• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, although the number of fake leakers might come close. I'm just saying that there are four other Let's Go leakers who seem to be independent of Emily.

By "thousands of people" I was referring to Internet nerds like us who at the very least believe that LGPE are a strong possibility.
And they very well might be. But what if they aren't? And registered domains for websites don't necessarily mean that it's confirmed. Other anime (Dragonball in particular) have registered domains for websites of like a movie or something, and they never became reality. Only time will tell, I guess.

7 am JST would seem like a good bet for a Direct announcement, if they want the actual Direct to run simultaneously with the show. Maybe 6 am instead.

jonathan keller said:
Other anime (Dragonball in particular) have registered domains for websites of like a movie or something, and they never became reality. Only time will tell, I guess.
But those domains weren't registered as a reaction to a leak, I assume. Were they as oddly specific as "Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee"?

7 am JST would seem like a good bet for a Direct announcement, if they want the actual Direct to run simultaneously with the show. Maybe 6 am instead.

But those domains weren't registered as a reaction to a leak, I assume. Were they as oddly specific as "Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee"?
No. The websites were Dragonballmovie2019.com or something like that. They were pretty vague and didn't have any titles for the movies themselves.

Also, this Emily Rogers said not too long ago that the reactions would be mixed or decisive. That doesn't sound like a major reveal such as the name of the games to me.

Also, this Emily Rogers said not too long ago that the reactions would be mixed or decisive. That doesn't sound like a major reveal such as the name of the games to me.
It sounds like knowing from experience that Pokemon fans tend to complain, and it is well known that some subset of them don't like Kanto. Add the Go integration into the mix and what she said isn't a surprise.

The build a bear thing is just a Jigglypuff plushie.

You’re trying too hard.
The fact that it's just a tiny thing is my point. Feels weird to have something incredibly insignificant and something incredibly significant at the exact same time.

I personally think this is the last chance for the Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee rumors to survive. All of the "leaks" I've seen are saying that the release will come in May.

If they don't at least reveal the name of the games tomorrow, then I'm sorry, but the rumors are just that....Rumors. The whole thing is debunked.

What if this Pokémon Let's Go! thing was all just a massive troll for the Pokémon Company to get back at the leakers? Lead them one way, get them all hyped up, then just release some info pertaining to the anime or something?

Yes. these rumors are on thin ice right now. Depending on what happens, the ice will break, or not.

The fact that it's just a tiny thing is my point. Feels weird to have something incredibly insignificant and something incredibly significant at the exact same time.
not really could be tie in.
Remmeber Jigglypuff is gen 1 too and one point was considered to become the mascot of pokemon too.

It sounds like knowing from experience that Pokemon fans tend to complain, and it is well known that some subset of them don't like Kanto. Add the Go integration into the mix and what she said isn't a surprise.
Well, what's your position on it? Do you want these games, or would you rather have Gen 8? It wouldn't be a surprise to me if they changed their way of doing things.

I don't think S&M did too well, and USUM did even worse than that I believe.

Well, what's your position on it? Do you want these games, or would you rather have Gen 8? It wouldn't be a surprise to me if they changed their way of doing things.
I've been speculating about Kanto sequels since 2014, so yes, I want LGPE as long as they have a new story. I am not eager for a new generation so soon just because there's a new system; Game Freak need more time to get used to the Switch.

I don't think S&M did too well, and USUM did even worse than that I believe.
SM did as well as RS and XY (a bit more than BW) and USUM are currently on par with Platinum. They've probably surpassed expectations.

dunno if this was already posted but Emily said today that the announcement will be before thursday

I'm thinking it's too late for a direct unless they announce it tonight (still unlikely imo) so I'm going with a trailer stealth drop tomorrow, with more details to follow

That was clefairy, but yeah, it’s probably a tie-in.

jigglypuff is approaching mascot level more than Clefairy, IMO. see Jigglypuff (the same Jigglypuff) turning up in many episodes of the anime past Kanto (unusual), not to mention Jigglypuff being in every Smash game.

clefairy ain’t ever had representation like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom