20 years after the events of RBY. And, as Riley pointed out, that's only if SuMo are the "canon" games-in USUM, Gladion makes the trip, not Lillie. (And given the story elements added in USUM, like the Ultra Recon Squad, Necrozma's alternate forms, and Rainbow Rocket, I think it's more likely to be "canon" of the two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom