• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I will be disappointed if:

- The games are 1:1 remakes.
- Graphics are just s/m in hd. I need something that marks the switch, like they've always done with new systems.
- We'll go back to grid based.
- Pikachu and Eevee cannot evolve.
- Only first 151 pokemon in the games.
- The announcement never happens.

Honestly, because I think a lot of what you said is looking likely, your last point is what I'm actually hoping for... That it's all untrue and the announcement never happens. I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed with the Switch right now and was hoping for something exciting from Pokemon to boost my opinion, but it looks like that's not going to happen... I mean if not even Pokemon can save it for me, I'm not sure what can.

About the ‘original 151 only’ thing -

What if the games have Bank compatibility?

Hasn’t everyone been... catching them all...?

‘Cause, you know... they’ve kinda been encouraging that for a while now.
The problem is that not everyone pays for bank, and bank support likely won’t come until a few months after the games’ launch.

The problem is that not everyone pays for bank, and bank support likely won’t come until a few months after the games’ launch.

I know, just my attempt to inject some lightheartedness into what’s rapidly becoming a doomsday thread (once again). :)

Roger's had obviously heard something ahead of time given she was making absolute statements, etc. I'm sure she's aware that despite a lot of her past claims being correct, she still has a lot of people iffy on her credibility, so I doubt she would've made claims like she has lately if she knew they had a chance of being false. She was confident in whatever she heard. If i'm not mistaken, game journalism pertaining to leaks/rumors etc doesn't result in lawsuits.

This is coming from someone who doesn't even find Rogers to be super credible, but imo when someone in her position is that confident in claims she makes, something's happening

Last edited:
It would be odd for her to be so confident if there were any chance she could be wrong, given the potential blowback. But then again, I work in news journalism where getting anything wrong could result in a lawsuit. Maybe video game journalism is different? IDK.

I think she knows something and is probably giving her best educated guess on the rest because she's been give very vague details/insider info. If she was pulling things out of the air I doubt she would use her professional name to push these rumors. She has a pretty decent track record, not perfect, but way better than most insiders. If she still is a journalist... spreading a bunch of false information on the biggest video franchise of all time could be career suicide.

About the ‘original 151 only’ thing -

What if the games have Bank compatibility?

Hasn’t everyone been... catching them all...?

‘Cause, you know... they’ve kinda been encouraging that for a while now.

Personally, I’m considering not transferring anything over and catching them all over again from scratch.

I never transfer anything.

which would work really fine. and would generate far more hype then a full on direct imo.
"Well we all know what you want so without further ado.. HERE IT IS"
I tend to agree. Ishihara talking about the series' history and the importance of this transition has been done enough times by now, and E3 will give them a chance for interviews anyway. I just don't want anything as half-assed as the ORAS video, which left some people confused as to whether the games were really remakes.

I think she knows something and is probably giving her best educated guess on the rest because she's been give very vague details/insider info. If she was pulling things out of the air I doubt she would use her professional name to push these rumors. She has a pretty decent track record, not perfect, but way better than most insiders. If she still is a journalist... spreading a bunch of false information on the biggest video franchise of all time could be career suicide.

Exactly. I think the fact that she continues to make these claims all the way down to the wire under her own name is much more telling than anything else. If she was posting them anonymously, no one would be listening at this point. If she turns out to be wrong, I am afraid it is going to have serious repercussions for her credibility and reputation within the community going forward and I just cannot see what reward she would stand to gain from taking such a huge risk. I firmly believe she is right (or at the very least has strong enough grounds to believe she is) - if not 100%, then at least about the main points.

I'm just gonna come out and say it: this happens literally every main series game release. People either love them or hate them. In other words, what she's saying here about mixed and divisive reactions to the games isn't something to be too concerned about.

Just think about it, if you were in her position(Emily). If you didn‘t know shit, would you say things like that so close to being there nothing. She well knows if she just made guesses or lied about it, the backlash will be immense and with the timeframe left here, there is no way she would still hold to her words, if there was nothing to come.

Soo yeah i can‘t wait for it to happen, come on Gamefreak drop the shit
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom