• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does GF still have issues about the Letsgopikachueevee trademark that was going on. If so, i expect them they want to sort that first before an announcement, which means a reveal this week can be pretty much being flooded down the drain.

lmfao chill guys, the week is not over yet.

Nah, at least in my case, is not that.
Is just that after so many months of literally nothing, false leaks, unconfirmed information and such simply carried me on in an apathy state regarding the Switch games. I usually joke with my friends that the games don't exist.

"Meh", somewhat.

Nah, at least in my case, is not that.
Is just that after so many months of literally nothing, false leaks, unconfirmed information and such simply carried me on in an apathy state regarding the Switch games. I usually joke with my friends that the games don't exist.

"Meh", somewhat.
i think it's because the reveal was way too early

I don't really see it, because 'generations' are not necessarily canon to in-game lore, and thus the original 151 - no matter how much GF panders to them - are not actually any more significant than other Pokemon. What you're suggesting would pretty much be breaking the fourth wall, and would not feel natural at all.

Well, they are the Pokemon originally native to Kanto. Although any attempt to explain the cross-generational relatives not being native would be silly.

This wouldn't be so much about cross-gen evolutions being native so much as them being discovered later. For that reason, Rainbow Rocket would want to make a profit off of those since they aren't as common in the region as the original 151. Plus, this scheme wouldn't just be limited to cross-gen evolutions: they might also try to monopolize the likes of regional variants, Johtomons that were found in Kanto during GSC, and even completely new species. Basically, it would be leaning on the fourth wall, but it actually has to have an in-universe explanation in order for such a plot to work. Plus, if it is a sequel limited to the original 151 instead of a full-on reboot or remake, then there would still have to be an explanation about the absence of Johto's presence in the region anyways. At least with this idea, you can't just handwave it with a bull**** excuse that doesn't make sense in-universe.

I am one disappointment away from calling the whole thing an elaborate hoax in order to weed out leakers hiding in the company.

maybe they even leaked false stuff like the whole yellow remake/sequel stuff and then blow us a away with a far more ambitious full on gen 8 game

If this is true, than that would be a pretty awesome way to go about catching leakers and surpassing our expectations, even if it would drive the fan base even crazier than we currently are.

Am I the only one who lost hope? I'm in the state of if it happens it happens

Lost hope in what? Honestly, if these rumors are not true, I'll be ecstatic about it. At this point I've stopped anxiously waiting, and actually began hoping that nothing ever comes of it. However unlikely that is.

L
It definitely was, been saying it for quite a while.
Likewise! It's been almost a year, but why did they bother even mentioning it? "A pokemon game is currently in development for the switch"? That's almost a given considering the series is so important to Nintendo's continued success, so why bother even saying it, as if they were to begin feeding us information at any time? When the next smash bros. was revealed, at least a teaser trailer came with it. It just feels like they ended up causing more harm than good, even though I understand that all of these fake leaks and stuff are like free publicity, I guess.

Cool down guys.

We’ve waited 11 months for these games. What’s another 3 days?
Likewise! It's been almost a year, but why did they bother even mentioning it?
Some people were skeptical that the switch would get mainline pokemon games for whatever reason. The e3 announcement was there to squash those doubts.

L

Likewise! It's been almost a year, but why did they bother even mentioning it? "A pokemon game is currently in development for the switch"? That's almost a given considering the series is so important to Nintendo's continued success, so why bother even saying it, as if they were to begin feeding us information at any time?
you would think so but many already painted the doom of the switch due it never receiving a pokemon game since GF will continue to release games on the 3ds.... (when utlra sun and moon where revealed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom